main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin #3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 13, 2013.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Well I will give it that the art is gorgeous, though this issue can’t have had more than 20 lines of dialog. ;)

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ^^ I agree. That shot of the crashed Venators is amazing. It's also funny to see how ineffective the Red Guards here are.

3. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    They are playing in a different league here. , also Kanos was probably the best of them

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    We don't see spacewalking Vader nearly often enough.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Red Guards here are obviously based on the George Lucas vision of them, not the Crimson Empire version, heh.

Lots of cool Vader vs beasties in this one. The decapitation in particular was pretty awesome. As was that Venator shot.

Though action heavy, it is a bit of a transitory issue- the characters are literally walking to the next issue's events, hehe.

VanishingReality likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Not much happening, but gorgeous art. This seems to be the description for the whole tale. :p

But at least you know what is going on with the plot and what the point of all this is (looking at you, Woods Star Wars).

Gorefiend likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I did like Vader's line about how the Empire doesn't have any "functioning" weapons capable of what they're investigating. Apparently, currently being constructed is another story and he knows it ;).

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Or Kuat was busy [face_whistling]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/W-165_planetary_turbolaser

9. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    You know, spacewalking is the only reason Darth Vader in his instantly recognizable form exists. So, this is actually a huge milestone for Star Wars. Finally, he gets to do what his suit was originally envisioned for.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Personally, I hope the Guard who talks too much snuffs it in a comedic fashion.

Space walking Vader is all kinds of awesome though.

11. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    What do you mean finally? Read more Marvel! :p

(But, I quite agree that it's PARTICULARLY awesome in this preview)

12. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    I've read every single Marvel issue until #91. Where does he spacewalk? I can't seem to remember....

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Man, I don't know the issue.

Give me a second, I think I had that image saved somewhere.

EDIT: Weeeelll. After struggling to remember the password to my long dormant photobucket account, it would seem I don't have this image anywhere. So I'm willing to concede I may have imagined it. You may now pelt me with eggs. [face_blush]

Though I definitely remember it as being awesome, because the captions were talking about how Vader was more powerful than the vacuum of space and stuff.

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think he spacewalked in the last free comic book day story.

15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    The issue is #52, To Take The Tarkin. For some absurd reason Wookieepedia doesn't have the image, but it does have this lovely scene from the previous issue:
    [​IMG]
    (And for an even more absurd reason the Trachta-Traitor-arc from Empire didn't include a scene like this)

Edit: The reason that Vader scene is so awesome is because he doesn't just walk in space, the airlock behind him was opened and he is swept into the vacuum, from where he just walks back inside the ship while the winds of the air rushing into the vacuum try to blow him back.

16. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    I really don't remember that at all. [face_dunno] I'll check it out.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Indeed he did. It was just as awesome there, too.

18. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I finally got to read this. The art is great. And Vader was super badass in this issue.

19. Master Woldo Rhen

Master Woldo Rhen Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2013
    I cannot wait for the next one. I want to know about this secretive new civilisation.

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Something I was wondering about...
    Why did Vader and the Royal Guards decide to put their spacecraft down near the evacuation zone and did not have a clue about all those downed Venators in the proximity? Shouldn't they have seen them while they were decending throught the atmosphere?

21. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    If the Venators weren't operational (and thus produced no energy for the spacecraft's sensors to detect) and moreover were covered in foliage, they would not be identifiable as Imperial starships from a high altitude -- maybe as large ruins or natural formations (whether gigantic trees or small hills).

General Immodet and spicer like this.