main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace survive after his fall?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Frankakin skywalker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Be fair now, that was very ambiguous at the end of Dark Knight. Not, y'know CHOP-BZAP-AHHHH-SPLAT that Windu had.

2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I don't think so. And the script said he was dead.

CHOP-BZAP-AHHH-SPLAT or just SPLAT, same difference...

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, I accepted he was dead when Nolan was running around saying he was dead, and somebody posted the script pages that he was dead, and they say he's dead in DKR, and yadda yadda yadda. He looks knocked out to me in the flick, I walked out of it assuming "Cool! Full on Two-Face movie for the third one!" Anyway, Windu fell from slightly higher up than poor deformed Harvey did.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm not sure which is funnier, people having fun claiming Mace survived, or people under the impression that anyone actually believes Mace survived coming in here to stomp on that fun.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    They don't normally have funerals for people who are just knocked out.

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    No coffin is in Dark Knight. Just Gordon talking in front of a giant photo of Harvey Dent at the end. It's not until Dark Knight Rises comes out (or you looked up on the various interviews after the flick was released) that they confirmed that Harvey was dead.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    But what else would that be if not Dent's funeral? And what Gordon says about Dent in that scene is noticeably in the past tense.

8. AmazingAhsokaT

AmazingAhsokaT Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    Well it seems that he is dead but he could be alive...Darth Maul survived after being cut in half! Never really thought about him being alive, but now that i think about it i think he could be!

Paparazzo likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I would hope he's not brought back. With Maul, sure he has some great importance in revealing the Sith to the Jedi, but I agree with others, he was brought back to spice up The Clone Wars. Mace's death is extremely significant in Vader's overall context, as the decision to essentially "cause" his death by removing his defense is the physical point in which Anakin turned- the mental, I would say, was during the Ruminations scene. Bringing Mace back would devalue that scene, I think.

kainee likes this.
  10. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008

Haha, no. People have been asking whether Mace survives the Prequels since TPM.

No he didn't survive. He had his hands cut off, tortured by Sith lightning and pushed out a window. He dead. Like a punk.

11. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    ma ***** is coming back get mad

Ramza Edit: That word is not allowed.

12. TheMandalorian115

TheMandalorian115 Jedi Padawan

Mar 7, 2013
    If Maul could come back, I'm sure Mace can.

13. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
    [face_laugh]

14. White Lightsaber

White Lightsaber Jedi Knight

Jun 25, 2013
    Mace's survival would be far less contrived than the deus ex machina invoked to bring Maul back just for publicity purposes.

I'm not saying Mace must have survived. I'm just saying that he could have survived without stretching the suspension of disbelief. Let's have a look at the objections:

1.- He had his hand chopped off

True, but it's hardly a life-threatening injury, especially if we consider the fact that lightsabers cauterise wounds, therefore preventing lethal blood loss.

2.- He was electrocuted

Other characters, notably Luke, have been Force electrocuted and survived more or less unscathed. Yes, Vader died. But it was at least partly because the Force lightning destroyed the life support system Vader was dependent on. We've never seen a previously healthy Jedi being killed by a single burst of Force lightning. At any rate, and regardless of what our own opinions are, it wouldn't be too difficult for GL to claim Palp's lighting had left Mace grievously injured... but alive.

3.- He fell

Easiest one. He could have fallen into a speeder and been taken to an ally of the Jedi (someone similar to Bail Organa) for medical treatment.

4.- Where was he during the CT?

He might have been living as a hermit, like Obi-Wan or Yoda. Or he might have even been part of the Rebel Alliance, fighting the Empire in regions of the galaxy others than those where Luke and friends were present.

At no time in the CT is it suggested that all the Rebel Alliance's forces are concentrated in a single region of the galaxy. For example, we don't see Admiral Ackbar in the first two films, yet we can safely assume he's fighting the Empire somewhere. Why not the same with Mace?

Under this scenario, it is conceivable that Windu would be using a pseudonym, either to fool the Empire into believing he's still dead, or because he thinks the presence of a well-known Jedi could cause friction and unrest in the Rebel ranks ("If the Jedi failed spectacularly against the Empire last time, why should we take any orders from them now?")...

kainee likes this.
  15. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i dont think Mace survived BUT..... i do think Jackson/Ewan would be up to doing it again so we may see ghosts/holocroms or maybe Mace has his own suit like Vaders and we'll see him limping in :)

16. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013

There's actually quite a few good points in that post, I've also added a few examples (Except number 4, because that has nothing to do with the point I'm about to make).

1) Anakin and Luke both had there arms/hands cut off and both were not seen as that big of a deal in terms of injury wise.

2) Nobody in the films was actually killed as a direct result of lightning, Plus Luke survived and he was certainly blasted with more lightning then Mace.

3) He could have fallen on to something like a speeder, Anakin did it in AOTC so it's easy to say that Mace could have as well. Yoda also fell a great distance in his duel against Palpatine and he got back up as if nothing had happened.

But, in all those examples there is one major difference - circumstance.

1) Yes Anakin and Luke had there hand/arm cut off, but they weren't then blasted out of a window.

2) Yes Luke was blasted with more lightning but he was also on the floor while it was happening.

3) And yes Anakin and Yoda fell great distances but, they where both conscious when they fell. Mace could easily have been unconscious given the fact he'd had his arm cut off and been blasted with lightning. Don't forget that both Anakin and Yoda where unconscious after being hit with lightning. If he was unconscious then he could easily have been hit by a speeder and injured even more, or by the time he regained consciousness it could have been too late for him to avoid impact with the ground.

So although they are good points it really depends on wether Mace is conscious or unconscious, personally I think he was unconscious before he fell and therefore fell to his death.

kainee likes this.
  17. White Lightsaber

White Lightsaber Jedi Knight

Jun 25, 2013
    Personally, I think there's no evidence either way. But, if they really want to bring Mace back for the ST, they can easily say he was conscious when he fell and somehow managed to direct his fall onto a passing speeder, either by use of the Force or by sheer luck.

It wouldn't be particularly far-fetched: after all, Luke and even Vader, who took a hell of a blast, remained conscious at all times

18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Mace was dead before his fall began and if he wasn't...

then he was, when it ended.
    ;)

19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    But we see that he falls on a stunt mat three feet below the set, so by using reason . . .

yeah, I think he's dead. :p

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Mace's head has been kept alive (and, thankfully, ageless and preserved) in a jar for decades as Palpy decided to torture him by making him watch a holomovie of "The Man" over and over. Mace gets a spankin' droid body and is the sidekick to Skippy Skywalker in the ST. Unfortunately, the decades of jar-based isolation has driven Mace quite nuts.

darth ladnar likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Nope, he is dead

22. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Of course he lived. What we witnessed here was a miracle and I want you to ****** acknowledge it!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Mace survived. When his head hit the ground, it caused him to suffer from amnesia. He's been wandering the streets of Coruscant ever since--the Force giving him a sense that he still has a mission to fill but no knowing what that purpose in life is. In the first ST, they finally find a 100-year-old Mace and restore his memory. He immediately tells them: "Palpatine's a Sith lord! He's going to rule the galaxy like a tyrant and he'll destroy our democracy!" They tell him: "Yeah, we know. He died 30 years ago." Mace, now feeling robbed of his purpose in life, throws himself out a window, attempting to commit suicide, but instead he doesn't die. He hits his head again, causing him to suffer from amnesia one more. Then, in the next ST in filmed in 2024, they find him again, and the cycle continues...

No, on second thought... he's dead.

I think whenever they show someone's skull illuminated through his skin after being hit with Force lightning it indicates that guy's received a lethal dosage of Force lightning and he's done for. Plus, Mace fell tons of stories in that incapacitated state before he hit the ground. So, not only is he dead he probably also looks a lot like lasagna.

24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    He's as dead as the deadest dead thing that has ever died.

kainee likes this.
  25. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Mace is definitely dead. And while it was not the most heroic death in SW, it was a pivotal point in Anakin's fall. Despite SLJ being interested in a come back, it would be a mistake to bring Mace back in physical form.

kainee likes this.