main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    NBC Sports Network is replaying the game at 6:30 AM EST. I will be DVR'ing that! :D

Frank T. likes this.
  2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Stunned.

Crawford was robbed.

Nobody should question Rask.

Awesome series.

Darthkat76 likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  4. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    NHL Network will be replaying Game 6 tonight at 8pm (EST) for those who missed it. I will definitely be DVRing it.

5. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    So how much is NBC going to get fined for all of those F bombs?

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Flyers buy out Bryz 2 years into his 9-year, 51 million dollar deal. Lol.

However, with both this and Briere's moves, Philly has an extra 12 million each of the next two seasons to move around.

7. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    The f-bombs are the best part. When the Pens won in '09, Philippe Boucher said, "****in' right!" when he got his turn to lift the Cup. And back during the lockout the local channel was showing old Pens games, and that was one of the ones they chose. And they still didn't censor it.

Ramza Edit: Please star out the word, even in quotations.

8. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I wonder how long until Marcus censors you here. :p

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Bout time.

10. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I love Shaw [face_love]

Darthkat76 and Frank T. like this.
  11. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    It was 3am...bad time for me to be the first to spot it. lol

12. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Victory parade is on NHL Network and live streaming on NHL.com. I wish I could be there :( I am planning on going to the Penguins/Hawks game at Solider Field in March next year.

Frank T. likes this.
  13. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Go Red Wings!

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is how you celebrate.

[​IMG]

Go Rangers.

Frank T. likes this.
  15. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    See ya there!

******' right!

Darthkat76 and TahiriVeilaSolo69 like this.
  16. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I'm sorry, I thought the software would do so for me like it usually does! Oops! [face_blush]

In other news, Dan Bylsma has been picked to coach the men's U.S. hockey team in the 2014 Olympics! AND Ray Shero will be GM! (What's really cool is that our previous GM, Craig Patrick was GM and assistant coach for the 1980 Winter Olympic team -- aka the Miracle on Ice.)

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Now that the regular season is over, it is time for the annual Patrick Kane season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(from Buffett concert last night in Chi)

Always been a fan of this guy. Holds nothing back, and one of the 5-10 best players in the league to boot.

Frank T. likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Dear Leafs: Do not trade Morgan Reilly for the 5th Overall Draft Pick

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So did anybody watch the Draft and see Gary Bettman get booed out of the building?

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Dave Bolland to Toronto, good trade

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

If you go on Youtube, you can pretty much find video of him getting mercilessly heckled at every single draft. Unlike Stern and Goodell, who are just disliked for making unpopular choices, Bettman truly is a dreadful commissioner. In my book, he's still better than Bud Selig, though.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I think the only time Goodell really got booed by the fans hard was during the draft that took place during the lockout.

23. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    No way is Selig worse than Bettman... not a chance. Sure, there was the blind eye to the steroids explosion in the late 90's/early 00's, the labor strife of '94 that cancelled the postseason/World Series, the mishandling of the Expos franchise, etc, but MLB has never had to cancel a whole season, and has had relative labor peace since 1994.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    An entire generation of players has been essentially discredited, as shown through HOF voting. Can't solely place that on Selig, or Fehr, or anyone who oversaw the time, but has any American high-profile sport (not counting Track and Field, Chinese gymnastics, Italian soccer, etc.) lost so much credibility? Everyone is now questioned. And it's been under his watch.

Bettman is awful, I just personally think that the labor disputes, long term, have been less damaging than a drug epidemic.

I typically agree with you on sports views, I guess this is just a difference of opinion.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Bettman looks worse short term, with the cancelled season a few years ago, and only just narrowly avoiding a cancelled season this year. However I do agree Selig's legacy, when he goes is going to be summed up by the steroids, specially in light of this latest scandal that has A-Rod and 2011's MVP Ryan Braun caught up in it.