main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Crusader Kings II/III

Discussion in 'Community' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 3, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

Because you can never have too much familial backstabbing.

2. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Legacy of Rome is out, and the whole CK2 collection is on sale on Steam for 75% off for the next 24 hours.

SuperWatto likes this.
  3. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    Have you played Legacy of Rome? I've got a little bit of an obsession with the Eastern Roman Empire, and Paradox's info page for it looks pretty promising.

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, this thread needs to be more active. Lets make it active.

GrandAdmiralJello The Loyal Imperial Gorefiend RC-1991 instantdeath Point Given @...does anyone else talk about CKII in the Lit social thread? I forget.

Anyway. Yeah. This is where I'm going to ramble about CKII from now on. You should, too.

So... it seems that justice is blind for the Vikings, too:

[​IMG]

What a legend.

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Anyway, Ulicus -- that Welsh mod does the trick. I'm not activating the whole thing, but the new flags are certainly exactly what I was looking for.

Ulicus likes this.
  6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So, are the pagan gameplay features worth the upgrade cost, or should I hold out for a Steam sale?

7. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I think they are, yeah. This was the first time I actually caved and picked up an expansion before the sale, and I haven't regretted it at all.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Amazon actually had TOG on sale a little while ago, I think...

But yeah, worth it. That said, I mostly just played as a Zoroastrian rather than a pagan per se, but I do really like the 867 start.

edit: bwaha the norse invasions of England make it easier to play as Wales because I can HW on them... and I've allied with three Karling kings, so I should be unstoppable!

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I like the new CoA for Halfdan Whiteshirt. Very literal.

10. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Haven’t been able to play as much CK recently, though plan to get the newest Song of Ice and Fire Mod so I am sure there will be some fun moments in that one.

11. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Jerusalem: try and hold it, or hand it off to my second/third son?

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    My answer:

[​IMG]

(I have no idea why I made him Miaphysite)

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Pfft, you expect to come with a sword with only a 26 war? For shame.

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Depends a lot on your other holdings, though I usually also hand it off, as it tends to be more trouble than it is worth.

15. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Ended up finding a member of a distant branch of the dynasty without any claims and handing it off to them. Worked well enough, so far.

16. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I may very well pick up TOG once I get paid.

17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    So, considering how poor the Celtic facepack was, I'm going to be paying special attention to THIS from now on. Because... wow.

The Loyal Imperial likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I thought the Celtic facepack was awesome but.... DUUUUDE.

19. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I've been playing the Game of Thrones mod for it. Tried playing as the Starks in the War of Five Kings, Robb was castrated once, blinded the next.

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I tried to replace the eyes, noses and cheeks. I did everything exactly the same as in that Iberian portrait mod I use, and wound up with this:

[​IMG]

I have no idea where I went wrong. [face_dunno]

21. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Thanks for reminding me that I haven't had much time to play this game lately. I'll pick up the dynasty I was running and see what happens... things were actually going pretty well for me, if you ignore the fact that I had to go to war with two of my brothers. I executed one and spared the other, in hopes that I'll have secured his loyalty. I'm sure that won't come back to haunt me [face_dunno]

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ulicus -- did you change the number of portrait frames and/or properly copy the lines?

23. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I just copied "western_male_eyes_2" (and all the other bits and pieces I wanted) into a mod folder and renamed them into "celtic_male_eyes_2".

24. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Double posting (because I'm a terrible human being), but there's another beta patch available for steam users at the minute. Have to opt in.

25. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The people of this game really don't understand the meaning of gratitude.

Remember that brother I spared? I went the extra mile and gave him his own county (in retrospect that was probably really stupid, but I had hoped I had irrevocably bought his loyalty). A few years later my spymaster finds that he's scheming against me. He's not planning on killing me or anything- yet- but still, the very notion that he's even considering doing anything that's not in my best interest made me want to righteously imprison him and even-more-righteously execute him. I know asking him to not scheme is probably like asking him to amputate his arm, but seriously.

But I'm a dope and just confronted him with the plot. He wisely dropped it. Considering I've had to execute another brother, and my youngest brother stupidly died in a duel, he's my last living sibling. I'm definitely gonna have my spymaster keep an eye on him.

Ulicus and Gorefiend like this.