main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Well if they are still making new material set in the original Star Trek universe that Nero from 2009 Star Trek supposedly destroyed and now we have a this new Trek-verse thriving, and it's all doing well in keeping everything cohesive and working well with fans (from my point of view at least, this subject is pretty subjective) then I don't see why we can't have our own Star Wars multiverse. I'd settle for a new bold step considering all the sorts of things that occur in the Star Wars galaxy a multiverse wouldn't be out of the question.

I just don't want the female leads to take up too much screen time and talk about romance.

As for how a good female lead is characterized in my opinion, I'd just prefer it if they had a female lead just like Charlie Matheson(played by Tracey Spiradakos) from Revolution:

Watch the above videos for a good idea of what I'm talking about or watch Revolution lol.(Again, it's a great show,very Star Wars OT-ish) In my mind, she'd be my choice for Jaina Solo.

All you need to do is swap the cross-bows/guns/swords for lightsabers and a little less love interest and your're set. :D.

2. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    Here's something that could make me walk out..........if Boba Fett and Imperial Stormtroopers sucked as awfully at their jobs and were just as inept as in the Classic Trilogy...

MODified: We aren't fans of the "R" word being tossed around as derogatory slang.

JediKnightOB1 likes this.
  3. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hunger Games in Space and I'm out. Dark Knight in Space and I'm out. Wolverine in Space and I'll stay for a second showing.

4. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Me too

Wolverine in space?? Elaborate please.

5. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    A living, breathing, lightsaber swinging Darth Vader would be pretty hard to stomach.

A thing that would annoy me, but wouldn't be enough to make me leave, would be if someone compliments Luke on killing the Emperor, and Luke just replies "Thank you" or something similar.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Luke turning to the Dark Side.

Toonimator likes this.
  7. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Nothing would get me mad enough to walk out of a SW film. Seriously, Jar Jar....I stayed.

8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Me neither, but I'd bet you the thread is really saying, "What would you hate most?"

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I really don't know. I couldn't imagine Jar Jar before he happened. And as annoying as he was, I didn't walk out.

Maybe, maybe if it was just boring?

10. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

Not even two hours of this...?

(If you ever wondered what "Order 67" looked like...)

JediKnightOB1 and Nuka1 like this.
  11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Then it should do it in a less hyperbolic fashion, honestly, because it's making all of the people who respond with petty reasons look ridiculous.

12. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Considering the first time I see EP VII will be the midnight showing, and I will be sacrificing sleep to see it (probably on a work day), I am staying through the entire movie. And I have no doubts whatsoever, that no matter how crappy I feel when I go to work afterwords, it will have been well worth it. My biggest worry is it will be so good, that I will be sleep deprived for a good while due to multiple viewings. But it is a good worry.

kainee likes this.
  13. DarthUltious

DarthUltious Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2013
    I'm cautiously optimistic, but still terrified about the movie. Half of my soul is pointing to The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Toy Story 3, the Miyazaki movies, and other Disney successes. Half of my soul is pointing at The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones and is weeping and weeping and weeping. What would make me weep?

A lot of things. A lot. If we get something along the lines of Transformers 2 is about the gist of it, though.

14. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    Jar Jar + Gascon?

15. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    Spock.

16. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    [​IMG]
    WAC: They don't want to see your promotion, corporal.

Oh and the Concept A[​IMG]rt for TPM had them both at one point:

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    ^^ This got me mad enough to walk out of this thread.

JediKnightOB1 and Blip like this.
  18. Darth Fright

Darth Fright Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2013
    To answer the question of the thread: Probably if it's bad...:p

19. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004
    I don't know. I can't see Gascon and the Ewoks anywhere as annoying as Jar Jar. Gascon is mildy annoying in a R. Lee Ermey kind of way. While Wicket does have a handful of "slapstick" scenes in RotJ, you never see Ewoks stepping in poo, using their tongue in weird ways and having the absolutely worst and most painful dialogue in the whole Star Wars experience. (Though I'll be honest, after watching the Ewok movies for the first time in like 25 years I'm so glad you can't understand a single word in RotJ. But even then it's not close to being Jar Jar-esque).

Jar Jar is by far the worst. Even Ziro the Hutt is a distant second. Salacious Crumb definitely gets and honorable (or dishonorable) mention long before you get to Gascon, Ewoks, etc.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wanted to squash Gascon under the heel of my shoe when watching those episodes.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  21. Slash78

Jul 30, 2004

Yeah, so? He takes his self very seriously. Though no one else does or they would give him more then a squad of droids.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You were saying that he was less annoying than Jar Jar or the Ewoks and I was disagreeing with you. To me he was far more annoying.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Have you seen how many people like Salacious Crumb?

24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That guy will always have a place in my heart, because of one little clip that wasn't even in the movie, but I loved watching as a kid (and today)...

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Toonimator, as I said in the baddie thread, non-Sith being called Sith is one of my answers to the thread title, along with Dark Side Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.