main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Future releases

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When Disney gets the rights to most of the movies in 2020, will we still be seeing the Fox logo in the beginning? Also, what will become of ANH?

2. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I've wondered about that too. Don't imagine we'll be seeing the Fox logo anymore.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They won't remove the logos from the existing movies. Nobody has ever done that on any home video release of a film where the distributor has changed.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Alexrd is correct. If it were to, somehow, happen... it would be unprecedented.

5. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    But not on future releases. It'll be weird. The Fox logo and fanfare are almost part of the films and their scores.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What could happen though, is if there are any additional changes made to the movies under Disney, the Disney castle could be inserted alongside the Lucasfilm and Fox logo sequence or on the end credits.

But we still need to know how they are going to resolve the distribution rights problem. I'm not seeing Disney waiting until 2020 for them, nor am I seeing Fox giving them up easily (not to mention the ANH special case).

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Doesn't 20th Century Fox own the rights for ANH forever?

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The distribution rights, yes.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  10. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Could you imagine watching a Star Wars movie and not hearing the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning? If it ever happened, I might tear up. It is quintessential to the films. Always gets me hyped up for what is coming next.

Ord-Mantell70 and d_arblay like this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Is anyone else afraid that ANH won't ever be released (ANY version) after 2020?

12. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    I think Disney will work something out in the end with FOX. I can't believe they would dumb enought to pay 4 billion dollars for the SW name, and won't be able to release a BoxSet of SW movies altogether.

I just hope we see a release of a fully restored OOT on Bluray by Disney and I will be happy. :)

RogueZero and darklordoftech like this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    But instead we will have the Castle YAY....not really :p

14. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Yeah, the castle with either a lightsaber sound effect as the fairy dust sprinklers over, or a couple of CG TIE fighthers flying overhead!

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    In 2015 you will.

16. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    There is no need for Disney to replace the Fox fanfare with their own fanfare. It'd be pointless and would upset many fans (including myself.)

17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    As sad as it is, it's just gone. We have to accept that. I don't see how or why the Fox fanfare would be in there anymore, seeing as they're no longer distributing the films :/

18. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The fanfares do not concern me. I want good films, not fan service.

19. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    this is what makes Star Wars different from all other films, no other film in history is to tied into something like the Fox fanfare, it would be nice if it could be played lip service too or subtley inferred in the new score (tho im sure Fox would have something to say)...i worry about if they will [put credits at the beginning too! Its the little things that make a star wars film...will be odd seeing a Disney logo but am I right in thinking we will always get the Lucasfilm logo?

20. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    I posted this idea a while back. While I'd miss the Fox Fanfare, I'd like to see a Star Wars spin on the Disney opening. But instead of the Disney Castle, have the Jedi Temple. And play the Binary Sunset with it(I'd say that's SW's closest theme to When You Wish Upon a Star). During the crescendo of Binary Sunset, the Lucasfilm ltd logo appears on screen. Then get blasted with the main theme: Star Wars Episode VII

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Remember that this thread is about future releases of the PT and OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.