main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Clone Wars #11: The Smuggler's Code

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS #11 – THE SMUGGLER'S CODE
    Justin Aclin (W), Eduardo Ferrara (A), and Michael Atiyeh (I)

On sale June 26
    FC, 80 pages
    $7.99
    TP, 5 1/4” x 7 1/2”

When he encounters a criminal from his past, Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi strikes out, determined to fulfill a promise he made to himself as a young Jedi: to bring in this fugitive on his own! While on the trail, Obi-Wan earns a favor from a local smuggler, but her devotion to working for her own benefit may be more trouble for Obi-Wan than her help is actually worth!

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I wonder if that's Zonder on the cover with Obi-Wan?

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I was under the impression that the Smuggler's Code was something that Han made up on the spot to trick Jae Juun into helping him. :p

Sigh, yet another terrible reverse grip. Even Obi-Wan is not immune.

4. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I love to read these Trades their the best part of the TCW multi-media project.

pronker likes this.
  5. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I must admit, the corny art notwithstanding, I've found these stories kinda fun in an extreme-end-of-mass-market-pulp kind of way.

pronker likes this.
  6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I don't think that's a Wookiee.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    My impression is that it's a Shistavanen, and that Obi-wan is fighting him/her (hence the sliced blaster).

8. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Not so sure about that, given the background. More likely we're seeing the wacky photos from the aftermath of Obi-Wan's Tropical Island Vacation.

Grievousdude likes this.
  9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    DON'T TEASE ME WITH A NAME LIKE "THE SMUGGLER'S CODE" AND THEN HAVE IT BE ABOUT MORE GODDAMNED JEDI.

10. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    This is out this week. Anyone get it?

11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Tried but it is not offered as buyable digital version :/

12. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    If this one works out fine does antybody else want to see more from Justin Aclin with better art?

13. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    I picked it up, pretty good doesn't live up to the majesty of Lost Temple but its a fun story and I really enjoyed the art.

14. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Anyone care to summarize anything? Is there any arc of TCW Season 5 that this is closely tied to?

15. jaoblias

Sep 23, 2012
    No not really, the back of the book says the story takes place somewhere during season 4. Theres no major connections to any episodes in particular. Esentially the story goes, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Ahsoka are all on this tropically beach planet Weilu, Obi-Wan runs into a crimnal he failed to apprehend in his days before the Clone Wars and vows to take him in himself. Obi-Wan runs into this smuggler, Rook and Obi-wan has him tag along so he can use Rook's ship. Theres various double crosses and discussions about morality and the value of allies and then Obi-Wan, after coming to a realization about the value of allies captures criminal jim with Anakin and Ahsoka. ALL IN ALL morals are learned and beaches happen.

Valin__Kenobi and pronker like this.
  16. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    It was a fun read and the art style quite different from Jackson's or the beloved Fillbach Brothers, in particular the light coloring tones. Seeing Obi-Wan in what looked like clamdiggers was a plus.

17. Darth_Arapsis

May 21, 2013
    Any contiunity nuggets?

18. jaoblias

Sep 23, 2012
    Sadly no, you'dd think with the reference to Obi-Wan chasing after criminals before the Clone Wars they'dd bring up some of the Jedi Quest stuff, but no, this stories pretty much entirely stand alone.

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I hope that Dark Horse has some more of these planned. Of course if they don't loose the license.

pronker likes this.
  20. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    vong333 I hope there's more, too. The Clone Wars era doesn't feel done to me the way that the OT era does. *ducks thrown shoes*

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    No, I agree completely. And while I understand why many believe the Clone Wars has been done to death, I'm fairly certain that 95%+ of what we've seen was from the POV of the Republic. There's another entire half of the war that's been branded the so-called "villains" (despite near-vapid lip-service to the "heroes on both sides" line) who we've barely gotten to see share the limelight. At least with the Empire era we occasionally get stories about Imperials. There have been woefully few for the Seps. And for me at least, this has always made it feel as though the Clone Wars was "incomplete".

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The Clone Wars era was done in the sense that we knew how it played out until TCW came along and ruined everything.

23. Darth_Arapsis

May 21, 2013
    You would not want see a well made Unknown Regions story set in that era or something set in the Firefist galaxy?[face_devil]

24. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Darth_Arapsis Does it have Jedi/lightsabers/the Force and a lack of the Big Three? I'd consider it.:D

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been reading the Empire comics and besides seeing Biggs' defection from the Imperial Academy, it's been interesting to see the ANH era from the perspective of random Imperial officers and how they thought of the Rebels as "terrorists," among other things, and thought of the Imperial government as the best way to maintain peace.

It would be nice to see something like this from the Separatist perspective.