main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book Character Draft ReduX [Ed: That's #10 for those keeping score]

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    How many respectable beatings has Hourman given to anyone?

Thanos, Billy and Surfer?

2. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    Thanos vs Juggernaut
    Mongul II vs Beta Ray Bill - epic fight
    Nefaria vs Silver Surfer
    Quasar *forfeit* vs Cyborg Superman (prepared)

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    How in the blue hell does BRB lose to Mongul?

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, I'm not following, Kalar. May be physical, but Horsey should be just fine here. And Thanos, and Surfer.

5. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah. Mongul has no rings....just physicality. Bill is far superior to anyone that Mongul has beaten without the use of his rings. He just has so few showings without those rings, and his only sound win is over Arkillo.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Wow. Mongul gets no respect. None.

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    What has he done without those rings? He was almost killed by Wonder Woman.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Not my match, not my character. Just feel he is being majorly downplayed here

9. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Agree w/ Heels. Thanos, BRB, Surfer, Cyborg Supes

10. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Yall need to respect Mongul.

And he almost got killed by Wonder Woman... When he was fighting her, Supes and Batman if it's the same thing I'm thinking of. And was up and threw them all away and left like a panel later.

The only person I've seen beat Mongul 1 on 1 is Flash. Hal Jordan may have done it as well, if I'm recalling correctly. Haven't seen that fight but I think I read that Hal was broken in at least one place at the end of it.

Plus Mongul never used the rings well anyway.

No consideration for Nefaria either. Interesting.

11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Nefaria is completely dependent on maintaining a high level of ionic energy for his power, and he is up against one of the better energy absorbers/converters in the entire Marvel cosmic universe. Why should Nefaria get any kind of consideration in that fight?

Who has Mongul actually beaten without the rings though? I was having a hard time finding any examples of that, losing close matches to Flash and Hal aren't really inspiring, especially when facing Bill (who has arguably been more impressive than Thor for the past decade or two).

12. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Why though? I am honestly asking cause I have looked through a lot of threads and can't find a single person he beat one on one without the rings other than Arkillo.

14. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Then you've missed a long mongul history of brutality. He has feats, just not going to search for them. My team and I are still chilling on vacation recovering.

15. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    You taking the Spurs approach? Rest everybody for the playoffs

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Lol. In the Mongul fights I remember w/out rings, which are all of 3 (haven't actually read the Hal one), he was portrayed as the strongest one in the fight except for Flash was able to beat him after discovering... I think that he could transfer momentum from object to object.

In the Supes/Rayner, he was easily the strongest. Same in the fight vs Trinity. He just didn't win bc, well, he was fighting too many people. I'm not saying who I think would win, just it's not that easy.

17. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Strongest in a fight is cool, but if he can't ever seem to finish the job and actually win that says a lot in my opinion.

Mongul II or Mongul I, admittedly I was not much of a DC fan so odds are I did miss it. But for a guy who supposedly has a lot to show you can't find any mention of it, the Illuminati must be suppressing the evidence.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    It says he's fighting too many people.

Hokage_Kalar likes this.
  19. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Others fight more people and do better.

20. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Actually how many times has BRB fought more than 1 person and won?

21. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    If someone is really looking to show us Mongul then lets go. BRB is ready.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  22. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Chim, not my match, I won't... just saying hold an equal standard to BRB as Mongul.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am hoping someone steps up, just because I want to see Chim throw down, been sorely missed in this draft.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  24. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    He has taken on the Infinity Watch (consisting of Dr. Strange, Drax & Silver Surfer), granted he lost but that is more impressive than vs Superman/Wonder Woman or Rayner/Superman. He has also taken on and stalemated Surfer and Stardust. The Wrecking Crew heavily amped up by Tanaraq, though kind of a lame bunch generally they were much better than normal.

He has fought far higher end opponents as well and done exceedingly well. Ego, Galactus, Asteroth.

I just haven't seen Mongul do anything like that.

25. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    He got completely whipped by Surfer in the Godhunter encounter. And... I still haven't read there anything about a win vs a team.

And didn't the Crew (or maybe Tanaraq) trap him in some dimension or something? And didn't BRB have a team w him, Omega Flight or whatever where they had those COOOOOOOL gold unis?

And Stardust is garbage.