main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Hundred-Year Darkness and the resulting Sith Empire

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Jun 10, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We're eager to hear anything you have to say on this, Hansa.

2. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Wow. That's something I've never heard before.

I think it's definitely plausible. These are good points. I'm intrigued by the idea that the Contispex era was Sith influenced -- one could interpret the Republic, if Constipex I was indeed a Sith, as the first Galactic Empire; making Palpatine the second to rise to the office of Supreme Chancellor as a Sith.

To expand a bit on this theory, I believe the title of 'Daritha' entering the Sith language as 'Darth' could have come from Xim's regime. One of the writers for SWTOR mentioned in 2011 that the title of 'Darth' was an ancient Sith word adopted for use as a title by the Sith Empire. It couldn't have come from Adas's kingdom, which survived the Rakata, since he and his successors until Hakagram Graush used the title of King.

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    So true! I wonder when Korriban got the name Korriban. In case you didn't know, Hansa, Xim called Korriban "Pesegam".

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "Once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace"

The Sith Empires have never really been bigger or more powerful than the Republic as far as I know- so having the last Sith Ruler Of The Galaxy be Republic would be an interesting resolution to the problem.

Hansa and darklordoftech like this.
  5. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    THIS^^^^^^ It definately adds new meaning to Palpatine's comment.

Hansa likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I eventually settled that the First Sith did in-fact infiltrate the Republic via the Contispex movement, and then fell out, thus the Alsakan Conflict. It's about as fanon as fanon goes, mind you.

darklordoftech and Hansa like this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Sinrebirth, how did Pesegam become Korriban according to your theory/fanon?

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh, no real theory to it. It's canon that the Empire of Xim captures Korriban and it is named Pesegam. My point is the Sith could simply be returning to Korribam. Shrug.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    But I thought your theory says that Xim is a Sith himself.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    No, please, no need to tie everything to the damned Sith. Let the Pius Dea be their own thing.

General Immodet likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Sinrebirth?

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I kinda dislike how a random cult is more successful than the Sith Order, myself.

And yes, as Daritha, I do consider him a Sith.

13. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    Random? It was organised like all opressive dictatorships.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If Xim is a Sith, why would he use a different name for Korriban?

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I could argue that he was not running an absolute regime, and perhaps renaming Korriban was Xim's way of remaking the Sith Order under him or hiding it from the populace.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    That's interesting. Still, I wonder if Pesegam is the original name and Ajunta Pall renamed it Korriban.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Double post for ease on an IPad - but it ruled the galaxy for a millennium. It makes Darth Sidious and his three decade long regime, with millennia of effort behind him, look a little hopeless.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The existence of the Pius Dea explains why the Jedi felt they had the legitimacy to remove Palpatine from office. It's also the first known origin of what would become High Human Culture. It's not "random", it's a large part of the tapestry that's the Expanded Universe that has been recently revealed and makes perfect sense. I can understand tying things to the Grand Plan after Ruusan, but tying everything that's ever happened to the Sith does nothing but turning the galaxy into a small neighborhood.

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The EU already does that, and it sucks.

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The Pius Dea period is very interesting... I think everything leading up to the conflict (and the aftermath) is very realistic.
    In the real world, similar situations have happened and will happen again in the future.
    Did you know the Pius Dea period was linked with the Order of the Ffib?
    According to Kripke, the reference of our use of a name is determined by a chain of language users that goes back to the one person that gave firstly N the name "N".
    Every language user takes over the intentions of the previous language user and tries to use "N" to refer to N.
    ;)

21. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    When people conquer a place, they often give these places a name, sometimes changing them. That's how I believe it came to be known as Pesegam during Xim's reign. Originally Korriban, conquered by Xim -- renamed Pesegam until his downfall, then the Sith changed the place back to it's original name.

Well, until we hear someone refer to Korriban as Korriban in the Dawn of the Jedi comics... we'll not know for a while. Hope they mention that at some point, since there are Sith in the Je'daii ranks.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Ostrander has inboxed me that he hasn't thought about Korriban.

23. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Aww... hope he gives it a nod down the line. Call it fan service.

For me, Korriban is the ultimate Star Wars hell. A cold, dry yet majestic place that is pure evil, where even the planet seems to have turned morality on it's head. Always gets a grin out of me when I see it -- or even hear about it in dialogue. :D

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I couldn't agree more. I've noticed that Korriban is a Sith factory. Whoever goes there leaves as a Sith. Hansa, what do think would happen if a non-Force-sensitive went to Korriban?

Hansa likes this.
  25. Hansa

Hansa Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    The spirits are seductive and promise great things to those they deem worthy... and greedy enough, I guess. Dromund Kaas seems to work that way, too. Kyle Katarn became a dark sider after he went there (if I remember correctly), and Darth Revan and Malak became Dark Lords after being there. And of course, there were academies established on the world at least 4 times.

During the Great and Cold Wars, only Sith, the Imperial Guard and a special division of the Imperial Army were allowed on it's surface. I wonder, why was it considered such a holy ground by that Empire? Was it because it was a cemetary, or because the Sith species apparently had it's homeworld there?