main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Ben Skywalker Fan Thread!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Allana_Rey, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    I would have loved to read Ben, and Luke breaking the news to Tal,on about her death, and the three of them dealing with it together.
    I'm sure Talon would have stories to tell ben about his mother's life as a trader, and smuggler.

Abadacus likes this.
  2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

Ben is supposed to be heavily featured in the upcoming Sword of the Jedi!

3. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    if that still comes out, and if Disney allows the EU to continue, as an AU to the movie verse. It's been confirmed by Screenrant, and Hitfix, that the ST will completely ignore the EU.

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I believe you are right. Goodbye NJO, LOTF, FOTJ, SOTJ, Legacy... Am I forgetting something?
    Maybe even DE and the Zahn novels...

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    A Jedi-Sith romance... True love for sure! An explosive relationship...
    Lekauf's grandfather is one of my personal favourites... ;)

6. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    DE, and the Zahn novels are being ignored

7. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I really like the idea of Ben inheriting from Karrde. He has the perfect background for it too, I think. Using his police training and branching out into more Intel-style stuff. It could work... Oh no... *runs from the rabid plot bunny*

8. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012

Not to stray from topic...but I once did an original Star Wars fiction without any canon character..they were originals...any she was a Jedi...strangely named Jade (go figure) and she was in love with a Sith man..who betrayed her...and ultimately ended up feeling guilty so he went to rescue her. My plot bunnines were interesting back then

General Immodet likes this.
  9. Vestara_Khai_Skywalker

Vestara_Khai_Skywalker Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2013
    Why does everyone hate on Vestara? Is myself and my best friend/editor the only people in the universe who liked her character?!?!

10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I think people are more sore about the bum deal she got in the end.

11. Vestara_Khai_Skywalker

Vestara_Khai_Skywalker Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2013
    Probably. I'm mostly irritated at the sudden change in Vestara's allegiance at first, she's devoted to Ben, okay, she got some issues, but don't we all, then suddenly, she's only using the jedi so she won't get killed if anyone can understand my point of veiw.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, they didn't exactly leave her any choice. They didn't let her carry a weapon. She was defenseless against higher trained Sith

13. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    She just irritated me, even though her character was given good development and background and all. I also disliked the element of 'Well, Luke redeemed and married the Emperor's Hand, so his son should have a Sith girlfriend!' Maybe that's not what they were going for, but it's what I was left with.

It mostly comes down to me not really feeling any romance or chemistry between the two. Friendly rivals, I could maybe buy. Love partners? Nope, not there for me.

EDIT: Rereading my quote, I realise; the 'thing with Vestara' that I was referring to was when Ben smacked her across the face using the Force. That was not right - I couldn't believe that Ben would do such a thing, and it was a really bad decision to have it happen.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    What? When did that happen?

So, as a side question: if Ben were a real person and not a book character, would you get along with him?

15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I don't remember that. I remember him holding her down and wrapping her up in the matress (Which was bad too). I do remember recall HER using the Force smacking him upside the back of the head..not anything else.

16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That, I remember. It was stupid, but he thought she was writing messages to her father. But it still wasn't right to hold her down and tie her up (near-physical assault, yes?); he could've just as easily called his dad over or something. Ves wasn't even resisting until he Force-clamped her.

17. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    *Blows off thread*

Ooh. Dusty. Anyways, so with the casting news from Episode VII being now three months old, I can't believe that no one has mentioned how much Domhnall Gleeson looks like he could be playing Ben. It's wishful thinking, for sure, but I think it is highly likely that he will be playing the son of Luke Skywalker, even if his name isn't Ben. (But even then, having him be named "Ben" is pretty logical.) Anyways, check out the similarities here. Coincidence? Maybe. But I'm extremely hopeful the Gleeson is playing the son of Luke Skywalker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I have to second this.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So who is everyone's favorite version of Ben from LOTF and FOTJ? I liked Ben with Allston and for the most part with Traviss in LOTF. Need to read FOTJ again to see how he compared.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Ben in FOTJ. He's got mara's psense of humor, her honest candor, and her chronic sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsk, JediFan215 and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed, but It is a very close call whether I like him better in FOTJ or Traviss' LOTF books. There was just something about him in Traviss' LOTF books that was, to me, very relatable and enjoyable. I think she was the only one who ever really put his eidetic memory to good use (he does have one of those, right?) and she, like Allston in Exile, let him step out of Luke's shadow a bit and do his own thing.

Iron_lord and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I liked him in Traviss's books when he worked with the GAG.

23. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    FOTJ and especially Allston, I think. I really like Luke and Ben's relationship while they're in exile.

wsk, Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  24. wsk

wsk Jedi Padawan

Sep 30, 2013
    How it should have been, I'll just sit here in the corner sobbing over the lose of ben skywalker, mara and all my other eu favs.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

25. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    I just finished FOTJ Allies and throughout the series we catch glimpses of his overall potential, while he might not've been a prodigy like Anakin Solo he had some good showings. He beat a 300+ year old Kel Dor Weapons master in unarmed combat, was beating an experienced sith Saber Gavar Khai, beat Tahiri Vella, and has some good showings in the force as well. As a character I always loved his banter with Luke and his sarcasm, and he's remarkably resilient being able to have held off near starvation and protect a girl while on Ziost.

Revanfan1 and wsk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.