main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    No surprise if true, Star Wars has always been a late-Thursday release date. A tad bit later than usual, but May 29th puts Episode VII far enough away from Avengers 2 so that they won't rub into each other.

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    If they can't pull off a may 2015 date, just hold the release to may 2016. Star Wars MUST hit theaters in May!

Debbie_Skywalker likes this.
  4. Mandolorian551X

Mandolorian551X Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2013
    all you people.....you think this is a good idea? You think that George Lucas once again raping Star Wars is a GOOD IDEA?

Well, so do I.

5. gmoney8869

gmoney8869 Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2013
    Lucas has absolutely no involvement. He has recently said that he has not had a single conversation with director JJ Abrams or with the writer, and casting has already begun. This will be the first Lucas-free SW film. Thank Disney and thank the Force!

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know, right? Those GL-influenced Star Wars films are the worst...

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    May would make sense, then Disney can have the summer to release its other big movies in Pirates 5 and Avengers 2 without all fo them taking money from each other.
    I'm sure Disney wants Star Wars to do well, in that case it needs to be released at a time when it won't have serious blockbuster competition from its other movies given it's likely Avengers could do as well as the first one.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "He thinks it's elegant..."

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

Yeah, remember the good old days before Lucas got involved with Star Wars? The movies were never the same after he came on board.

11. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    If JJ Abrams is a massive Downton fan then god help us all :p I'm not saying it's dreadful, but seriously...

Good cast though.

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I wonder if the upcoming news and bits of information will start separating the first spin-off news/leaks from the Ep7 ones. The spin-off should also start getting into preproduction soon, if they plan a 2016 release.
    We kind of assume by default that all info relates to Ep7, but it could easily be about the spin off.

13. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually it would be nice to start hearing some news specifically related tothe spinoffs, especially what character(s) they are considering to start off with. There is a lot of speculation/guessing on the characters the SW community wants to see but nothing from Disney. As The Hellhammer has stated, if there is to be a 2016 release of a spinoff one would think we would start hearing some news!
    Even the blogs are quite because of the lack of any information concerning the spinoffs, which is unusual as there is another gold mine for countless rumors to occupy.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm definitely interested in finding out which director they choose for the first spin-off. We have the writers on board and filming will probably take place late next year/early 2015 so I think they would have to start searching soon if they haven't already. We've haven't heard any rumors though as far as I know. Although, maybe some of those director rumors for EP7 were actually being considered for a spin-off. It'd be crazy if Matthew Vaughn is announced.

15. Debbie_Skywalker

Debbie_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2013
    Honestly, I don't really care much about the spinoffs right now. Just gimme Episode VII first!!! lol

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
  17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

I'd thought about this too. It's not like we've gotten a ton of info about Ep 7 either, but there's been almost nothing confirmed about the spin-offs... just that they will exist and who will write some of them. Everything else is rampant speculation.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Drew McWeeny's comment about there being voices that we're not even aware of yet involved in the writing process makes me wonder if these directors have already been hired. Like if it's this Boba Fett film that has been speculated then I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Joe Johnston is already on board. It just makes me wonder how much they're telling us and how much they're keeping secret right now.

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    A lot of secrets I'm sure... on both Ep 7 and the spin-offs. [face_shhh]

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I agree. I'm sure what they have released so far barely scratches the surface of what is currently in motion. We probably won't get any real information for quite some time yet.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I need to get hired at Lucasfilm. Maybe they need a janitor. :p

eht13 and darklordoftech like this.
  22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

Don't forget us when you get in. You'll be our man on the inside.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'll be sure to get the duty of taking out J.J.'s trash everyday.

eht13 likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Don't forget us little guys when you are scrubbing toilets.

If we are the little guys in context of someone scrubbing toilets, I may not have much serious interest in being involved, actually...

Darth Chiznuk and eht13 like this.
  25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    [​IMG]

New image making the rounds on FB - Notice the Saber... undoubtedly fan made but still nice.