main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013

Because we can make money off of thetm ;)

http://legal-malpractice.lawyers.com/Suing-Your-Lawyer.html

07jonesj likes this.
  2. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Yay, Star Wars Happy Hippos :D !

3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Glad you like them.
    They were originally released in 2002, shortly after AOTC hit the big screen.

[​IMG]

07jonesj likes this.
  4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Those names! They're Hippolarious!

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Jango Jet seems a bit out of place there.

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Unlike the trip I made with my family five years ago, this one is more relaxed, as the purpose of it is really to visit an ailing relative (he's seemingly doing better btw). We already did much of the sightseeing that other time, but there certainly are more opportunities to visit other tourist hotspots I plan to take advantage of. I might decide to post a few scenic photos when I get back, we'll see.

Not to mention the weather is oppressively hot and humid (humidity is in the 80s percentage-wise), so it's not so awesome if you spend a lot of time outdoors this time of year. Spent much of the time so far indoors visiting relatives, sampling food, and shopping at malls.

I'm staying at my uncle's apartment in an affluent neighborhood in HK, and I only just watched the SE version of the original trilogy on DVD (can you believe I still only own the original VHS belonging to my dad as well as the PT DVDs?). Interesting to see the changes Lucas made to the originals in the context of watching the entire film(s). Greedo shoots first? Jabba sure looks weird in ANH... And Boba Fett cameo. Etc., etc...

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hey ya'alll....

Random Tikkes post here...

I would die if there is a hardcore fan, hardcore enough to go ahead an mod this game with the model of Tikkes. It is just waiting for that.

PS: Or the least use Derrown for a SW mod. LOL
    Who is with me?!

[​IMG]

Ani501st and 07jonesj like this.
  9. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    So I never knew this but Dave Filoni directed 8 out of the 20 misdoes of Avatar the Last Air Bender's first season...

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Dave Filoni also worked on King of the Hill, Mission Hill, and the Oblongs.

11. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    He worked on Mission Hill? I appreciate him even more now.
    Everyone who hasn't seen it, it's a very cool animates series from two Simpsons writers that was canceled after only 15 episodes because WB kept switching around its schedule because back then it was one of the few "adult" cartoons around and they had no clue how to treat it.

Hilarious, loveably constructed characters and a wonderfully unique visual style.

Here's the first episode:

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    New PM, or should I say old? lewl.
    **** Australian politics with a rusty dagger.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Sounds like US politics.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    So saw Man of Steel. I was kinda disappointed by it to be honest. It was kind either to slow or to explode...

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was planning to see that this week but a lot has come up; it will probably be on DVD before I have the chance to see it.

I've seen mixed reviews, and I grew up on Christopher Reeve's Superman, so...we'll see.

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I mostly avoid superhero/comic book movies, as the vast majority are horrendous.

I saw Dark Knight Rises for the first time a few nights ago and it was just terrible. Just terrible. Like, everything about it. It had basically zero redeeming qualities, except for maybe the ending. The movie is a total disaster of awfulness that gets nothing right, that does nothing well. Nolan's movies are horribly overrated and I'm glad they're over.

Also watched Pandorum, and was going to turn it off after about twenty minutes, but by the end I guess I was glad I stuck with it. Decent movie.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  17. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I liked Man of Steel, it was neat. They could have, however, used some editing tips.

aldrestjedimaster likes this.
  18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is what most people I know said about it. I think I'm going to wait till it's available for rent before watching it.

Same thing with Into Darkness, I probably wouldn't have seen that one in theaters if I hadn't been given free tickets.

Pretty much this. They all pretty much end the same way anyways..

19. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I enjoyed Man of Steel. It was a fun movie.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

I remember going to see this movie expecting great things. Instead it was a lot of ???-moments:

Batman: I've sat on my ass doing nothing for 8 years.
    Commissioner Gordon: Send every single cop in the city to a single, underground location we have no intel on!
    Obviously-Robin: Somehow I magically know who Batman is and am magically always in the right place at the right time.
    Talia: I don't really have a role until the second half of the film. When instantly I'm the love interest and Qui-Gon's little girl.
    Scarecrow: After all these years, I still look like a teenage girl. With hipster lenses.
    Bane: I'm not really sure why I'm in this movie. I guess I really just don't like Wallstreet?

eht13, JackG and CT-867-5309 like this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The thing that soured me the most about The Dark Knight Rises was the court scene, completely and utterly unnecessary. If Gotham is going to be blown to bits, then what is the necessity of having court trials? I enjoy Cilian Murphy's performance as much as the next guy/gal, but as a writer I was appalled by that sequence.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked TDKR better than TDK, mostly because TDK seemed like a movie full of nothing but Joker antics. Yeah, we get it, he wants to watch the world burn. Next.

I liked Bane better as a villain, especially with his connection to the Liam Neeson character, and I thought the ending was good. Liam Neeson, and Bruce Wayne being afraid of bats, made Batman Begins for me.

Batman sitting on his ass for eight years and indulging in whiny self-loathing was a major WTF?, and Christian Bale's Batman voice got on my nerves, but overall I prefer Nolan Batman to Burton Batman.

23. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I loved The Dark Knight Rises. However I did not like TDK except its last thirty minutes, the overall story was boring in my opinion.
    I definitely prefer Burton's Batman because I prefer his vision of Batman and I prefer Michael Keaton as Batman than Christian Bale as Batman.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I haven't seen Man of Steel yet either, but given all of the really mixed and or downright negative reviews (not just from critics, but from friends and family too) I'm just going to save money and rent it on DVD. I know I want to see it enough to rent it, but that's all. My son wanted to see it in the theater, but I told him we should just wait. Oh well. :p

Yeah, I'm with most of you (except anakinfansince1983 apparently, haha)... I thought TDKR was awful. Just pointless. Batman Begins was good, TDK was better, and then TDKR was just pointless. In TDK, the Joker (and Heath Ledger) was just too good not to enjoy watching... he's just creepy and evil, and the really scary thing is that some of the stuff he says actually makes sense. In that sense, though, the movie had a problem; he stole the movie from Batman. And he really wins at the end. At any rate... Bane was just a random replacement villian, even with the ties to Talia, etc.

Regarding other superhero movies... I guess it's a mixed bag for me. I never read the comics, so all the background I have on these characters has come from the movies themselves or the TV shows I watched growing up. I enjoyed the Spider-Man movies well enough... probably the first two Tobey Maguire ones the most (more than his third or the newer Amazing Spider-Man). I never saw any of the X-Men movies, or Fantastic Four, or Green Lantern, etc. etc. I really liked The Avengers and all three Iron Man movies... the standalone Captain America and Thor movies were kind of boring, though, IMO.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw the Burton Batman films when they came out so there's always what the passage of time does to perception. Keaton was OK but I prefer Bale, voice aside (and Abed on Community does a hilarious outtake on that). I definitely like Anne Hathaway's Catwoman better than Michelle Pfeiffer, whom I've never liked as an actress. Both Jokers had the benefit of outstanding actors.

I liked that the Nolan films gave us Batman's origins starting with Bruce Wayne as a child; I don't remember as much of that from the Burton films.

Spider-Man: I liked The Amazing Spider-Man better than the Toby Macguire films, and I liked the Toby Macguire films, I own the first two of them.

eht13 : I haven't seen a lot of the comic book movies in the past 10-15 years (20 years?) either. I saw The Hulk, wasn't impressed. I haven't seen any of X-Men movies, the Iron Man movies, Green Lantern; I haven't even seen The Avengers yet although that one has been on my list for awhile.

It's funny that we're having this conversation here and not 10 minutes ago my 8-year-old asked me for both The Hulk and Iron Man's origins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.