main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I think Coruscant and Naboo should be shown briefly if only to link all 9 films together, I want to know what Coruscants role has been in the story....im also wondering aboutthe news reports about a scottish location, i wonder what that planet will be

2. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    Oh, yeah! *facepalm*
    Tosche Station is a city?

3. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    Tosche Station is in Anchorhead.

For me, definitely Tatooine, Coruscant (I'd be surprised if we didn't see it), and Dagobah. Planets established in the SW universe but never seen on film would be ideal to see in the new movies, like Nar Shadda, Corellia, etc. I'm pretty sure we'll see more of Yavin IV in one or all of the the ST, as it should be where Luke has his Jedi academy.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What does this mean for our old buddy Exar?

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I really would love to see new planets or ones mentioned in passing but never seen. Expand the universe. It's a big universe. Show new planets and ones never seen.

But, it really has to serve the story.

If you have a story point of Han leaving the republic behind after being cajoled into joining corellian forces into intercepting some new enemy, you could feature corellia.

I really don't like the idea of domesticated Han but how can you just reverse the path he was on at the end of ROTJ? Maybe if you combined it with one of his kids sneaking on board the Falcon to help her dad out when he leaves for corellia, it could be.......interesting.............or not?

6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The Forbidden Planet.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Danger! Danger!

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  8. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004

This has never made sense to me. Yavin is a horrible place. Other then some buildings it has zero infrastructure. It's remote, making it both difficult to resupply and defend. All supplies must come from off-world. All workers must come from off world. On top of that it's an Ancient Sith planet. Even more of a reason to AVOID it.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    in the EU

10. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    It ALWAYS made sense to me... Luke wanted a location that was remote & isolated & wild for his Jedi students, something akin to Dagobah--but not just bulldozing Yoda's hut to build a new temple. Yavin had the ancient ruins, had the benefit of at least ONE pyramid already retrofit for 'modern' habitation thanks to the old Rebel base, and it was still largely untamed & remote. He didn't know about the ancient Sith history there until later--but, aside from Exar's actual spirit, that gave it something of a "Dagobah cave" vibe.

I don't think Luke will have an 'academy' like the EU's version, with him having trained a dozen students at once in the first class, but the location would be a nice EU element to keep, and be a nice nod to showcase how the Jedi aren't beholden to the Senate anymore (however the government stuff breaks down) by having their base be on Coruscant within spitting distance of the Senate building.

No Tatooine. No. Five movies is enough. It's a backwater ball of dust. Leave it be. Thousands of other worlds with two suns for a nice nostalgic sunset shot in the ST. Thousands of other out-of-the-way backwater worlds to visit. Thousands of other wretched hives of scum & villainy (given Obi-Wan's exaggerations & 'certain point of view' stuff, there's no reason to believe Mos Eisley was THE most scummy & villainous place in the galaxy, either, especially when the movie itself didn't show us much to warrant such a description anyway)

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    poor Greedo would disagree

12. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Greedo's a bounty hunter--they can be found anywhere. Doc Evazan and Ponda Baba are drunks/thugs, not terribly uncommon in bars. No, we saw zip to warrant the "most wretched hive of scum & villainy" description. Hell, Jabba's Palace was a more wretched hive of scum & villainy, so right there Mos Eisley's out of the top spot.

13. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Corellia. I must see Corellia. Korriban would be cool to.

14. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    Just one scene on Tatooine and that involves Boba Fett...... Want to see the planets named in the films that we have not seen yet, Kessel, Malastere, Sullust etc...

15. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Why a scene on Tatooine involving Boba Fett? Does it take him 35 years to crawl outta the sarlacc? But yes to Malastare, Sullust (not so much Kessel... the Jedi Academy Trilogy made me sick of Kessel in less than 12 parsecs)

16. Darth Fright

Darth Fright Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2013
    Coruscant, Corellia and Korriban would be cool to see.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    I'd like to see the planet Staarbuks, home of Barriss Koffee, and the planet Jonsun n' Jonsun, home of Yarael Poof (AKA Q tip head). I'm thinking Disney is going to have some sort of product placement in these movies, including its own trademarks, So they might include the planet Do'nald, which is where the "sitting ducks" live in the SW universe.

18. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
  19. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    ok nitty gritty time.....what (if any sets/interiors/exteriors) do you want to see in the ST....so you want to see Coruscant...what part?...i think these selections will really give insights into the stories we want....here is mine

1.Falcon interior - (cockpit and chessboard)
    2.Coruscant - (senate, how much will it have changed since the PT?)
    3.Naboo palace -(my favourite 0interior of the saga) - tho hated the ultra green of the battlefield
    4.Kamino - (clone factory)
    5.Bespin - (Banaquet room - one of my fave saga scenes)
    6.Yavin - (Ceremonial hall)
    7.Tatooine - (Saarlac/MosEisley Cantina)

20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    We'll certainly see the Falcon and there's a good chance for Coruscant.

The others, not so likely. In fact, I hope we don't see them again and move on to new places. Especially Tatooine. Sick of it for life.

Sith_Knight087 and El_Machete12 like this.
  21. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    agree to disagree.... my fave place but they prob would not want another Tunisian weather disaster

Episode Swag likes this.
  22. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    Jabba's palace. It would be interesting to see what's become of it in the intervening years.

23. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    There will be continuity and discontinuity with the sets.

Continuity for the existing characters we know about. Discontinuity for all the new characters and how the new story develops.

One of the great things about SW is its expansive vision such as the number of different planets.

I hope to see more discontinuity than continuity regarding sets. But things like the Falcon are pretty much a given as are places like Coruscant (senate).

24. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    The only one of the settings that the OP mentioned that I want to see return is the Falcon. Let the planet settings be entirely new. If we keep revisiting those old worlds then then these movies will start to look too similar to the old ones and we need them to be fresh and distinct. Not nostalgia trips!

El_Machete12, Dranem and Carbon1985 like this.
  25. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    its been about new places and nostalgia since 1977