main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Buffalo Bisons Star Wars Night - June 22, 2013

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Can't believe the buzz that is still lingering from the event!

quigonschuel and 72Princess like this.
  2. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I miss you guys already.... but i do need a break from it all. Heidi and I have a list of things to get done on the house and I need to spend some time with my kids while I can still remember their names... :D

To quote a line from the movie, Hook.... "That was a great game!"

3. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    I know what you mean! My nephews are in town, Naomi leaves for Europe on July 2nd, and I'd like to hang out with them before they all leave.

4. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    One of the doctors I work with was at the game. She did not know I did this (not sure how this happened). This was her first Star Wars Bisons game and had a wonderful time! The lines at the four pack food counter were manageable, she said the crowd control was fantastic!! They are already planning on attending next year!!!!

5. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    up and into this afternoon i still feel exhausted from the show but now im getting my bearing back and getting back to "normal" life hehe.

also, i saw a picture of the rubys boba fett at the game and my brother in law said there was a girl there dressed up as a wookie, and he knew it was a girl because she took her head off. its news to me! i didnt see these people there!

everything about that day was amazing and i am beyond happy to be able to take part!

now to make modifications to Revan, snow-mandos discussion is underway! (i made a new thread for it, go look!), and well find a job ( cause i guess thats important >.<)

a most excellent thank you to all of you and to everyone the biggest congratulations on a spectacular job done!

Wild Sidewalker and quigonschuel like this.
  6. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm starting to feel a bit better, but the combination of the heat and being on my feet for so long started to do me in.

I apologize if I missed thanking anyone before they left for home, or after the show... I was a bit out of it.

quigonschuel likes this.
  7. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Hi Guys. Man it's been years since I've been on the force.net boards. Anyway...I wanted to send out a big thank you to everyone who welcomed me and was so nice to me. You were all great. Thanks for letting me take part in this event. You guys really have it organized and are making things happen. I wish you the best and many more great events like Star Wars night at the Bisons...GO BISONS!!

LadySith22, JediXXL and 72Princess like this.
  8. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    It is all starting to hit me and sink in today. I'm starting to reflet back and realize all the good things I was a part of as well as the magnitude of everything I was a part of this past weekend. I helped Roswell raise over $3.8 mil for cancer research, I got to help you guys with raising close to $10 Thousand for American Heart Assoc, and I got the opportunity to mend fences with old friends as well as strengthen bonds with new friends.

I want to send a huge thank you out to Mom and Dan R for putting me up for the weekend
    I want to thank all of you for helping reignite some of my creativity, the projects I worked on really pushed my creative limits beyond what I thought I could accomplish

The adrenaline is wearing off and I am ready to drop over. I am truly thankful for all my family here. As tired as I am if I was asked to do everything again, I wouldn't change a thing and I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm proud of all of you for all you have done, take a bow, you deserve it.

Dave

9. Da'Rang Falco

Da'Rang Falco Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2012
    I want to thank ALL of you for letting me partake in the amazing event that you have all put together over the last few years. It has revitalized me in ways that I ABSOLUTELY needed after the year I've had this past year. I won't get into specifics, but I will say that I was contemplating quitting costuming (especially Star Wars costuming) altogether just before this weekend. Heck, I wasn't even going to come for the weekend and Ian and my wife pushed me to go and re-evaluate how I felt afterward. I feel COMPLETELY different now. I want to thank all of you for helping an "old" leader who's lost his way find his way back into the fold again. I can't wait till next year and I'm already looking at an Ultrasabers lightsaber and am talking to Ian to try and come up with a routine we can do so that I can partake in the full fledged lightsaber battle (if there is one next year. There will be one - right!!?? {wink, wink}). Would love to help you guys out in any way I can in the future and we would love to see you guys out here for any of the Binghamton events anytime in the near future. Thank you again and I hope to see you all soon.

The Force will be with you..... always....

10. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    So now that the trilogy is over.....when does the complete trilogy come out on DVD???!!!

Wild Sidewalker and quigonschuel like this.
  11. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
  12. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Thank you Kyle!

13. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Thanks Kyle, I'm glad you got your camera back!

14. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Great pictures--Looks like it was another great Bison's night. Sorry to have missed it but we had a wonderful time in London!

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  15. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Welcome back, we missed you!

16. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Missed you guys too!
    Just heard from someone from Tift Nature preserve that it was a great night.
    Are the videos available for viewing anywhere?

17. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I really like the idea of taking the video clips and video of the live show and putting them on a DVD along with outtakes and still shots. I like it so much I would make it myself if I had the files.

LadySith22 likes this.
  18. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I believe there may be video shown at the meeting this weekend, but nothing I have seen yet...

19. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I know vids from SWN 2012 were shown last year and I imagine SWN 2013 vids will be shown this year.

I am offering to help in transferring any video media we have from this year and prior years to DVD perhaps with copies free to members or with a very minimum charge to cover costs of production.

Such a DVD could be available to play on a portable TV/DVD at our table at events as well as for use when discussing event development with interested parties such as with Darien Lake

20. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Digital entertainment will be provided for the meeting.
    Copies of the previous years' activities have been made available to the club at low cost, with little or no interest generated.
    BilI, I have extras if you want any of them.

21. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I'd be game for DVDs of all of them. I have the first one you did that I think was the first dueling show we did.

22. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Yup! Thank you!

23. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I'm interested as well- the only one I have is from 2010

24. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    Me too!

25. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    I still have coworkers coming up to me and asking, "was that you on the field at the Bisons Star Wars night?"

quigonschuel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.