main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Vol 2. #4: Prisoner of the Floating World, part 4 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
  2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Micro-starfighters. Amazing.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Art is top notch as usual. I am still holding out hope that the Triumvirate is alerted to these events and sends a fleet, under command of Stazi, but the story continues to be solid. It needs something a bit more epic to kick thinks off.

RE: Carreras capital ship, that vessel appears to be pretty large. This system has something on the scale, as best I can tell, of at least a Dreadnaught or Assault Frigate. Fleet Junkies, HO!

--Adm. Nick

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm intrigued. Bring it on!

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Really like the art, of course, and looks like the Sith's plan is about to go into effect.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Triumvirate, especially someone other than Marasiah (no offense, just a bit of variety) but at the same time I quite like the main cast of four we've ended up with.

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    This came out today. As I am traveling today, I will npot have a chance to got to my LCS to pick it up, so whoever posts some spoilers pertaining to that coor capital ship or any appearance by the Triumvirate, I will award them an honorary naval rank of captain. :D

--Adm. Nick

7. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    It isn't up on DH's digital store yet....
    Hopefully it is soon, otherwise I'll have to wait until Friday to get it, and chances are they'll be sold out. :(

8. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    My LCS better have my copy ready when I get off work or that store will be like a Jawa sandcrawler invaded by storm troopers!!

9. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    Any non-spoiler thoughts? :D

10. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    [​IMG] Does this count Nick?? Hehehe it features the "Triumvirate"!!! :D

11. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Odd this wasn't on DH's site, I've been checking the app and the site, but haven't seen it there. Finally got around to going to my local comic shop instead, and another good issue. Things are approaching the climax and moving along, and the art is still great of course.

Perhaps most interestingly, while talking to a captive Jao, the Sith mentions the One Sith infiltrating remote systems but seems he's from the "one master, one apprentice" tradition, and the governor finally has had enough and overhears this (by holo) so she frees Jao and the rest. Sadly AG-37 gets cut in half while they're fighting the Sith who takes off, and looks like that planet is going to smash into the communication array soon.

Nice to hear a mention of the One Sith again, after the last time we saw Nihl at the end of War. Hm, I can't help but wonder if the Carreras system would be one of those quiet places the One Sith would infiltrate.

Still not entirely sure what direction things are going, but I get the feeling this is probably only the start of a much larger story.

spicer and A Tool like this.
  12. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Will we ever know the apprentice name some day :confused:? I don't have the issue but it seems it isn't mentionned.

So, a schism occured in the One Sith? Some who re-embraced the Rule of Two such as the apprentice? That would explain the later synopsis of Legacy 6.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Should be getting my issue this evening

14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Nothing on the Triumvirate? Drat. This story needs to start feeling "bigger".

--Adm. Nick

15. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    That communication probe that quietly escaped will be the catalyst that makes the story bigger. If it makes it way to Coruscant with the info contained, you know Draco will get in gear, and by extension the Empress.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Got it

*liked the mini-fighters, also seen in the preview
    *Sauk is definitely a Mon Cal Threepio :p
    *good conversation between Jao and the Sith
    *YES! for the governor finally standing up, hope she doesn't die
    * @AdmiralNick22, there is more detail about the Triumvirate. The Sith asks Jao what use is an Imperial Knight without an Empire... it seems like both governments are now completely absorbed into the Triumvirate
    *the Sith guy is still an enigma, even more after that conversation
    *but it does seem like he wants to bring back the Rule of Two
    *I really like this Governor! Finally, a politician who isn't out for power, who doesn't want to ally with the Sith and isn't even tempted by them for a second, who wants rule of law, and who likes the Imps/Jedi!
    *I hope AG-37 can be repaired... at least it's only his bottom half
    *Just got echoes of Anakin Skywalker in Episode 2 (when confronting Dooku) in Ania... "no, I'm taking him now"
    *Jao is in really bad shape at the end... and it looks like he's being dragged into space to???

spicer likes this.
  17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Interesting. Without seeing the exact quote, it does seem to imply that the new Galactic Federation is more than just an assembly of the former governments. I really hope that we learn more about this is upcoming issues.

--Adm. Nick

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  18. A Tool

Sep 2, 2012
    Finally is up on the digital store! :D

19. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    This was a great issue, and it looks like DH finally has cool panel transitions that Marvel does on the digital format.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Love the use of 'Sith Lord'' by AG-37 - the sensation that a Sith *is* something to fear. A rule of two Sith on top of that.

Like.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I love how they tie this in to Nihl's plan.

22. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    Wait, what time frame does this new Legacy series take place in?

23. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Another great issue! Not as carefully drawn as last issue, imo, but the story keeps getting better & the cliffhanger is excruciating! Lots of classic SW situations as well: a group of young adventurers running around corridors, temptation of the Sith, rash/youthful protagonist, Jedi/Sith saber duel! I'm still loving the "inking", it gives this book a completely unique look; and the panel-to-panel layout continues to evoke classic newspaper strip storytelling. Can't wait to see what happens next! Anyone else wish this was a bi-weekly title?!?

cthugha likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ^^Basically what Eternal Hero said. This felt very well-paced and evocative of the pulp SW was based on. Very nice. :D
    I've looked at that quote, and it seems more like a hypothetical question. The Sith guy says "You know [the Triumvirate] will fall. And when it does, what will become of your Empress? What use is an Imperial Knight without an Empire or with one for that matter?"

The Sith is implying that if the Triumvirate fails, so will the Empire, and then Jao will have no one to serve or protect.

Also lol at Randey's comments in the endnotes. And Nick, here's a quote you'll like from Hardman on why he made included a Mon Cal in the story: "Sauk's engineering skills in particular will become vital as the series progresses. But truth be told, I've always had a soft spot for the Mon Cals. Admiral Ackbar is one of my favorite characters from the Original Trilogy. Their design is great and I saw a lot of opportunities to draw them in an expressive way. You can't beat big eyes for making a fish look soulful!"

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  25. new2SW

new2SW Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2013
    Spoiler (possible)
    i think ania is gonna travel to the planet, find master val and hes gonna teach her how to use the force and a lightsaber. After a couple of arcs, vals gonna get killed and ania's gonna go into rage (with 1 or 2 issues showing the negative effects of giving into the "dark side" with ania finally killing the sith lord (assuming rule of two is brought back). i like how they show the dead IK (forgot his name) drops his lightsaber and you see it in the last panels. prob gonan become anias lightsaber (or first one) until she meets val and he gives her a new one of her own