main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Come with me if you want to live: The Terminator Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth_Ignant, Jan 6, 2006.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think this is Arnold trying to bandage the gaping wound of how he'll be remembered.

2. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    I generally don't like the idea of rebooting a franchise in the middle of a trilogy,
    in order for them to begin a new trilogy. It makes it seem like they don't know what
    they're doing. But so long as I get to be the T-1000...[​IMG] I can excuse the sloppiness of this whole idea.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I hope they follow the reboot naming trend set by TDK and MoS and they name the new movie Model 101 Series 800, Combat Chassis or Organic Tissue On Metal Endoskeleton.

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, hopefully this time they'll stick to the closed causal loops of T1. I don't want any more "changing the past" nonsense. *spits*

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Not sure how I feel like this. I liked the future war theme of the last one but erm....where exactly did you get fresh batteries for all the fancy doodads on your rifle, John, after a damn nuclear war? :p Never imagined the resistance actually openly controlling territory, either.. just the logic problems with humans using leftover military equipment fighting in a conventional manner against a robot intelligence that has zero problems with nuking the heck out of things makes my brain hurt...the only way I found to rationalize it was by thinking Judgement Day was not all that bad, which kinda goes against every other film in the series :p

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Would Arnie be in this new trilogy? He's rather old now and since reboots discard what went before it would make more sense to have a new actor as the Terminator.

Well it is a book, so another version is possible given there are numerous film versions of the same book around.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62864

Yes.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I wonder then if they will go down the Star Trek route and use Time Travel to create a new reality in which Terminator from the first lots of movies can exist but where events play out differently. That would make the most sense if Arnie is in it, otherwise everyone will just view it as Terminator 5 following on from Salvation which obviously it isn't supposed to be.

Given Arnie is now 65, maybe the T-800 will be destroyed for good in the first movie? He could make way for a new guy to go on in his place, it's not going to be very convincing to see a 70 year old man in a big sci-fi action movie especially if he's supposed to be playing a robot that can't age.

10. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Isn't that what Sarah Connor Chronicles did more or less? I loved that show, so I'll try and keep an open mind about the reboot.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah that show wasn't bad, but I always thought it was designed to be set between T2 & T3 without being some separate thing.
    Either way it could get away with being separate since there was no actor in it from the movies, this new film trilogy will still have Arnie as a Terminator.

12. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Well T3 states that Sarah dies of Cancer in 1997, but SCC picks up in 1999. Then Sarah, John, and Cameron time skip to 2010, so Judgement Day can't by 2004 like it was in T3.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    What they should do it have Arnie as the oldtimey geezer advising his young other-universe counterpart, a la Old Spock/New Spock Abrams-Trek.

AND the upcoming Robocop should do the same thing with Peter Weller and whoever the new Roboguy is.

THEN in 2017 we get like, a Terminator vs Robocop, but oh no, not just ONE Terminator vs Robocop! Now there are TWO of them!

And they should hire Michael Bay just to make like, explosions and stuff. But he's trapped in a pen with an electric fence and can't get near the director's chair.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    and just when it looks like robocop is going to lose hugh jackman steps in to control the robocop with his elite fighting skills.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Golden Robocop vs. Combat Chassis.

16. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    POLYMIMETIC ALLOY

17. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I know now why you cry

BigAl6ft6 and Merlin_Ambrosius69 like this.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    This is also a summer 2015 movie. The nerd singularity.

19. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I guess I am the only one that like the Terminator: Salvation film.....

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It had some good, individual scenes -- but the movie was crap.

SuperWatto and JangoMike like this.
  21. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003

I can understand that. I guess, i went into see the movie with really LOW expectations so considering I was pretty happy with it, that means it exceeded my expectation and i left feeling good about it.

22. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Salvation is decent but there's very little in it to inspire a sequel, IMO. It serves as a passable end-piece/"prequel" to the Terminator Trilogy, the end.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Well I'd rather watch the Terminator reboot in 2015 (and/or Guardians of the Galaxy) than the Fifty Shades of Twilight fanfic that's also been given a 2015 release.

24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    FIxed [face_peace]

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can think of at least a couple of trilogies that will cause me to implode if they get rebooted.

I wasn't especially attached to the original Terminator, but this still seems like a really, really bad idea.

It's not like we need reboots to introduce the current generation to films that a lot of us grew up on. It's called releasing the original film on Blu-Ray.