main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's the third time in this thread. Do we need to start deleting your follow-up posts? ;)

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Are you completely ignoring the constant warnings to stop double posting or is there an alternative answer for your utter lack of respect for the Mods asking you to cease this? Your answer to this question determines whether or not you will be able to log in for a few days. Answer well.

3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    ive honestly no idea how or what im double posting can you explain what you mean by double posting?

4. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    when the other mod said use the edit button i corrected a spelling mistake as i thought thats what he was talking about

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing the temples on Yavin again. They were always so mysterious to me, and I would love to see more of them. I know the EU gave a lot of background on them, but I haven't read much of it.

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Just in case anyone else is confused by this... as I said earlier:
    please use the edit function instead of making multiple back to back posts
    [face_peace]

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The edit button is now the ultimate power in the universe! I suggest we use it! :)

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Pro Scoundrel and eht13 like this.
  10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The Millennium Falcon interior - There's just no getting around it. Though it was a piece of junk in the OT. So I wonder how it compares 30 years later. Are they keeping up repairs or is it in a museum on Coruscant?

Something on Tatooine though like the Lars Homestead or Obi-Wan's place. Not sure how long Toydarians live but maybe we can see the junk shop in Mos Espa? Maybe someone can enter the Mos Eisley Cantina and kill Garindan for being a dick?

Perhaps the bridge of a Star Destroyer.

At the end of ROTJ SE we could see the Senate Rotunda and Jedi Temple still standing. I figure we'll see inside them at least once more.

If Ryoo and Pooja are still alive, maybe they're still hanging around Naboo. So the Palace would be great to see. Though that takes us close to Gungan territory...

11. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm all for moving things forward and getting new and fresh locations. This doesn't mean we can't have little nods, you know.

I can see the Mos Eisley Cantina making an appearance, why the hell not?

I'm sure all of you fellow nerds would be psyched to see familiar places. With all due respect, I don't believe for a second all those posts about being sick of Tatooine, and wanting ALL new locations, not looking back at all. We are discussing in a Star Wars message board! Of course we would be psyched to see a Star Destroyer and a few X wings! Of course we all want a little Tatooine! and OF COURSE we want some falcon and all that interior design. it would be funny to see those smuggling compartments beneath the main hallway for some reason, who knows!

We can have some familiar locations and sets without it being a rehash, it could be done in a smart way.

Episode Swag likes this.
  12. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    I'd love an opening montage showing a whole ton of familiar environments we've seen, how Bespin has been abandoned, how the chamber in Coruscant is trashed and populated by squatters, Jabba's palace all but covered in a sand storm. All shows ruin and decay that has come upon the Galaxy and how fractured things are in terms of infrastructure.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Let's go back to the asteroid cave and see how fat the old space slug has gotten!

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Aside from the fire damage, the Lars homestead looked surprisingly intact when Luke last stumbled on to it. Pay a couple of Jawas to clear out the charnel residue and we're all set!

15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'm hoping for and expecting what seems to be the usual: the Falcon (I do not want to see its interiors get some kind of "modern, sleek" look), the Galactic Senate, an updated version of Star Destroyers, and so forth. However, while I certainly expect it to appear, I genuinely don't want to see Tatooine again. I think popular consciousness has given it far more importance to the Saga then it really has.

16. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Holy crap you're right! I never really knew why I didn't like the gungan battle till now. Hat green color is just plain awful for what is going on there. Feels like Easter or something. Not to mention the gungans and the battle droids themselves are lackluster and dull. So a battle between them was rather lame to see. But that grass makes it even worse.

As for old places, I'd love to see a new Jedi Temple and see how it would differ from the old one. Plus I'd like to see the inside of the Falcon, the Coruscant and the senate. Plus it would be cool to see the rich district of Tatooine. So far we've only seen the poorer side of that desert world. I think it would be interesting to see its luxurious side. Heck it would be awesome if they did the opposite of this for Coruscant. Would be nice to see its underworld!

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, I think the time has come to merge this "OT/PT sets or scenes to be recreated for ST?" thread into the "Planets you'd like to see" thread. I am doing that now and adding "or Scenes" into the title of the newly merged thread.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Threads merged and title updated.

19. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Tattooine is home. Home to Luke and to Anakin and a 'home' for the audience. It has a tremendeous importance to the saga. It shows that it doesnt matter what backwoods dustball you come from, you can still achive greatness.

I don't think Tatooine is pivotal to anything, but it sure isnt trivial. Star Wars would have a whole different feel if Luke had come from Corescant.

eht13 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  20. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Re: the part I bolded, no. Not "all" of us want a little Tatooine.

Tatooine is tired & old. It was in FIVE OF THE MOVIES. I don't care that it was home to Luke & Anakin--THEY hated it, and *I* hated it, too, after seeing it so often.

The Falcon, X-wings... sure. I'd love to see those. Especially the Falcon. THAT is home, fishtailsam. THAT is where all the adventures truly began when they blasted out of Mos Eisley. It was Luke's gateway to the universe, a character in its own right between ANH & ESB. I'd love to see it in VII, even if it isn't actually being flown around by Han or Lando or the next gen. Something more than the tiny easter egg in ROTS.

21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I do agree that the Falcon is one of the "homes" of the OT. A mobile home, if you will. It's basically Han's beat-up old RV that he and Chewie call home... that also happens to be one of the fastest ships in the galaxy when it feels like cooperating. Love it.

22. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I understand anyone being tired of tatooine..

however I would say the Falcon plays more the role of noble steed. Or like a caravan of gypsies. The falcon is the way the hero leaves his home.
    And its a flippin awesome way to leave IMO.

Toonimator and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Although I think the Death Star sets are the best. If we could get interiors anything like them I'd be pleased. Falcon, Bespin Chamber and Massasai, too.

24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    There's a reason Spaceballs used a Winnebago for the heroes ;)

25. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I bet you 2 thousand now plus fifteen when we reach Alderaan that JJ Abrams could pull off a scene in Tatooine with twin suns, jawas and all the classic Tatooine stuff and you would be psyched.

Sean Sinclair and eht13 like this.