main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph “So Say We All.” - The Battlestar Galactica Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
  3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Don't feel bad, the first few episodes I saw were the ones when Cain and the Pegasus showed up, but I went back and watched all of the mini and the first season before I continued on.

4. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    Hey you guys, no spoilers until east coast airing.

5. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    The first episode I saw was revealing Ellen as the fifth cylon.

I was confused.

6. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Indeed. Coming in somewhere in season 2 and backtracking wouldn't have been so bad, but I came in when season 4 was airing in the US and Britain, and season 3 had just started airing on free TV here. So I was all over the place. Some of the reveals over time (Sharon being a cylon, shooting Adama) were certainly shocking, but I don't think had the carry over effect the way not knowing who the final 5 were (or what they were), who the 5th was, and what the hell to make of Starbuck. Although I still don't completely know what to make of Starbuck., specifically how she got to Earth and back to the fleet.

I'm surprised so many people have a problem with the Mitochondrial Eve thing, though. From Baltar's first "hallucinations" in the Opera House, we've been told about this child who would be the first of god's new generation. Her importance has been central to the plotline at various times, right down to her being rescued at the end. She turning out to be ME fits into that rather well, imo, can't really think of a better alternative.

I do, however, understand people's displeasure with the seeming attack on technology in the final scenes, though I see that as more of a warning against "playing god" than on technology overall.

7. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    This was posted in the Amph BSG Thread.

Clearly the end of the world is upon us. the move is happening and Blood and Chrome may actually air in our lifetimes.

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    That is a horrible "Immigrant Song" cover. :p But I never expected having to anticipate more BSG material again.

9. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The trailer is pretty impressive-looking. Apart from the CGI shot that starts it off.:p

At around the 40 second mark it looks like Sebastian (Firstwave) Spence, who played Lt. Noel 'Narcho' Allison in BSG. He's not in the IMD credits, though, and it wouldn't make any sense for his character to be there. So maybe I'm just seeing things. Especially since I didn't recognise Luke Pasqualino at all, and I watched seasons 3 & 4 of Skins regularly.

The old-style Cylon Raiders look great.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Stumbled across this on FB just now, not sure how recent it is, but still...

[​IMG]

Starbuck and Starbuck drinking Starbucks in a Starbucks.

::Nerd Implosion::

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Dirk is a fine looking mother******.

Edit: really JC? Mother****** isn't an auto edit? ****s.

12. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

Yeah, that was from many years ago, but still pretty awesome! Katee is awesome in person. =)

yankee8255 likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    he wrote some huge blogpost about how she's not a REAL starbuck cuz starbuck cant be a GIRL (more like starDOE heheh) and how he's had it up to HERE with the frackin' SUITS and their POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUINING EVERYTHING!!... guess he changed his mind?

its actually one of Rogue's Favorite Internet Things

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  15. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

If you have not met her, I highly recommend doing so.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I have not met her. I fear my heart would explode.

Okay, it wouldn't.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Even she is not so comely.

18. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
  19. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    just finished watching this. enjoyed it, although I disliked the religious overtones from the start, so inevitably found the finale somewhat lacklustre, particularly the foregoing of all technology and the fact everyone just went their separate ways. still a very good show though, and some excellent characters (although Baltar was much better as a cynical scientist than a religious nut).

my question: why did the Cylons even need to endlessly chase after the Galactica in the first place? by doing so they lost resurrection ships but also just a lot of time, which could have been better equipped setting up their own planet, or something. they had Boomer already entrenched as a sleeper agent, they already had them hopelessly outnumbered. they could have just waited for Galactica to either run out of resources and just die, or wait for them to finally settle on another planet, have Boomer send them the coordinates, and just show up and nuke them again. sorted.

I also didn't really get why Cylons would WANT to become like humans. the human body is frail, and limited. Cylons are an advanced species, yet they want to become like humans? Cain was right about that.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Well, aside from the fact that your plan would have made from an incredibly boring TV Series, I guess the "in-show" explanation would be that Cavill's lust for vengeance was all consuming.

As for wanting to become like humans, Cavill asks Ellen the same question "I DON'T WANT TO BE HUMAN! I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays, and I -- I want to -- I want to smelldark matter! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to -- I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language! But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine, and I could know much more, I could experience so much more, BUT I'M TRAPPED IN THIS ABSURD BODY! AND WHY? Because my five creators thought that God wanted it that way!"

And yes, as he says, the answer to that question is, like so many others, God.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I couldn't bring myself to finish the series. It was just soooooo grimdark. Early on, it was something of a novelty, like when the dramatic countdown and gunship rescue tropes were brutally averted in the pilot miniseries. But after a few seasons, it just got too bleak for my taste.

22. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Whenever I watched the vipers and raptors going out, I wanted to see a tv series based on x-wing pilots in the rebellion era.

Jedi Merkurian and Volderon like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This was a fantastic show, but I never finished the final season. To go along with what Jedi Merkurian was saying, it just got way to bleak.

24. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    You're both robbing yourselves of what I thought was an excellent finale.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've heard a lot of mixed reception regarding the finale actually.