main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Best. Video. Ever.

(Orlando Bloom has wrapped, so says PJ on Facebook)

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Awesome, nice of celebs to acknowledge legendary sendups of themselves.

I hope Patrick Stewart will one day do the same for the Picard Song

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's amazing. Bloom may not always be the best actor, but he sure is an awesome guy IRL.

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope that for no apparent reason, They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard plays during the ending credits to this film or Part III.

NYCitygurl and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That'll be the special edition of the extended edition. Only for people with 3DTV. ;)

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    This. He's a mediocre actor at best (although he was pretty good as Legolas - the role seemed to suit him well), but damn, he's such a cool guy in real life! :D

Although he could've prepared better for this. He was off rhythm. :p

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well just like predicted, the Battle of the 5 Armies will be in Part 3

9. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Source? Link? Anything?

10. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    TrandoJedi and Summer Dreamer like this.
  11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Darn. I was hoping they'd relegate Part 3 to Bilbo's return to the shire so he could go on a 3-hour Odysseus-rampage to reclaim Bag End.

Bacon164 and Mar17swgirl like this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    The description of the video above :p

13. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    Right now I'm watching the White Council scene at Rivendell. Did anyone catch the reference to Rhudaur when they were discussing the Morgul blade and the Witch King? Despite all the tinkering Peter Jackson has done with the Hobbit and LOTR to bring them to the screen, he still shows "some" awareness of the source material. I use the word "some" lighty - certain omissions and changes were not needed. I was sorely disappointed in LOTR when there was no reference to the Northern Kingdom of Arnor or the Line of Anarion in Gondor as I felt it only made things confusing for those of us who have read the books - until I saw the extended editions. I still think Jackson bungled on the ROTK scene where Legolas describes the Men of the Mountain and the curse on them by having Isildur called the last King of Gondor. I mean, really?!! I can understand why Jackson wanted to make the films easier to understand for viewers who may not have read the books, but in so doing he robbed the story of some elements of Tolkien's rich, detailed world. While the theatrical versions were decent, I much prefer the EE's and will not likely watch the theatricals again, unless it's with my children one day.

Anyway, back to The Hobbit. The nods to Angmar and the Witch King tie in nicely with LOTR, but - again - if viewers don't have a knowledge of the books, they won't know that Rhudaur was one of the three kingdoms carved out of Arnor (with Arthedain and Cardolan being the others) following the death of the 10th King. I'm still scratching my head over the film's implication that the Witch King died, though. I thought he never physically died in the books until Eowyn and Merry killed him, just faded away into the shadow realm when Sauron ensnared him with one of the Nine. If I recall correctly, he survived the fall of Angmar in 1975 TA only to disappear and later resurface in Mordor in the early 2000s. Another unnecessary change, Peter Jackson. *shakes head* I do love these films, but I wish he had stayed a little truer to the source material.

Random Comments likes this.
  14. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    In regards to the Legolas video above, has PJ ever explained why he had Bloom say "The Uruks turned northeast" when Isengard is almost due west of where they were?

15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    So the Scouring of the Shire..... 60 years early? With no Saruman or men in the Shire, and no Hobbit army, just Bilbo waving Sting at everyone saying "GET OFF MY LAWN!"?

Mar17swgirl likes this.
  16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think we're going to get a scene in part 2 or part 3 where Sauron shows why he's called the "Necromancer" in this era... by resurrecting the Nazgul, giving them new bodies. (of course they never really died, only their bodies were destroyed)

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The Scouring of the Shire Silverware

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the Hobbit Part 2 description says that Gandalf explores Dol Guldur and discovers that the Nazgul have left their graves

19. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Gosh, that seems like a lot of ground to cover in three hours! Are you sure they can fit it all in? :p

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm sure they will :cool:

21. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Scene 1: EXT -- Dol Guldur

A place of creepy misty ruins. RADAGAST THE BROWN and GANDALF THE GREY enter. Nine pits -- freshly-dug graves -- lie empty and spooky-looking in the decrepit soil.

RADAGAST: Gandalf, look!
    GANDALF: Flame of Undun! The Nazgul have left their graves!
    RADAGAST: RUN!
    GANDALF: Right behind you! (Telepathically to Galadriel: HEEEELLLLLP!)

That about covers all the bases, I think. Now what are they gonna do for 2 hours and 45 minutes? :confused:

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Eat popcorn till Galadriel arrives :p

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, what on earth has happened to this thread? 8-}

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I dunno

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Orlando Bloom

EDIT:

Btw, one thing I've noticed about the Hobbit so far is that there's been no popular media buzz about it, like there was with LOTR. No one else is really commenting on it, or referencing it. Has anybody else gotten that feeling?