main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Definitely fan-made, by a fan over on Rebelscum last month.

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It just popped up in my FB feed today - just thought I'd share as things are so quiet.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That picture reminded me of something.

Everyone seems to be focused on Ford Fisher & Hamill being in the movie, yet we have heard nothing about the main characters - the Droids. Given they have been in every movie and are what links everything together, they have to be in it. You'd think Anthony Daniels would be the first guy signed up.
    He will be at CE2 along with Mark Hamill & Carrie Fisher, so I can ask him then :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Daniels is an easy get, tho--he's done just about anything Star Wars related that's come along. They probably don't need to book him well in advance.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've no doubt he'd say yes, it seems he never has anything else to do :p

Though you do wonder, if he loves Star Wars so much, why he isn't nicer to fans.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  6. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    ...you've seen how much grief 3PO gets, haven't you? From people (wrongly, IMO) claiming he's as bad as Jar Jar in the OT, to the terrible usage of 3PO in AOTC (particularly the factory/arena), to TCW episodes focusing on R2 & 3PO...

...not that I'm sure 3PO's bad treatment explains his attitude (which I'm unfamiliar with), but it could be. He IS 3PO, and maybe takes criticism of the character (which is generally not criticism of his voice work--except in TCW & other recent projects, where it seems 'off')

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    =D==D=

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Star Wars= / = Star Wars fans.

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Daniels is not nice to his fans? Really?
    Huh.
    Never knew that, he seemed like a nice guy at first glance.

10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Me neither, he always comes across in interviews I've seen that butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.

11. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    I also have not seen or heard him being other than congenial in all the interviews and fan interactions.
    Do you have some examples, or maybe it's just being interviewed after he climbs out of that mechanical suit for the role. I have read stories of the injuries he has suffered in that suit which might lend him to being a not so nice person when asked stupid questions by the media or fans.

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Personal experience and observation over a few hours. Just not impressed with the man, which is a shame as a child, I loved threepio. OTOH, every OTHER person I've met who was part of the creation of the full saga (including Mark and Carrie) were nothing but genuinely nice people, and a real joy to be around.

13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

One experience with someone doesn't generalize their character. There may have been other facts to play into his bad mood. I've heard loads of good things from Daniels and the fans.

Then again, I've also heard bad things about Daniels with fans.

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I was being VERY general on purpose. It wasn't 10 minute interaction nor a particularly 'bad mood' - but a lot of other observations/conversations. To be honest, if threepio only has a 2 minute cameo, I wouldn't bat an eye.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I met him once and he was OK, but I've heard of him being late when fans are queuing to see him as well as behaving in a dismissing way with people who have been assigned to help him at conventions.

It is perhaps partly the whole dislike between him & Kenny Baker that may make him a target for fans, Baker is great and much-loved yet he has often spoken about how badly Daniels behaved towards him during the making of the movies.

16. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    This is the first time I hear about any of this.
    I would appreciate it if someone could fill me in.

17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Honestly, I don't want to disillusion anyone, or colour their perceptions of any of the SW family more than I already have. I'm going to invoke the old attage of 'If you can't say something nice..." and say of the people I have personally met, "Mark Hamill made me laugh, and feel as giddy as a school girl, Carrie would be a joy to party with, as would Ray, Peter is a doll, Paul Blake (kisses) and a myriad of other non-headliners are sweeties to the max, 'ewoks ROCK' and Nik G is awesome."

18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Fair enough, but wasn't being disillusioned - more curious, hah.
    I haven't had the opportunity to meet any of them, and probably never will, so it's always interesting to hear the first hand experiences.

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The very brief interaction I had with Daniels was actually with his handler, who was not the most pleasant person while Daniels (who was standing right there) didn't say a word... which I guess means pretty much nothing.

20. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    Well I have to admit, when you are as big of star as he is, you need a front man to deflect the mob so you can just stand there and be quite and not interact.

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    [face_laugh][face_rofl]

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  22. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    OMG I totally forgot about this site lol... wow. I remember this was the very site I first saw the image of Darth Maul and I (incorrectly) thought the first prequel was going to be a darker Star Wars than what I'm used. I'm glad a lot of the EU stuff that was talked about in this official thread has went away, too, because that ain't Star Wars. I also think that George Lucas will have some limited involvement in these movies, maybe along the lines of the writers asking him where he saw the story going after ROTJ, etc. Georgie boy, this is his thing, so I find it hard to believe he'll have no involvement. I also agree with everyone here, though, that we don't want him making it himself because those didn't turn out too good. :p

Anyway, a few thoughts on the facts we know. We're going to get the "big three" Han, Luke, and Leia which is great. The casting sheet we've seen calls for a lot of younger actors, and so ya know I gotta share what I think about the descriptions :D

1) "Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit." I think this could be a female lead, maybe not even related to the "big three" but possibly a descendant of one of the other PT or OT characters.
    2) "Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking." Sounds like Han and Leia's son, if they have one.
    3) "A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident." I'm thinking a Senator, a good character.
    4) "Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn't need to be particularly fit." This one is interesting. Could this be the "bad guy?"
    5) "A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit." One of these without a doubt could be Luke's apprentice. To me this sounds like a Jedi.
    6) "Forty something male, fit, military type." Despite the description, I don't think this character will actually be in the military. I have a feeling it could be a bounty hunter.
    7) "Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit." I'm having a hard time placing this one. I don't think this character is related to the Skywalkers, and might be something as simple as a bartender lol

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm just excited to be talking about Star Wars again :)

23. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Yes, it IS Star Wars. That's why so many people have been fans of it over the decades. They wanted more Star Wars; the EU is more Star Wars.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I think kip means not canon "official" Star Wars.

Books and games tell good stories to keep the franchise going between movies, but that doesn't mean what happens in those stories officially fits into the same timeline as the movies (especially given recent stuff like TCW or TFU has contradicted so much of what was written in books and comics before it)

25. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Now, now, don't poke the bears! Perhaps you remember 'Is my Jar-Jar coloring book canon?' :p

J7Luke likes this.