main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Mace survive after his fall?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Frankakin skywalker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Whilst I don't favour any of them returning, I'd say Windu or Fett surviving their unfortunate film endings would be more plausible than Maul. The only way it would be plausible for Maul would be if they went with the absolute truth angle. He turns up and says, "I was just too cool to die." Then he says "Eeeyyyy!" like Fonzie, gives the thumbs up and rides off on his Sith motorbike thing... in a leather jacket.

handofluke and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    That's hilarious.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lol you have never seen it though, so you can't judge

4. Rachel_In_Red

May 12, 2013
    So you've never formed a preliminary opinion on a movie based on the plot, trailer, reviews, etc.? Then how do you decide which movies you see and don't see? Do you have a wheel at home that you spin to determine what movie you're going to see at the theater?

5. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    I've heard that in the ST Jabba the Hutt comes back from the dead and fathers a child with Princess Leia. She really did come to appreciate him eventually you see. Stupid idea? Don't knock it til you've tried it. ;)

Pensivia likes this.
  6. Rachel_In_Red

May 12, 2013
    Now this is totally plausible.

7. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I feel that Mace could have survived, but seeing as there was nothing said that he was in hiding along with all of the other jedi across the galaxy makes it clear that he more than likely didn't survive. Would have been a good twist if he had survived into the purge.

8. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    Lol you have never seen it though, so you can't judge
    ---------------

silly reasoning.

Here are a few examples:

I've never been in a sewer, and I know I wouldn't enjoy the experience

I've never been in a war zone, know for a fact I wouldn't find it exciting but terrifying

I've never seen someone die in front of me, and I know I wouldn't want to.

And for those of us who have seen the film, know enough that bringing him back is beyond idiotic.

9. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Only throwing my opinion out there, thanks for the nonsense.

10. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    you're welcome

11. Michael McKean

Michael McKean Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2013
    It seems extremely unlikely that he would have survived, and even if he did, we must bear in mind that his hand was severed and so would have died of blood loss if he wasn't found.
    So, although we aren't given information about what happened to him, we are given information about his lightsaber. :p
    Apparently, a trader found it in the streets and went on to sell it I think.

12. Rachel_In_Red

May 12, 2013
    I'm no doctor or anything, but it seems lightsabers may cauterize wounds. We see several hands/limbs cut off throughout the saga and no one is ever gushing blood as a result. But I think the severed hand is the least of Mace's concerns when he goes flying out the window.

Sophdeon, handofluke and DarthDuckie like this.
  13. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    At the end of the day, hitting concrete from that distance of height ought to kill you on impact.;)

14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Not everyone shares the same opinion so to judge a film on plot, trailer or reviews is ridiculous, IMO. It's like a reviewer over in the UK who watched Lord of the Rings and didn't like it and we tended to agree with his assessments of other films, but this time he was wrong. We enjoyed Lord of the Rings. Just because reviews may seem bad doesn't automatically mean its a bad film or you won't enjoy it.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Those are obvious situations. Entertainment is totally different. For example, if we lived in the galaxy of Star Wars would we have wanted Maul to die? Yes. As fans of a fictional saga would we want him to die? No way, because he is a cool character.

I don't base my opinions off of what other people say, unless I have seen the said performance/film/show/etc. for myself, I don't judge. That's why I hate movie critics and a good amount of sports analysts, they act like their opinion is fact, when at the end of the day what is good and bad is completely subjective, so that (more than) half the time these "reviewers" end of spewing utter crap.

Sorry for the rant, but as you can tell I hate critics/analysts :p

16. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    When Jules Winnfield went wandering the earth and going on adventures, he found a portal to the Galaxy far, far away. He lost his eye after the battle with Sidious, returned to earth and became Nick Fury.

All of the roles Sam L appears in are purely autobiographical.

kainee likes this.
  17. Rachel_In_Red

May 12, 2013
    You do make judgments about films you haven't seen. Otherwise, you'd have no basis determine what movie to go see at the theater. Something about a movie has to appeal to you for you to go see it. And there are other films that don't seem interesting to you that you don't go see. You don't randomly end up in the theater to see a certain movie. Something has to spike your interest.

Dredalus likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This.

If it were possible, dude was more dead than Padme...
    ;)

:p

DarthDuckie likes this.
  19. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    In the original trilogy, I thought it was made clear that Obi-Wan and Yoda were the last remaining Jedi prior to Luke's training (the rest being hunted by Vader). And after their deaths, it was a large point that Luke was the last of the Jedi.

But I guess that argument has somewhat been lost after the EU contradicted it.

kainee likes this.
  20. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    That's why I mentioned it after the small matter of falling hundreds of feet to the ground, just in case somebody tried to suggest that he would survive the impact. And I think the films do not show blood gushing after a hand is severed for obvious reasons.

21. Michael McKean

Jun 5, 2013
    I wouldn't agree that something about a movie has to appeal to you for you to go see it. For example, I have went to see a film with my friends simply because I wanted to spend time with friends, regardless of what I think about the film. In that particular instance, I had no interest whatsoever in the film we went to see, which was Valentine's Day. ;)

22. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    The EU is a marvelous thing.

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I grew up knowing Luke Skywalker was the last of the Jedi and that made his confrontation with Vader and the Emperor the very definition of epic...

kainee, SlashMan and DarthDuckie like this.
  24. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Yeah. After we found out 'there (was) another,' it lost a bit of its impact didn't it?

kainee likes this.
  25. Rachel_In_Red

May 12, 2013
    Probably b/c George didn't want Star Wars to be a gory film, but we all seek explanations within the context of the story.

C'mon now. Let's be reasonable here. People do any number of things for random or pointless reasons or just to be around friends or a date, but in general if someone spends money to go see a movie it's because something about it interests them. That interest comes from judgments made about the plot, trailer, whatever.