main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Best Star Wars Game of All Time (Opinion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by TK788, Nov 25, 2012.

?

What do you think is the best Star Wars game of all time? (Alphabetical Order)

Poll closed Feb 25, 2013.
  1. Star Wars: Battlefront

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Star Wars: Battlefront II

19 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Star Wars: Empire at War

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Star Wars: Dark Forces

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Star Wars: Galaxies

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

44 vote(s)
    57.1%
  9. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

14 vote(s)
    18.2%
  10. Star Wars: Republic Commando

11 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'm surprised the Lego games aren't on the list[face_dunno]oh well.

For me the best Star Wars game ever (at least that I've played) would have to either be BF II or the original Force Unleashed game. To me TFU just felt like a Star Wars movie all in itself. I loved the characters, the story, the action, etc. Everything that made me fall in love with SW in the first place.

2. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
  3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
  4. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    KOTOR for me. I've never, ever played another game, SW or not, where the storyline left me utterly stunned. And I loved the locations as well, all of the places were really, really cool (loved Manaan, particularly underwater...and Lehon too).

5. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Jedi Padawan

Apr 4, 2013
    Dark Forces II.

6. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    KOTOR and no other Star Wars game comes even close.

Lord Revan likes this.
  7. TheRevanchist

Dec 13, 2012
    Stop whatever you are doing, and buy it on steam (it doesn't cost that much) and play it on PC. The PC version works perfectly and in that game you have one of the greatest RPG game ever made (in the category of Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger). A game that totally influenced Mass Effect and in my (and other people) opinions is better than anything BioWare has done since (though both Mass Effect and Dragon Age were brilliant).

8. CrashTheHedgehog100

CrashTheHedgehog100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    For me, it's Battlefront 2. I know it's a generic answer but I don't care. The gameplay is great, the classes all feel varied and so do the maps. The story mode, whilst not ground breaking was still good and playing as the Empire and hunting down all the Rebels and Jedi felt very fun.

9. starwarssquadrons

starwarssquadrons Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2013
    You need to add x-wing/tie fighter on that list.

I would assume that those games and KOTOR would be the most popular.

10. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Yeah I would vote for X-Wing Alliance, I also loved the original Rogue Squadron just for sheer fun factor.

Yancy

11. AronAgmar

AronAgmar Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    For me, it's easily KOTOR II.

I say the second one because I think it was a lot deeper and darker than the first one. There was more to uncover, especially regarding with the characters. The atmosphere was darker, you being the last of the Jedi and all. Of course, the second one would be nothing without the first one and I only say the second one, mostly because I loved the first one so much. The second one just improved what was already the best.

Note: I have (and always will now) played it with the TLS Restored Content Mod. It's the only way to truly enjoy the game. Otherwise, it's no comparison to the first one.

Life likes this.
  12. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
  13. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm sure it's been pointed out, but TIE FIGHTER!!!!!! should be on the list :)

14. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
  15. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    How about the Super Star Wars trilogy for the Snes? Those games were great!
    I've recently bought Empire at War and it's expansion, I hope it's good.

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You shouldn't compare a real RPG with a JPRG like Anal Fantasy. Plus, as you failed to note Planescape: Torment in there but you put JRPGs in your opinion is invalid.

17. TheRevanchist

Dec 13, 2012
    Probably you're right. They differ very much, but on the other side DX and SS2 differ with the classic Western RPG more than Western RPG with JRPG.

Haven't played Planescape: Torment. I know that I should have played but hopefully I will do it in future.

18. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Tie between SOTE, Rogue Squadron and The Force Unleashed....with an honorable mention to 1313 should it ever be released!!!:confused:

19. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I have Super Star Wars and just ordered the other two Super games to complete the trilogy. May is Star Wars month for me so I'm attempting to complete the Star Wars game library!

20. rincewind86

rincewind86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2013
    mhh much was said..and i will repeat those views, too ^^
    it is difficult to say "which is the best" cause in my opinion it is very difficult to say f.e. this game (RPG) is better then this game (shooter) but when you dont play rpgs, you still would find the shooter better...anyways..i tell yo mine

The whole Xwing Compilation (old as heck but still the best SW-Flightsimulation out there)
    the fights are much more tactical cause u had to manage ur energie for shields, laser and stuff yourself and when you fly and unshielded Tie-fighter vs a B-Wing..well you really had to be an ASS otherwise the mission and the game was an instaloose.

SW:Rebellion (very old, too believe Win 95 was big at that time...but a great game where you had to menage the rebellion or the empire via a galactic map)
    i would not say that everyone will have fun with it but it was the first game which gave you the possiblity to learn more about the expanded universe (all charakter introduced until this time where represented)

Kotor 1/2 (the best offline-rpg you can wish for)
    it was and is the best...i was stated in this discussion many times before, so i wont write anything more about it. Just AWESOME, they re-released KOTOR1 for IPAD..YEHAAAA!
    PS: Old republic sucks in comparison to the first 2 games

SW Jedi Knight 1- Jedi Academy (from old to ..6-7 years ago?)
    the first series of games where you could play a Jedi and fight with forcepowers. Your decisions went into you going dark or white for the first time and you also could cahnge from 1 to 3 person view for the first time.
    Every single one has a very good story...but the Jedi Academy part...but this one has awesome action and fights so it is still very very enjoyable

The ForceUnleashed 1/2
    damn bad story, damn bad that they expand the universe in every direction, rewriting whole parts of sw history that the new ones can fit but the best fullblown jedi fightactions EVER!

21. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    The only one on that list that for me qualifies as one of the, if not the best SW video game of all time is Battlefront II.

But the real answer is this:
    [​IMG]

Yoda_S, Jedi Ben and Life like this.
  22. Maizel

Maizel Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2013
    I have many good (or nostalgic) memories of the Xwing and Tie fighter games.

But I think the game that has the biggest impact of the development of the Star Wars EU, and which also happened to be one of the best Star Wars stories told to date., must be KOTOR.

23. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    KOTOR was amazing. I wish I could play it again, but I don't think I have my copy anymore. Never played KOTOR II, but maybe someday..

Big time nostalgia for Rebel Assault on the PC back in the day. Used to play it A LOT circa 1993-1994 but haven't once since. I miss it. That was a cool Star Wars-centric period of time for me, 1994. I was a freshmen in high school, I read the Heir to the Empire trilogy novels twice, played the hell outta Rebel Assault and thought greatly about the Star Wars trilogy for the first time in years. AND this was still years before the SE and PT. Good times.

Anyway....

24. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    My opinion KOTOR2 is worth playing I found it better then KOTOR, there was more character development and what I felt was a better story.

25. CrackaJones

CrackaJones Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2013
    I like the Battlefront games, hopefully the new one is as good as 1 and 2, but my all time favorite are X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and TIE Fighter; and I hate it how people have forgotten these awesome games; best simulation game I have ever played. They went in-dept with all of the star fighters and other types of craft never seen before, and giving names to nameless craft we have seen other places but were never talked about.