main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion A contradiction

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by darklordoftech, Jun 29, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    One time Disney said that there would be a Star Wars movie every 2-3 years. Later on, they said a Star Wars movie every year. Which is it?

2. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I'm guessing that will be the pattern once the ST and the first two spinoffs are through. There are only two spinoffs in production from what I've read. The schedule will probably look something like this:

2015 - Episode VII
    2016 - Spinoff
    2017 - Episode VIII
    2018 - Spinoff
    2019 - Episode IX
    2021 or 2022 - Spinoff, then a new spinoff every 2 or 3 years

3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    No Episode X in 2021?

4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Probably not, no. Disney has given no indication that they plan to have a 4th Star Wars trilogy.

5. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    This. Even if there is an Episode X and a fourth trilogy, I think they'll probably wait at least a few years after the ST is finished.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, it is a bit premature to make that assumption I think. Interesting to speculate about where they will go though. They may just turn it into a running story rather than have trilogies, since it will go on indefinitely, like James Bond or Star Trek.

Episode Swag likes this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Sounds good to me. Although I was against it at first(fearing a watered down and rushed product), I'm not getting any younger, so bring it on. I only ask that they stay with tradition and keep it in the same tone and feel as the OT, or there'll be hell to pay. ;)

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  8. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    My question is this: why do we need Star Wars in trilogies? We have two so far, but why can't the next movie be a stand-alone like ANH was? Drop the E7 moniker. Sure, use the same characters, but don't drag it across 3 movies. I know this idea probably shocks a lot of you.

9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    No one knows for sure. They could create trilogies out of new sagas, like Knights of the Old Republic. They could make EU movies, just to satisfy that crowd.

The Spielberg/Lucas summit suggested that the big blockbusters would ruin the current studio system and technology is advancing so quickly, they'll probably make lower budget film to cater to very specific audiences.

Maizel likes this.
  10. Maizel

Maizel Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2013
    Remember those sweet CGI trailers they made for The Old Republic?

I'd watch a feature film of that quality all day.

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm pretty sure we'll get a fourth Trilogy, but I think not for another 20 years or so.
    That time will be filled with spin offs and TV series, hopefully the live action one as well.

Or we will get a new Trilogy, that is unrelated to the Skywalker Saga - set in the distant past, or the far future.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    God, I hope not. :(

Maybe one trilogy every five years would be nice.

13. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Sadly, its all about money. Why did Peter Jackson extend the Hobbit to 3 movies? 3 Theatrical Releases, 3 Bluray releases, 3 Bluray extended releases, boxsets, etc. I always thought that Lucas could have made 1 big 3+ hour PT movie with most of the plot points of episode 3 sprinkled with plot points from episode 1 & 2. But from a financial standpoint, there is more money to be made with more movies.

14. Maizel

Maizel Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2013
    I don;t mind them making so many Star Wars movies.

I'll go see them if they're good, and if not, I still probably will.

They;re in the money making business, of course they will try to shove stuff down your throat, but you don;t have to swallow.

I disagree on the Hobbit bit though. I think three movies is perfect. It allowed them to stay true to the book almost scene for scene, and come up with some (decent) fabricated stuff as well.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I thought this thread would be an advert for the Starburst candies on sale at the theater. :(

Maizel likes this.
  16. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I am of the belief that Michael Jordan didn't tarnish his legacy by playing for the Wizards... He is still the greatest ever... That being said, bring on the movies... The OT will always be great!

17. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Nah, his last shot to win 1998 NBA Finals in Game 6 over Byron Russell was a perfect way to end his career. The whole Washington Wizards comeback was sad to watch.

18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012

Sometimes less is more.

19. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Yet. :D

20. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    You don't know EU fans very well I see...

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    My sense is that Disney is not going to look at it like that.

22. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    I was talking only about the "main" Trilogies, that is the ones dealing with Skywalkers and their offspring.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a ton of other movies and spinoffs on a regular basis.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    I love Bond, but if SW becomes like that series....Spy who Loved Me? Living Daylights? World us Not Enough? Ugh...

The SW equivalent would not be good, but that is the only natural evolution...more movies equal more likelihood to fail... It's the same logic I'm rating the par 5s on a golf course harder than the par 4s.

24. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    look at it this way...how many Marvel movies do we get a year?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012