main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    My Emmy wishes for Comedy, with my preferred winner in bold:

BEST COMEDY
    Parks and Recreation
    Veep
    Modern Family
    The Big Bang Theory
    30 Rock
    Louie

BEST COMEDY ACTOR

Adam Scott, Parks and Recreation

Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
    Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
    Louis C. K., Louie
    Jason Bateman, Arrested Development
    Don Cheadle, House of Lies

BEST COMEDY ACTRESS
    Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
    Tina Fey, 30 Rock
    Lena Dunham, Girls
    Mindy Kaling, The Mindy Project
    Laura Dern, Enlightened

BEST COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Nick Offerman, Parks and Recreation
    Max Greenfield, New Girl
    Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family
    Ty Burrell, Modern Family
    Ed O'Neill, Modern Family
    Kunal Nayyar, The Big Bang Theory

BEST COMEDY SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Aubrey Plaza, Parks and Recreation
    Julie Bowen, Modern Family
    Sofia Vergara, Modern Family
    Anna Chlumsky, Veep
    Jane Krakowski, 30 Rock
    Kaley Cuoco, The Big Bang Theory

BEST COMEDY GUEST ACTOR
    Patton Oswald, Parks and Recreation
    Justin Timberlake, Saturday Night Live
    Will Arnett, 30 Rock
    Bob Newhart, Modern Family
    Matthew Broderick, Modern Family
    Patrick Wilson, Girls

BEST COMEDY GUEST ACTRESS
    Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live
    Elizabeth Banks, 30 Rock
    Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
    Elaine Stritch, 30 Rock
    Melissa Leo, Louie
    Parker Posey, Louie

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Still haven't seen any of those shows except The Big Bang Theory, although Parks and Recreation has come highly recommended. And I've seen plenty of SNL but I don't think I've watched this season, which might be for the best. Justin Timberlake? WTF?

Hoping Jim Parsons pulls off a win.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Parks and Recreation is good, but I'd give the award to Modern Family. That show is excellent IMO.

4. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

I do enjoy Modern Family, but I have a very soft spot for Parks and Recreation, which I feel hasn't gotten the accolades it deserves.

JackG and eht13 like this.
  5. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I would love 30 Rock to win one last time all the Emmies where they are nominated, they deserve it, such a great show, too bad it ended.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK, I thought it was a good point to end it before it got stale. The last two seasons were OK, but not their best, and I imagine the quality would have kept declining had they continued any longer than they did.

But I agree, 30 Rock and Parks should get more love than they do. Same with Community.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Going on a bar crawl in Amsterdam's Red Light district. Seems like a sound plan to me.

8. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    This is precious.

[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw that today. I want someone to make that meme with Raleigh and the North Carolina General Assembly.

10. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Girl. Where have you been? You know what you're doing this fall yet?

12. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I don't visit message boards a lot at the moment. :p I just now refound the LACWAC board because of my sig here.

I still aspire to be a teacher, and hope to start that journey this fall at a community college.
    But damn, I need money for classes. x_X

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Coric: I don't know if you ever plan on doing anything with art in the future, but you're a better graphics artist than most people just entering college. Since the two main things art schools look for these days are people who are halfways familiar with design programs (even just photoshop) and -- more importantly -- who have more than an ounce of creativity, you should really consider making a portfolio to throw at some art departments. Money's always an issue, but more often than not they'll find some way to help you manage if they think you've got potential.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Agreed. Art schools (any schools really) want talented people as their graduates and their financial aid offices can usually offer you some kind of package, even if it's part loans.

There's always one class at a time if you can't pay for a full load at once. I don't know what classes and books cost there. I did that my first two semesters of grad school though.

Good luck.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, my house ended up being clipped by a tornado today. That's one way to end the weekend with some excitement I suppose. [face_hypnotized]

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Damn. Everyone OK?

17. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, no real damage thankfully. Scared the hell out of everyone though.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Holy hell. I can't imagine. I'm glad your alright and their isn't any real damage.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Good grief! Was that the first time you've had one in your area?

20. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    We've had several in the vicinity before, nothing major in the 8 years I've lived here.

We've had run ins with them before, we lived near Nashville when they had the big outbreak. My mom and I even got locked out of the house in the middle of it.

Needless to say, when the weather gets bad, you'll find me in a closet. (With a spare set of keys :p )

eht13 likes this.
  21. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Looks like it's going to be another dry summer here in Arkansas.. :/

Oh and the reason why I have to go head first into college money wise is because my scholarship requires 12 hours a semester. :(

22. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I bet that was... funny. And reminds me of something I always wondered about: What do you actually do when you're outside on a walk or something and a tornado is coming?

My sister can't stand bad weather either (though nothing ever happened to us). As soon as we have a thunderstorm at night she roams the house and ends up in my room - only to leave again because I'm stuck to the window to watch the lightnings.

I won't. Even though I have holidays then... and wouldn't have to travel that far... Are you going?

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    If there's time, get to a nearby building (hopefully with a basement), otherwise find a large ditch.

FWIW, lightning can still strike you even if you're inside a house, especially if you're by a window. I posted a few pictures several pages back of the damage caused by a lightning bolt that blew a hole through the roof and into my bedroom.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There was a tornado in my hometown a year or two ago; it happened on the weekend and my parents were out of town celebrating my niece's birthday, but the tornado took out the entire side of the street across from my Mom's office while leaving her office intact.

Hurricanes are generally more of a problem there though.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There was a tornado in my neighborhood when I was a kid. I challenged it to a spinning contest, I won, and the tornado dissipated in shame. That was the last time a tornado came to my neighborhood.

JackG, eht13, Seerow and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.