main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    you are welcome! ;)

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great retort from Luke :D , Turman certainly deserved it.
    I've heard about that evolutionary too and I've see it first hand - all my friends kids looked like their fathers when infants. Some still do.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Great update. I'm glad the sleemo is behind bars!

Edit: is that true that infants generally look like their fathers? I know my sister did, as did my brothers, but I looked an awful lot like my uncle (and he's my uncle by marriage). I think something's up'

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay...I'm not going to touch that comment. :p

Probably nobody caught the reference. I stole that from the Lloyd Bentsen and Dan Quayle 1988 Vice-Presential debate. Some people were saying Dan Quayle was like another Jack Kennedy. Lloyd Bentsen said to Quayle, "Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."

I remember watching that and saying, "Oh burn!"

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahahahahaa I remember that burn to Quayle. Loved how Luke used it here and was definitely a Master on the stand. And my little one certainly does look like her father. Sometimes I feel like I got a bum deal cause I did all the hard work and she's a carbon copy of him!!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Naw, I also caught that. I saw the debate for Poli Sci class.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks EmeraldJediFire, ginchy, Demendora, Jade_eyes, Briannakin and Hazel for reading and taking the time to review. Once again I am stuck on my other story. I want to thank ginchy for helping me. I just don't have things exactly the way I want them, but I am sure I will figure it out.

Here is the next entry for Talon.

~JL~

Entry 46

The last few months have been without drama…amazingly. I am still working on my lightsaber forms. Corran Horn is teaching me hand-to-hand combat. I still can’t beat Jacen in grappling, but I am getting close. I am fairly good at telekinesis, such as Force shoves. Corran can’t do telekinesis for some reason and he hates it when people use it on him. When we train at hand-to-hand we are always in a room with a ysalamiri.

I wanted to learn some new skills so I decided to do some research. I tried working with the Jedi Holocron and talk to Master Bodo Baas the holographic gatekeeper, but for some reason when I told him my name he said he wouldn’t work with ‘The spawn of the insolent forgetter of names’. When I asked my Master what Master Baas meant by that, she laughed and said my father really irritated the gatekeeper years ago and the old Jedi is holding a grudge.

Since I can’t use the Holocron, I have to research the old fashioned way by reading books found on Ossus. Yuck! Who reads a book anymore? They are dusty and musty, but when I complained I was told Tionne was looking for a volunteer to scan the thousands of flimsiplast tomes and put them in digital format. No thank you, I’ll read the books and keep my mouth shut.

Inside one book I found a reference to something called Postcognition. This is when you can hold onto an object and tell what person held it before you and what he or she was doing. A person who masters this technique can also go into a chamber and see what had transpired in that particular room. I was told we were drawing upon the Force’s memory.

My Master knows how to do Postcognition, but is not very good at it. Surprisingly, the Grand Master has trouble with the technique also. I was told there maybe a genetic component to some Jedi skills. This is a little confusing because my dad can’t do it almost at all…but for some reason when I was younger my mom could walk into a room and look at me or my brother and immediately know we were either up to no good or we already did something wrong. I sometimes wonder if she has Force abilities and is just keeping it a secret.

After about four months of training I finally was able to perform postcognition. I need to work on control though, because sometimes after I practice that particular psychometry technique I can’t turn it off for up to an hour. Which isn’t the most pleasant thing. For example, when I go to the ‘fresher it can be somewhat disconcerting when touching the handle to flush the toilet. I really don’t want a vision of what the last person who touched the handle was doing.

I also learned never ever go to my parents’ apartment after I have trained using technique. I did that once and it probably physiologically scarred me for life. I shudder at the vision I saw when I sat on my parents’ couch. I jumped out of the seat and went to the dining area, but even the kitchen table wasn’t safe to touch. I was supposed to stay and have lunch with my parents, but I lost my appetite. Stang! I can’t believe I don’t have a dozen brothers and sisters!

I read about Jedi who could do a memory rub. Maybe I need to find a master that can do that to me and get these disturbing images out of my brain. Ack!

Entry 47

Ha! I was in a Jedi apprentice class today with Tionne Solusar about personal conduct and making sure our actions give a positive appearance to the public. Part of the class was about dating. We were given a history lesson on the Jedi Order and their restriction on attachment. We were told that this no longer applies to the Jedi, but Jedi Apprentices and full Knights who teach at the Temple were discouraged from dating each other for fear of the appearance of impropriety.

The Skywalker twins raised their hands and asked questions. “So an Apprentice can date a Jedi Knight that is not in a teaching position, right?” Jak or maybe it was Owen asked.

Tionne nods. “Yes, as long as they are not in a teacher/student situation.” She pointed at the other twin who still had his hand up.

“Are Masters allowed to date each other?” he asked. I thought that was an odd question. Everybody knows they can.

Tionne looked a little confused. “Yes, of course.”

Then the other twin shouts out. “So Master Dating is okay.”

I started laughing. The twins are doing a little word play at Tionne’s expense. When Uncle Luke finds out they are in trouble.

Master Tionne looked baffled. She obviously didn’t pick up the joke. “Of course Masters date each other.”

I bit my bottom lip and tried to reign in my laughter but I could feel my face flush from the effort.

I think Hanna got embarrassed because she stood up and left while scowling at her brothers. “So immature!” I heard her say in a snarky tone.

Finally Tionne realized what they were saying. She blushed and dismissed the class except for the twins. “Jak and Owen you stay here.”

Oops, somebody is in trouble. Better them than me. Ha!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Liked the Master Dating snark. I wasn't sure where they were going with it, but that was priceless. Oh also..talon..and the post-cognition..I'm sorry man. I'd be scarred, there's some stuff I still don't want to know about my mom.

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't think it helps that Mark and Kira like to do bedroom fantasy roll playing. [face_laugh]

10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thank god Mom is single.... It's not like I'm not realistic about certain things but I don't want it shoved in my face..*shudders*

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Years ago I heard my boys talking about sex. The younger one didn't think his parents did it. The older one said. "They did it twice only." My younger son said, "How do you know?" Which my older boy replied. "You don't see a third brother here, do you?" :rolleyes:

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Clever.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Blahlalalala. My bedroom is kinda underneath my Mom's and stepdads. I'm just thankful for earphones and iPods.

Great update

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So, how does Talon thinks he came from anyway? [face_laugh] :p
    Seriously, once I walked in on my father and step-mother. Fortunately they never knew and I walked out in the same second.

15. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Once I walked on my parents making out . But I was little back then and didn't understand it. But now for me it would be traumatic too.

16. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    [face_rofl] Oh, those twins. And poor Talon--postcognition does not sound so fun. [face_rofl]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    ote="ginchy, post: 50817197, member: 1192951"][face_rofl] Oh, those twins. And poor Talon--postcognition does not sound so fun. [face_rofl][/quote]

Totally. :p Entertained [face_mischief] by the enlightening posts scattered throughout by the other readers -- :rolleyes: :oops: [face_laugh] So, JL, I guess your postie this time was definitely a slice of life thingy [face_laugh]

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Jade_eyes, ginchy, Briannakin, Demendora, Hazel and EmeraldJediFire for reading and taking the time to comment. Poor Talon and his postcognition. I fortunately never walked in on my parents making out. It would be impossible to do so, they had bolt locks on their bedroom door. You literally had to have a key to get in or out. I don't think they trusted us kids very much. :p

Here is my first post for July. I thought I would send Ben and Talon on a mission.

~JL~

Entry 48

I haven’t gotten in trouble for months. I must be going for a record. It makes me a little nervous. When is the scat going to hit the preverbal fan? Nothing goes this smoothly for me for this long. I may actually make it to my next birthday without getting in the sleemo holozine tabloids. Well, one can hope.

Entry 49

I went on a mission with Ben this week. This is the first time that we have worked together without a Master with us. Usually my dad or my Aunt Mara accompany us because we were not knighted yet, but now that Ben is a fully fledged Jedi knight he was assigned a mission and he asked me to join him, which I think is cool. I need the experience.

We were assigned to guard Queen Kaie Indupar acting ruler of the Induparan Crown Worlds…at least until a pure blood heir of the royal line claimed the throne. If the Queen was of the Indupar royal bloodline she could rule, but the late King Odaj Indupar married a commoner so when he died a few days ago apparently without an heir there was a mad rush among the royals to claim the throne. That was until the Queen announced that she was two weeks pregnant with the King’s child. Fearing assassination attempts on her unborn child’s life she fled to Coruscant.

She requested the best guards and suggested that Jedi be assigned to her. I was really excited to be working with Ben. Given the responsibility to protect a royal made me feel like I was more than an apprentice.

I didn’t want to make the same mistake I did on Seylott. I researched the planet Indupar and the royal family of the same name. The late King had been a large man in this mid-thirties who looked very much like Prince Isolder, with blond hair and blue eyes. The queen was a local blond-haired beauty that caught the King’s eye when she was working as a teenage model. There was a whirlwind romance and six years ago, at the tender age of nineteen, she became his wife.

The planet has an interesting history. The world was within Separatist space during the Clone Wars. Later it fell under the Eriadu Authority, which was a splinter faction of the Galactic Empire that was formed shortly after the Battle of Yavin. Despite Indupar technically being an Imperial world under the Eriadu Authority, it still maintained its monarchy. After the fall of the Empire the Indupar Crown worlds became independent. They were not part of the GA, Imperial Remnant or any other large governing authority. From what I read Queen Kaie and her husband King Odaj Indupar were the most popular royals in recorded history. The Royal couple strived to establish jobs and schools for the populace and they worked diligently to end poverty on their planet. In the past the royals were known to tax the non-royals into squalor, but King Ojaj Indupar put a cap on taxes of ten percent and didn’t squander the money on big palaces, but instead built colleges and libraries.

According to the HoloNet reports the citizens were terrified at the prospect that a less loving leader would take the throne and were thrilled when they discovered the Queen was pregnant.

I am looking forward to protecting this young mother. Well, I guess I shouldn’t say young. At the age of twenty-five she is six years older than me.

Ben and I arrive at the posh Monument Crown Hotel where the Queen was staying. We were brought to her quarters and introduced to her and her decoy. Her body double is a young woman named Ema Aiti and the resemblance was absoultely eerie. I thought they could be identical twins…and later I discovered I was right…Ema was the Queen’s identical twin sister.

Queen Indupar was very cordial to us and I could understand why her people loved her so. She spoke very eloquently and lovingly of her subjects and her great sadness of the loss of her spouse.

The Queen was in a suite fit for a queen. There was a large sitting area, a kitchen, four bedroom chambers each with a private bathroom and a large ornate balcony with a spectacular view of the Coruscant skyline. Ben and I were told we could have two of the empty rooms. Ema would take another room and the master bedroom would go to the Queen. Ben and I would take shifts guarding her. One Jedi slept while the other stood guard within the apartment. We weren’t the only guards…we were just the only ones who had direct access to the Queen. There was a roving police presence throughout the building and outside.

Ben took the first shift and I tried to get some sleep…which isn’t easy in the daytime after I had gotten a full night’s sleep. Finally at dinnertime Ben woke me up and he went to his room to sleep. I went into the sitting room where I found the Queen and her sister sitting at a dining table eating supper. They both smiled at me and motioned for me to sit.

“Your friend already ate, but there is a meal for you also. We would love it if you would join us,” said the Queen. Although the Queen and her sister were identical in looks, I was able to identify her by her demeanor. She never turned off the royal façade, whereas the sister, when not playing the part, appeared more relaxed.

The food smelled fantastic. I sat down and dug into a wonderful bantha steak. I looked down at the food in thought. “Is this take out from the Manarai Restaurant?”

The Queen lowered her fork and looked at me impressed. “I am surprised that a warrior has a palate sophisticated enough to distinguish fine cuisine from one restaurant to another.”

I laughed. “My mother probably cooked this meal. It’s her recipe.” I gave Ema and the Queen a look of pride. “She’s the head chef at the Manarai.”

The Queen’s eyebrows went up. “That is an impressive accomplishment.”

I just nodded in agreement. I rarely tell anybody that my parents also own the restaurant. It was too much like name-dropping.

I sat quietly and ate. It’s not that dealing with Royalty intimidated me, but I definitely didn’t want to say or do the wrong thing. The Queen finally dabbed her mouth with a silk napkin and excused herself from the table. “I think I will retire to my room. I have some documents to read.” She looked to her sister and then to me. “You two enjoy yourselves.”

I stood when she rose from her seat. “Good evening, Your Highness.”

After the Queen retired to her room I sat back down and started back to my meal. Eventually I noticed Ema eyeing me. I looked up to her questioningly. “Is there a problem?”

She shook her head. “No, I just can’t get over how much you look like my sister’s late husband.”

My brow furrowed in thought. “Really? I thought he looked more like Prince Isolder.”

She gave me a light chuckle. “You mean the very, tall, handsome, blond haired, blue eyed Prince of Hapes who you look very much like?”

I shrugged. I guess I look a little like him, but I think I am much better looking. “I suppose....” I hesitated not knowing what would be the proper title to call the sister of the Queen. “I know you introduced yourself as Ema, but is there a title that goes along with that? I don’t wish to cause a political gaffe by addressing you incorrectly. ”

She smiled. “My sister was Queen Consort to the King, therefore her siblings are without royal titles. Her son or daughter when born will be the Prince or Princess until they reach the age of twelve. At that time they could claim the ruling title, but most children usually wait until they have reached the age of majority.” She paused. “So…please call me Ema.”

I smiled at her. She is a gorgeous woman. “So Ema…do you have a husband or significant other?”

She shook her head. “No, when you are the decoy for the Queen it has a tendency to making dating difficult.” She gave me a coy look. “What about you? With your good looks I assume you have a girlfriend.”

She gave me a soft smile that would have made my knees weak if I had been standing. “No, no steady girlfriend.”

She laughed softly. “I am surprised. I read so much about you on the Holonet.”

I groaned. Will I ever escape my ill deserved reputation? “I swear all those stories are lies, Ema. I am not the love child of Luke Skywalker. I haven’t fathered multiple extramarital children. I’m not a deadbeat dad. I don’t partake in bedroom dress up. I am not into domination scenarios. I have never had a furry fetish with Wookiees or Bothans. I’m not a chubby chaser…although I don’t have a problem dating full-figured girls…I just don’t specialize in certain body types. I don’t do Tauntaun play. I’m not the masked actor in the skinholo Hold My Lightsaber and I never, ever participated in an interspecies orgy with Killiks and Worrites…I mean how would that even be possible…they have exoskeletons and are taller than Wookiees.” I stopped and took a deep cleansing breath. I get so irritated when I talk about this subject. “I’m sorry. I get a little aggravated when I think about what the sludge media has done to my reputation. I just want to reaffirm that whatever you read is not true.”

Her eyes crinkled up with amusement. “I was referring to your brave actions in capture of the Coruscanti University rapist. I would think women would be falling all over themselves to date a Jedi hero such as yourself.”

Okay, now I felt really stupid. I could feel my face flush hotly. “I am sure women would be flocking all over me if I didn’t have a totally false reputation of having a carapace sexual fetish.”

She laughed. “I find your humor absolutely charming.”

I smiled brightly. I am really starting to like this woman. I know I don’t have a snowball’s chance on Mustafar of striking up a relationship with her—after all she is twenty-five and I was nineteen—but it is nice to fantasize about the possibility. “Thank you. I find you charming also.”

Stang! As soon as that came out of my mouth I realized that might seem too forward, but I was relieved when she simply smiled.

“So,” I said changing the subject. “Why did you and your sister decide to come to Coruscant? I am sure there were closer worlds that could offer you equal protection.”

She gazed into my eyes. “Talon, have you ever heard of H’drachi Seers?”

I thought about it for a moment. I did remember our Jedi Historian, Tionne, mentioning them once. “They are from the Expansion Region,” I said. “They are known to utilize the Force to see the future.”

“They supposedly read what they call the ‘time stream’. The more H’drachi Seers you have reading that stream, the more accurate the prediction. There are a half dozen seers living within the palace. The King didn’t take much stock in their religion. It was his mother who was a believer. She brought them to the kingdom a few years prior to her death.” She paused a moment collecting her thoughts. “Within hours of the King’s demise they requested an audience with the Queen. They knew she was pregnant before she even knew. They told her to ensure the life of the heir she must go to Coruscant and request protection of the Jedi Knights. Only with the help of the Jedi would the heir of her blood live to rule the house of Indupar. If the King’s cousin—a horrible man called Olaf Racine—came into power the seers foresaw our world slipping into civil war. Millions would die and cause a cascade of events that could adversely affect of the fate of the Galaxy.”

My jaw dropped. “Talk about pressure. If we screw up this mission the galaxy goes down the Sarlac pit.”

She laughed. “I wouldn’t get too stressed.” She shook her head. “I don’t know if the seers are to be believed or not. They could be completely wrong, but they did know about her pregnancy, so the Queen decided to take their counsel.”

I squared my shoulders. “Ema, I will do everything in my power to protect the Queen and the life of her child.”

Ema reached across the table and put her hand on mine. “I know you will. I have a feeling the Force will be with us.”

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I like Talon and Ben going off together. Let me see, though, a queen's handmaiden and a Jedi.... interesting. I like how much of a Jedi Talon is becoming and how seriously he's taking his duty to the Queen.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL first I enjoyed Ema and Talon's talk. Very comfortable with each other. And full of humor. He is charming. :) Bravo on the cultural details and import of the mission =D= :cool:

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah...that is a little nod to the PT. :p Hopefully Talon is not going to be talking about sand getting into his underwear or whatever horrible conversation Anakin had with Padme. [face_laugh]

Thanks. Can you tell I have Wookieepedia on my "Favorite Sites" of my computer. :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Caught up and nice to see Talon and Ben on a mission

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I just nodded in agreement. I rarely tell anybody that my parents also own the restaurant. It was too much like name-dropping

Really? His uncle is Luke Skywalker and he's worried about telling people his parents own a restaurant.

This might turn out to be an interesting relationship. I wonder what Zylie Karrde will think of it (sorry if that's the wrong name, I'm too lazy to look her up).

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great update! Loved all the details and the exchange between Talon and Ema.

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You know, you have a point. But Talon might have discovered a lot of people are more impressed by money than the lure of the Jedi.

I am looking at the Jedi as I would soldiers. People have respect for soldiers, but usually they are not seen as celebrities or wealthy. I would think a young person would be more impressed by a man saying he owned Studio-54 or Manhattan's Eleven Madison Park Restaurant than finding out he is a Colonel in the Army. Unless you are a senior officer in the military you are not making much money and families face long separations and the possibility of your soldier getting killed in combat.

Everybody knows he is a Jedi. They don't know his family is also wealthy.

If you had a chance to date a General in the military or an A-list movie star...which would you chose?

Anyway, Mark lucked out in purchasing part ownership of the restaurant after the Battle of Coruscant when it looked like the Empire was going to take over. He owns the Manarai which is the top restaurant on the planet and was once co-owned by Prince Xizor. It is a big moneymaker for the Tantiss family.

I admit...it is a bit Gary Stu'ish. :p That is why I don't mention it much.

And you do have the name right. Zylie Karrde, but she is still that annoying young teen that irritates Talon endlessly. Talon would go to jail if he dated her now. She is jailbait. Anyway, Talon still has to get his womanizing reputation that makes Karrde worry about him dating his daughter years from now.