main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How should Vader be handled in the series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    If Vader can beat Sidious and become a Sith Master at any time, why choose to remain the apprentice?

That part of ghost prison I didn't buy was him getting sick. It's my headcanon until I get around to reading Darth Plaguies that the emperor is some kind of immortal zombie lol. I know that TCW goes out of the way to show vulnerability in count Dooku- situations like getting surrounded by the pirates and arrested, and attacked by Voodoo on Dathomir. I enjoyed how TCW handled Dooku, but I always felt like Sidious was on another level, and intelligent enough to avoid such unfortunate situations.

Having stormtroopers used against the emperor is a good point, but they might have some fail safe built in to prevent them from killing Sidious (my speculation). Also, I always assumed that the Sith were only ones who could deactivate the droids, and it was out of the Neimoidian's hands. If not, isn't that a big hole in the clone wars plan? The Separatists could quit the war at any time.

Finally, Vader and the shaft do ultimately beat him. But it is at the cost of Vader's life. My theory is that Sidious was distracted, and didn't perceive Luke OR Vader as threat that couldn't be easily handled with Sith Lightning. He didn't even use his two lightsabers for example, so it's like he wasn't treating them seriously.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    1)
    Obviously it is still very risky. There's the guard to deal with and all kinds of other security measures. And then Vader was into ruling "as father and son" and not so much him alone.

2)
    I was never a fan of the whole Palpatine as force god thing. Yoda told us the dark side isn't stronger than the light and all movie Jedi's were fairly balanced when it comes to power, save for a couple of exceptions.

3)
    There are so many ways to kill a man. But anyways, if there are built in failsaves Vader could simply hire some mercs to do the job for him. Mandalorians or what have you. Vader has basically infinite resources at his disposal. If he really wanted Palps dead no matter what he could even defect to the rebellion and take a good chunk of the fleet with him. But I doubt Vader wanted to go to such lengths. Killing Sidious wasn't enough. He wanted to rule an intact Empire with his son at his side.

Not going to speculate about the droids but TPM shows that their programming is quite *******.

4)
    And Vader was injured and tired because of his fight against Luke. If Palpatine was at a disadvantage Vader certainly was as well.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Indeed personally I am always a fan of air to ground bombardment.

SithStarSlayer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  4. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    If Vader is on the show, I definitely want to see him portrayed as extremely powerful and not easily defeated. I do not want to see him portrayed as inferior to Mara Jade, if she is on the show. It would be nice to see him take out some powerful enemies. I think the common people should be shown as fearful when Vader comes along.

darklordoftech and Darth_Pevra like this.
  5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    THIS.

No visions of Padme, no tears in his private chamber... just bombad wheezing and force chokes.:p

minnishe likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That probably will happen but i hope it doesn't

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A vision could be interesting if well done but tears no, just no. Nonononononono.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope Filoni and others don't show us his face inside the mask like what Marvel does with Iron Man with Downey

9. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Nah pretty sure he keeps the mask on why they did for Iron Man was for totally different reasons

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I pray no-one from Disney thinks that would be a good idea.

minnishe and Legolas Skywalker like this.
  11. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I think they should take a cue from Marvel Star Wars here. There, Vader rarely directly fought our heroes, but was none the less the master manipulator behind many of the enemies they DID fight.

12. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Sparingly. Remember the season five trailer, when Sidious came down that shuttle ramp. You remember the crowd pleaser that was? Would it have had the same effect if we had seen him in action every other season like Dooku or Grievous? Somehow I doubt it, even if, or perhaps especially if, he curbstomped all opposition every time.

People want something more when they can't have it, at least not regularly.

13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Reading this makes me think we are going to see more Force Unleashed than Dark Times. And, I'm OK with that, as long as its done right...

14. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm okay with this premise too. It probably would be better for Vader to be the manipulator behind any enemies that the Rebels will fight. I'm perfectly fine with Vader being portrayed in such a fashion.

Darth_Pevra and darklordoftech like this.
  15. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    He should only show up occasionally and when he does show up it needs to be when the bad guys are going to win most of the time. I hope he doesn't end up getting overused like Dooku, villains like those 2 should have many generals that serve them that are successful enough to deal with the heroes.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Here's a thought:

13 episodes into Rebels, the rebellion seems to be picking up steam. All of the main characters are getting along. Things are looking good, they may overthrow the Empire. Oddly, this is only about 2 or 3 years after the events of "Revenge of the Sith". Canon-minded fans watching the show are going crazy. "The rebellion can't be this powerful! Their first major strike was when the Death Star plans were stolen at 0 ABY!" and so on.

About 2 minutes from the end of Episode 13, there's a knock at the door of the Rebel headquarters. In steps Vader. He kills EVERYBODY. Sometimes twice just out of spite. the Rebellion is set back to square one.

Wash, rinse, and repeat that formula every half season. All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    That would get boring and repetitive

18. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    That is boring every half season or so but they should totally do that once or twice.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    If we gotta have Vader in every arc or appearing often then they might as well treat him like Visser Three in Animorphs. The band of Rebels may have a plan that's going reasonably okay but once Vader walks into the vicinity even if he is just standing there, there is an immediate feeling of terror at his mere presence and that the mission is hopeless. Lame example but that its the best example of young heroes who rarely win the day I can come up with, which actually is how I'd like things to go with the band of Rebels. They escape with their lives having done just enough to be an annoyance or sometimes cause an inconvenience. They may in the best case come to a draw but that's it.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

So you mean like Grievous was done in the old Clone Wars series. That is how Grievous should have been (minus the skills that for some reason annoy some people. It is strange when I see post about it, but whatever) and THAT is how Vader should be done right.
    You nailed, Seerow. And I doubt Filoni and Weisman, like Lucas, would allow themselves to ruin Vader's Fear Factor.

21. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Seriously, watch the whole Tron cartoon!

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Vader is very marketable, so he will feature heavily (probably); even though I favour rare appearances, with the Rebels and Imperial officers speaking of him as a mysterious, shadowy figure with powers none of them understand.

In fact, the show should slowly build up to his first appearance. Have a few skirmishes and battles, with the Imperials failing to have a significant impact; then introduce Vader in the finale for the debut Season.

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I know ROTS pretty much established that Vader had been in the same suit for 19 years, but I'd like to see him make some tweaks to his armor over time. That was something I really wanted to see with Grievous that they didn't do. Any such alterations would either have to be merely functional rather than cosmetic, or they would have to be undone by the time of ANH. But IMO you can't establish:

1. Anakin is a skilled mechanic (PT)
    2. Vader isn't living up to his full potential (Lucas)
    3. Grievous could use technology to compensate for his lack of Force ability (to a degree)

but then not have Vader use his skill as a mechanic to tweak his largely cybernetic body in an effort to compensate for his handicap. For instance if Vader is not as accomplished as he is in ESB and ROTJ right off the back and is severely limited by his injuries, but then over time he learns to overcome them. Or even if he goes all out Tony Stark and makes different suits of armor for different environments.

I think the look of Vader is iconic to the point that you can't deviate from the look too much (or at least too often), but for instance if he has to assault Mon Cala or something, then maybe he made him self a special suit for going under water, etc.

24. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

That's very interesting, I never thought of the possibility of Vader having more than one suit. Could be pretty cool, if done right.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Vader should be Vader, no trying to sympathize. A terrifying juggernaut that strikes fear in their opponents, and even allies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.