main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Elusive Bliss UPDATED 7/1/13(SJRS Challenge Response. L/M AU): Expanded version Chapter 14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Apr 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    And how lovely is this?? [face_love] I love that they just said 'kriff it' [face_mischief]. And all it took was Luke to remove the black. (Oh and a ton of very enticing dreams... [face_devil] ) But I adore the new dream at the ending, with Mara being there to hold her grandson. [face_love] [face_love] Perfect!!

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes! FINALLY. Thank the Force! That last bit was very sweet.

3. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    All right! I like reading this again so I can see what kind of changes you made. Oh and reddish-brown hair for the baby..that is the exact color I chose also. Strange huh?

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks! Such kind words and a much better review than your first post...where I think you were a tad bit irritated with me.
    Yep, I irritated you. :p

I'm glad the later chapters were better. :D

[face_laugh]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was WONDERFUL!!! [face_love] [face_love] And I loved that last dream, great twist there. :D

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Hey Hazel, Demendora, Briannakin, Jade_eyes, EmeraldJediFire and whoever else is interested. Ginchy said she was willing to write a 'shine' for this story to be posted I guess over at LJ because we don't want to violate TFN TOS. But before she starts writing she wants to know what romantic situation mentioned in this story you would be interested in seeing written up. Would it be their first time together or an expansion on one of the visions?

7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    What's LJ?

the first time

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Her LiveJournal for L/M romance stories.

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The 1st time :D and thanks ginchy [:D]

10. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    The LJ belongs to all of us. :D

Nice work, J_L, all of it.

And ginchy knows my vote. [face_devil]

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    ginchy ALLL OF THEM :p But if you don't do that, then the first real one.

Hmm. Now I have to find my LJ login stuff.

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  12. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Me too. I haven't used LJ in awhile

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks ginchy, EmeraldJediFire, Briannakin, Jade_eyes, taramidala, newdawn12, and Hazel for reading and taking the time to comment. Ginchy wrote some shine. I have to warn you...read it on an old computer because it will overheat your hard drive and melt the monitor...in other words....IT'S HOT! HA!

It's not up yet, but I am sure she will let you know when and where to go to read it.

This is a short epilogue. It doesn't really answer any questions as to why things changed in the future, only that they did. I figure it is the butterfly effect. You know...the beating of a butterfly's wings on one continent can cause intense bootknocking on the other side of the planet. At least I think that's how the story goes. ;)

~JL~

Epilogue ~ 45 ABY ~

Thirty-two year old Ben Skywalker beamed with joy as the maternity nurse handed him his swaddled newborn baby. “Is he healthy?”

The female human nurse smiled. “He’s fine, Master Skywalker.”

As Ben took his son into his arms the newborn let out a loud cry causing Ben to grin wildly. “Listen to him, he’s got a good set of lungs.” He turned to his wife Norri and gave her a look of unabashed love and affection. “He looks just like you.”

Ben’s exhausted wife gave him a weak smile as she laid in the maternity bed. “I think he looks more like you. You better go show him off to your family before they burst in here and see me looking like I’ve been trampled by banthas.”

Ben smiled and leaned down and kissed her on her forehead. “You're beautiful and you did great. I love you.”

“I love you too, Ben.” She waved him off. “Go, go, I need some rest.”

He gave her a wink, then turned and brought his newborn son out of the maternity area and toward the waiting room where his parents, aunt and uncle and three cousins, along with their families all sat waiting in quiet anticipation. When he arrived to the waiting area his family quickly surrounded him while making the usual ohhing and awwwing sounds associated with seeing a newborn. Ben grinned at his father and mother. “I’d like to present you with your second grandson, Marcus Derek Skywalker.”

Mara held out her arms to embrace her grandson. Ben could see her lower lip twitch as she tried not to cry, but eventually the overwhelming emotions of holding her grandson was too much and he could see tears streaming from her usually stoic green eyes. “He’s so beautiful,” his mother finally choked out as she turned to gaze lovingly at Ben’s father.

Luke Skywalker was standing next to his wife looking ecstatically happy. He held the hand of Ben’s oldest son, seven-year-old Jarik, who was standing next to his grandfather with wide eyed curiosity. In Luke’s other arm he cradled Ben’s three-year-daughter, Kylen. The toddler reached out her arms to her baby brother. “Baby!” she called out.

“That’s right, Kylen,” Luke said to his granddaughter. “That’s your baby brother.” He leaned her in a little closer so she could see the newborn better. He then sat the toddler on the seat he just vacated and lifted up his oldest grandchild so he could see the baby. “Jarik, you have a baby brother.”

The boy stared at the baby like it was some alien creature. “He’s all red faced.”

Luke laughed as he put the boy down onto the seat next to his sister. “That's how you looked when born.” He turned and beamed at Ben. “He’s a good looking boy.”

“Thanks, Dad.”

“He’s beautiful.” Aunt Leia said as she sidled up to Ben’s side. She smiled at new great nephew currently being rocked in his grandmother’s arms. Uncle Han was standing behind his wife with his hands resting on her shoulders and grinning brightly as the rest of the Solo brood jostled for position to see the newest addition to the Skywalker/Solo family.

“He does have the Skywalker good looks,” Mara whispered as she handed the baby over to Luke to hold. Luke gently took the child in his arms and started rocking him back and forth as the newborn started fussing and crying. “I think he may be hungry.” Luke handed the baby back to Ben. “I’m so happy for you and Norri.”

Ben rocked his son in his arms. “Thanks Mom, Dad. I better get him back to the nursery so he can eat.” He turned to everybody in the room. “Thanks everybody for being here.” He then looked down to his oldest son. “Jarik, grab your sister’s hand and follow me and we’ll go see mommy.”

As her son and grandchildren left the room Mara brushed a tear away from her eye as she turned to her husband. “I’ll never be as happy as I am now. I don't think it is possible to be happier."

Luke grinned. “You have said that dozens of time in the over three decades we’ve been married. You should have learned by now to never say never because things always seem to just get better and better.”

She leaned in to her husband and wrapped an arm around his waist. “I keep waiting for the bad things in our vision to occur…the war, my death, everything.”

Luke looked toward the door Ben had just disappeared through. "I think maybe our son is the reason those things never happened."

"I do, too," Mara whispered, dipping her head. She had never been comfortable with the more mystical side of the Force even if it had been part of what ultimately drew them together.

Luke tipped her chin up with his finger gave her a sultry smile, trying to bring back her happy mood. “Don’t complain. All the good things happened.”

She chuckled, a broad smile crossing her face. “Yes, yes they did.”

He gave her a quick kiss on the lips. “Maybe after we’re done babysitting for Ben and Norri we can go on a trip…camping maybe.”

Mara rolled her eyes. “I’m getting too old for camping. Let’s go to the beach resort on Chandrila.”

He nuzzled her cheek and whispered in her ear. “Okay, but no acrobatics. At my age I’m never going to be able to recreate the magic of our original trip.”

She gave him a wicked grin and a wink. “Like you said earlier, Never say never.”

SHADOW_MASTER_W and Jade_eyes like this.
  14. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Great Epilogue

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Haha!! Never say never [face_laugh]

Thant was a lovely ending. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That was a very cute family scene! I'm so glad none of the bad stuff happened. Luke deserves to be naughty in his old age ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. jedi1952

jedi1952 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 15, 2007
    Great story. I love the way the Force kept kicking them into line and the end result

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Splentabulous =D= Melty and warm/fuzzy. Thanks, JL. You gave L/M the present and future they richly! deserve. [:D] [:D]

19. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Girl, you know I love this. [face_love] I will gush over it more later. The fireworks here are already LOUD and OBNOXIOUS even though it's pouring rain. My 3 year old is not asleep yet so everyone pray for my sanity.

ETA: (Fireworks still going strong but so far so good with the little one.... MTFBW us). Anyway, I love this story. I love how you expanded it. I love that the Force basically decided to match-make. And think of all the things that could have been different had this been the case. An older Ben, L/M focusing their attention on the Academy earlier--endless possibilities. I love the romance. Great fic, lady!! [:D]

I did just post the 'shine for y'all. It's on the Luke and Mara livejournal. I believe you all know where that is. [face_devil] (Spacing issues are about to be the end of me, so if you see problems just know that I have been editing the darn thing for 20 minutes). argh!! Anyway, enjoy!!

20. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    What a wonderful ending....with a little bit of spice at the end *grins*

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: Fireworks in the rain... blimey, would they even go off? :rolleyes: This version of events definitely is more wonderful for all involved. All the grandlings can get spoilt by both grandparents, Mara as bad as Luke. [face_dancing]

22. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    It's such a beautiful ending of such a great story! JL, thank you so much!!![:D][:D][:D]

Ginchy's shine, ha? Wheeeeeee!!! [face_dancing]=D=:p

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yes they do. They will even go off underwater as my children proved to me last night by laying bottle rockets on our pier/dock and shooting them off parallel to the water so that they hit the water and then submerge like tiny torpedoes. After a few seconds we hear a muffled explosion, making a burping sound, like somebody farting underwater. They thought that was funny.

Thanks for reading! I would have loved to see a happy and intact Skywalker family in the profics, but that was not to be....and from the Legacy Comics we get a glimpse that things do not get better. I sometimes want a EP7 reboot. o_O

You gotta love ginchy-shine. It was beautifully written. I forgot to thank you for helping me with the epilogue ending! Much appreciated! [:D]

Thanks Hazel, Briannakin, newdawn12, EmeraldJediFire, Demendora and jedi1952 for reading and taking the time to review. I really appreciate it. @};-

24. Darth_Neo

Darth_Neo Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Awesome, love it. :) Love the story and the ending.

Speaking of LJ, will someone PM me the link to the Luke and Mara LJ? I've lost all my bookmarks. :(

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm looking forward to your next story.