main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars #7: Untitled, part 1 (of ?)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Gorefiend likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hmmm. Sidious is curious.

I'm still struggling to say interested in the overarching plot (X-wings threatening ISDs is a bit much for me), but I'll bite being as there is so little about to bite on :p

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Kind of odd to see Palpatine give someone a verbal beat down instead of lightning or an execution, but it looks like it was pretty effective anyway.

kataja likes this.
  4. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Maybe this will all make sense once I can read all the comics together, but if the Executor is already active, why was it a big deal when Palpatine took the Devastator away from Vader? :p

TC

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    okay why is this called star wars 7? cause episode 7 is far intyo the future. palpatine is dead

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's issue seven of Star Wars, the comic.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Hm, quite protective this Vader. He is also watching her in her quarters, the pervert. :p

Palpatine on the other hand appears quite petty. Doesn't care about her work, throws a big fuzz about her rank.

General Immodet likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, but she's female, Sidious probably thinks she should be in the kitchen making his dinner!

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    oh i feel stupid now

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Here's a reason why this series is straining my interest despite the visual good-ness :(

11. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    "My lord Emperor?"

Why can't they ever call him Your Majesty, Highness? The tendency to address Palpatine by his titles alone is annoying.

LelalMekha likes this.
  12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, I was a little thrown that we didn't get a "Your Majesty", there.

LelalMekha likes this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Got that impression too... The guy really got what was coming for him in RotJ.

MercenaryAce and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Excuse me? What kind of talk is that?

A moff is the one of the Emperor's own, a representative of the Imperial government to the citizens of the Empire. He is well within his rights to chastise a corporate official -- an agent of a business conglomerate with its own particular interests, namely profit -- for attempting to take on the role of civil government. Perhaps in the Old Republic it was commonplace for corporations to act as if they were people, to occupy seats in the Senate as functional constituencies and thereby exert a corrupting influence on matters of state, but this is not so under His Majesty's reign! The Emperor stands for government for the people, not government for Kuat Drive Yards.

The insinuation that gender has anything to do with it is typical Separatist evasiveness -- I'm sure Nute Gunray made the same accusations regarding his filthy alien conspiracy!

[face_shame_on_you]

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Oh, but I was only drawing out traitors, you see, by getting them to agree with me. No insult intended, my majesty! You know I am a loyal citizen of the empire.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Your patriotism and initiative are commendable, citizen. The Emperor smiles upon you.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I live to serve, my Emperor.

18. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I enjoyed this issue.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    OK, where's your TARDIS? 'fess up!

20. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    I get all of Dark Horse's comics early for review.

21. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    The people look like they are drawn by Gulacy and ships look better than in a Gulacy comic. Best of both worlds.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Alright, so now that I'm caught up with #5 and #6 -- I'm ready for this one. With the untimely demise of AotE ( :_| !! ), Star Wood is currently my favorite series DH is putting out. As much as I enjoy Legacy #2, the classic era is still my favorite and this series is actually chock with EU references all over the place, particularly to the X-wing books and comics, so it makes me very happy. I like seeing Imperial Center, too, and Colonel Bircher seems to be nicely patriotic. Lord Vader may dislike him, but he seems to be a favorite of the Galactic Emperor and is therefore all right in my book.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG]
    What.

Valin__Kenobi and Rogue_Follower like this.
  24. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    I like that kind of art. I like Cam Kennedy's art too despite the fact that it's really ugly.

25. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Paul Gulacy literally does not know how to draw, though. Proportion, perspective, people who don't look like the freak results of generations of inbreeding . . . he's completely incapable of all of them.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.