main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What role will Han Solo play in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWars2015, Apr 18, 2013.

1. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    a over prestigious general who hates things that shouldnt be hated on

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd like to see a bored Han Solo at the beginning of the film. A retired general and instructor at the Republic Academy.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    You could have him be bored......then boom! something happens to corellia and his old ways start stirring inside him and he has to go. Leia wants him to stay. But he can't. He leaves his family behind.

He goes and either dies in the first act or is imprisoned by some new enemy and Leia has to go save his behind. But someone has already hatched a rescue plan ahead of her.....their daughter. She stowed away on the falcon and goes attempts a rescue. She is captured.

Leia realizes she's not just going to rescue her husband but their daughter too.

She seeks out Luke for help....if she can find him.

Ehh....I don't know about all that.

4. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Han Solo played by Harrison Ford should be one of the central characters in Episode 7, Kinda like the Glue that makes everything stick together, Unlike in ROTJ when Ford complained his character did not have a future, because he had no family, no ties to anyone and all of that, Now HE DOES, he has a wife and his wife is one of the most important governmental figures in the new Republic, and also happens to be Force Sensitive and possibly even a Jedi trained by her brother, not to mention, He will have Twin Children, one Boy and a Girl, ( no word yet if their 3rd child Anakin Solo will be written into this film) and of course he will still have Chewie by his side and the Falcon as well, so HAN needs to be key to any story in order to get this new Trilogy off its feet.

They could have him go into action to save Leia or his kids, I do not see it happening the other way around, sense he is the wiser, old vet now and his Kids are the bash, young adventureres who will get themselves into trouble.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Um...we have no idea about ANY of that yet. He could be a street bum begging for money with paper bags on his feet for all we know at this point. Let's not jump to any conclusions. You will only set yourself up for disappointment.

6. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I think Han and Leia may have at most gotten engaged, but I believe a combination of things led to him running off years ago. His new and growing responsibilities made him feel imprisoned and not in control of his own destiny any longer. I'm sure he tried as long and as hard as he could for the good of the Alliance and for Leia, but I think there will have been some incident that makes him jaded about the new system in place which coincides with Leia's time training as a Jedi occupying most of her time, that he feels it's best for everyone and himself if he just goes away.

By the time of Ep VII, he'll discover for the first time that he had fathered some kids and will have returned to the public eye to seek out Luke, Leia and whomever warning them of some huge danger he's encountered on his travels that is a threat to them and the galaxy. At this point Leia is Grand Master Jedi and seeing Han for the first time in many years does not affect or phase her in anyway as she has complete control of her emotions and attachments. They work fine enough together with Han slipping in some flirts here and there almost goading-like and the new combative dynamic will instead be between Han and his kid/children along the lines of absentee father and kid with abandonment issues to parallel Leia's frustration in Empire with whether or not Han cared about her or only himself.

And finally right before his death, Leia finally admits that she's always loved him. Han and Leia reprise "I love you" and "I know" but "I know" gets cut off by whatever explosion or whatever is Han dying. So he never hears it.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    His role will be faithful husband/smuggler

8. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I really want Han to be a divorced bum of a drunk in this movie, but that would require repeating his story arc and having him redeem himself by the end again.

Truly the focus with VII and onward is "pass on what you have learned" and I think that goes for Han too. It will be about the new characters, the new torchbearers.

9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    just as long as the new torchbearers are not 8 years old (sarcasm) Han will be an Admirial of the fleet and will die a glorious death or be ambushed by a resurrected Boba Fett rescuing his beloved.... but of course to some the orginal big 3 are too old now (sarcasm)

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe Han will say something like this in the ST: "Believe me, kid, I didn't used to believe in the Force either... but this stuff is real."

11. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    Or something like this............

Listen Junior, I have flown form one side of this Galaxy to the other, and back again, and Ive seen a lot of strange stuff, but I never seen anything like the force, it controls everything.

JainaSoloYJK and Darth_Pevra like this.
  12. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I don't go in for flipped retellings of original lines. That's cheating. Callbacks to lines from previous Star Wars films that are not "I have a bad feeling about this" are generally pretty lame to me. Fortunately, I don't think it's Arndt's style to just repeat other writers like that.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I wasn't going for a "flipped retelling of original lines" with mine... I agree with you on that. Mine was an original line that sounds like something Han would say in his later years given what he experienced during the OT.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  14. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    Well it would so what he has learned over the years.........kinda like being a liberal in youth, and a Conservative when you get older and wiser !!!!

Also in reponse to another poster in another thread that has sadly been locked, I must say that It is completely in the realm of Possiblitiy that Harrison Ford is not coming back to simply be killed off. He is coming back to complete a story arc and set in place a Potential Trilogy of Young Solo Adventures starting with the 1st Star Wars Spinoff in 2016. the Big Three will be around until Episode 9, They will have a

1.) A LARGE ROLE IN 7 because 7 is a DIRECT SEQUEL TO ROTJ and they have to set up the next group of main Heros....ie their Kids, Lukes rebuilt Jedi .....etc.

2.) There role will be reduced in 8 as their Kids take center stage against the new threat although they will have expanded Cameos and Luke may see Action.

3.) They will only have Cameos to finish everything off in a way that is promising of a continued Star Wars universe as the Skywalker Trilogies (As they will be called then) will be wrapped up but more Solo Spinoffs, and other spinoffs will be forthcoming carring on Star Wars FOREVER !!!!!!!!

15. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    "YOU ARE ALL CLEAR KID, NOW LETS BLOW THIS THING AND GO HOME "

16. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Han Solo will be the progenitor of a genetics project to clone the perfect soldier and end up founding and commanding the special forces unit known as WOMPRAT. But he goes rogue and it falls to his protege Solid Solo to infiltrate Outer Falcon, destroy it's secret weapons, and kill Han Solo with a improvised flamethrower.

Then Liquid and Solidus Solo come into the picture, and that's when things start getting... a little weird.

17. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I just wanna hear him say "Everyone knows I shoot first..."

18. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    I want JJ Abrams while he is working on Episode 7, to pull out the Special Edition master copy of ANH and alter it back to HAN SHOOTING FIRST !!!! George Lucas took a major dump on my childhood when he changed that, and he should have to see it changed back !!!!

It would not be hard to take out a laser effect that was never there in the 1st place......and while they are at it, he can take Jabba and Boba Fett out of a ANH, talking about shoehorning characters in for no reason, just keep the male actor in place and have him be a agent of Jabba, we should not see the Hutt until Jedi and not see Fett until Empire to keep the Wow effect of 1st seeing them............

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm not too worried about what Han is doing as the ST begins. I just want to know that whatever he's doing, he's doing it in the old rogue Solo style. Shooting first, preferring straight fights, and getting paid well. And even if he's pretending to be respectable, he'll still have the Falcon parked out back.

20. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, they would do well to give Harrison Ford a major complex role in the film since he will clearly be their A-List Top Star Actor in the Cast and has proven over and over again that he can carry a BIG BUDGET SEQUEL, to greatness ..........(See the Indiana Jones Trilogy, or any number of Ford's other hits..........The Fugitive, Air Force One, Jack Ryan, etc..)

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I guess that depends on your definition of 'greatness.' Ford's last true hit with him in a starring role was Air Force One, which was 16 years ago. I wouldn't count Indy IV in that category simply because it was riding the coattails of the previous installments more than anything. It was far from a critical success. He's not the big name star like he was in the 80s and early-mid 90s and he can't carry a film like he used to. In fact, he has been doing solely supporting roles recently (ex. Cowboys & Aliens, 42, Paranoia, Ender's Game). Ford will not carry this film - he may be a piece, sure, but he won't be the star.

22. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Han's role could be to die heroically. Remember Harrison Ford wanted the character to be killed off, so that might be the way they got him to sign on to Ep7.

23. StarWars2015

Dec 5, 2012
    No way, if they take the cheap way out and kill Solo off, it will ruin Star Wars forever................:mad:

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I really like Solo too, but there is a lot more to SW than him. If they give his character a dignified death, how is that taking the "cheap way out"?

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's technically taking the Harrison Ford way out...