main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Favorite Robot Chicken Star Wars Sketches (Embedded Video Heavy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 21, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, reminds of the the "certain point of view song".

4. feltak

feltak Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    Hold the Elevator is without a doubt my fav. We had a whole group of troopers doing that at Comikazee I beleieve it was and it was halarious.

Emperor Zombie likes this.
  5. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    How is this one not up yet...?????

(Warning: Language)

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I also want to reiterate that McFarlane's Palpy is a work of freakin' genius and, as far as I'm concerned, is totally canon. It's that good. He's so frustrated and put-upon by the universe the whole time, it's amazing.

That being said, I think this is my favourite Star Wars Robot Chicken skit:

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Aside from the Emperor's phone-call sketch, which has already been posted, this happens to be my favorite Robot Chicken Star Wars sketch:

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I love the reactions from Boba Fett and the stormtroopers in the background... haha.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    In my opinion, Vader's troublesome bathroom visit in that one is already something of a classic.

11. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    $20,000 Pyramid with Ackbar

and

Dr. Ball

12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Looking back at all these really makes you realize what an excellent job Robot Chicken did with Star Wars. Much better than any other TV SW parody IMO, including Family Guy. And surely better than what we would've gotten with Detours.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

The only reason I really mourn the loss of Detours: we would have gotten more Seth McFarlane Palpatine, which is one of my favourite things ever. As far as I'm concerned, that's totally what Palpy was doing in between scenes in Star Wars.

Even if the Detours stuff would have sucked, I'm sure any bit of McFarlane's Emperor would have gotten a few good laughs.

14. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Comedy Gold!

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  15. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
  16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Agreed. I think the Robot Chicken specials are much better than the Family Guy ones. Honestly they are the only Robot Chicken I really enjoy after season 3 much. The rest of RC is even more tired than Family Guy. The spoofy Archer did at the end of season 2 was awesome. I always thought Adam Reed and doing something like Archer or Venture Bros would have been better route to go for SW animated comedy than Detours.

Senator Kelberry and eht13 like this.
  17. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Got to post this one. Threepio reaction when Old Ben says the Jawas were only stunned is just great.

eht13 likes this.
  18. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    At least we will have our revenge!

eht13 and Circular_Logic like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hated the Robot Chicken sketch with Anakin going to his "happy place" and I've been trying to convince myself to give the series another shot.

20. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Agreed. That one was disgusting.

21. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    I loved pretty much anything with Gary. But the one I loved the most was Gary and the Ewok in speeder accident.

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, that was a bit much. I would recommend the series overall though; most of the skits are very funny and have very little in common with that one.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK what y'all are talking about, that "happy place" one is hilarious! I don't see how it's any different from any of their other sketches, especially considering how morbid some of them can get.

And yes AF I know your particular feelings toward that part of ROTS, and understand why you might not like the sketch, but you other guys aren't AF. [face_dunno]

24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

Haha, true. But I guess I'm just saying that I can see how someone might not like that one... but that they could still find most of the others funny.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    My apologies if this has been brought up before. I know the Robot Chicken SW special came out several years ago, but I was hoping to talk about it now as we wait for season 2 of Rebels (and eventually Episode VII). For those that have seen all of them, what was your particular favorite? I have the full set (three volumes). The dinner with Vader scene from Cloud City was my personal favorite. I nearly peed my pants laughing at the interactions with Solo and Boba Fett.