main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    If I thought you were serious, I'd take that bet. I don't care about any of it, except the twin suns--and THAT can easily be put in a new planet (binary star systems are everywhere)

2. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Twin suns or binary star systems as an astronomic or aesthetic concept mean little to Star Wars. I mean the suns Luke looks at in A new Hope, John Williams's Binary Sunset piece, etc. It's cinematography at its finest.

I respect the fact that you are fed up with Tatooine though, don't get me wrong.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I have a justification for Tatooine appearing: Luke likes the sunset!

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  4. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    I'd like to see a few dark side places like Korriban or Dromund Kaas or like Sith empire type places.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

that could be pretty cool. to visit ancient Sith/Jedi ruins. could act as a set up for an "Old Republic" spin-off also.

6. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    these are planets that the people who are not aware of EU have never heard of, id wager the majority of the movie only fans regard Tatooine as their home base in Star Wars. Wether JJ wants to risk another technological meltdown in Tunisia is a question tho? Also is it in the treatment?? This is where questions about what Lucas thought and what the team actually making the movie thinks gets very interesting......

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Movie audiences never heard of Tatooine in 1977 either, but here we are.

The excuse of "general audiences" not being aware of something really makes no sense at all. Do you go into any movie knowing everything about the characters and setting or do you get introduced to it over the course of the picture?

Darth Chiznuk and StoneRiver like this.
  8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I'm not interested in seeing the old, familiar places, but three things:
    1. The fact that Lucas wrote the treatments gives me strong suspicion we will see familiar planets, like Tatooine and Naboo.
    2. If it serves the story well, I'm all for it. If it's in for mere nostalgia's sake, I'll be disappointed.
    3. I like broadening the galaxy and I know that will happen.

StoneRiver likes this.
  9. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    as for scenes of a purely dramatic nature (rather than location) I really want to see R2 revealing the secrets of his rusty innards......I think we may see his projector in use a lot just like in Ep4..... him showing Luke his father killing the younglings (challenging the good in him belief) and showing Leia the face of her real mother (being killed by Anakin)

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm sure Luke and Leia are well aware of the PT's events by ROTJ.

11. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    .... She still thinks her adoptive mother is her real mother at end of ROTJ? Its just on the wookepida timeline and out of the EU (the timeline is all i know from EU) it was the item that caught my eye the most (35/36 ABY)

12. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Tosche Station is all the "justification" necessary for a return to Tatooine! I can hardly wait to see old-man Luke finally getting his hands on those Power Converters!

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i would also like a re creation of the unused scene that koo stark was meant to be in, maybe the young solo/skywalker kids could be hanging out there, maybe trying to get an old podracer to work

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The ST isn't following the post-Endor EU.

15. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    I know that but am just saying I like the ideas of the scenes, I thought some thought that maybe they would take some established EU scenes, just seems like something they could use and Ive always felt (since I first heard of the possibility of 7-9 in 83 that R2 would have a big part to play

16. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    What? No! If someone put "Leia thinks her adoptive mother is her real mother" on some timeline on Wookieepedia, they're either playing a prank or are idiots.

The entire point of that part of the conversation in ROTJ was Luke fishing for info about HIS mother; the assumption the audience must make is that at some point off-screen during the OT timeline, between the movies maybe and before Yoda dies, Luke learns that Leia was adopted by the Organas--and that she's aware of it, too, and that other people know. As if it's not some big secret, it's just a fact and nobody thinks twice about it until Luke's realization on Dagobah. It's the only explanation for his clarification "do you remember your mother? Your real mother?" Knowing now that she was his sister, he knows that her undoubtedly-brief explanation about her birth mother back when he learned she was adopted (like, the offscreen conversation. "Oh, you were adopted?" "Yes. The Organas adopted me when my mother died." and that's probably as far as it went) meant that SHE actually knew THEIR mother for a time! Here was someone he could ask about his mom, who he had no memory of! If, after all of that, she was simply talking about Breha Organa--then that entire chunk of the conversation is pointless. She's telling him about some lady that has no relation to him.

And it's one of the bigger plot holes in the PT as far as tying it well to the OT, because you've either got George's (or is it just fans'?) explanation that she remembers Padme "because of the Force", which is strange since Luke was the one who learns to access the Force much sooner, or you've got the even-more-ridiculous fan-based notion that she remembers Padme because Leia was born with her eyes open, while Luke's were shut (which was a story going around BEFORE the movie even hit theaters, I think, and is ludicrous).

The EU was kinda forced to delay the revelation of Anakin/Padme stuff to Luke & Leia because of the PT; once the PT was complete, once Padme's fate was known, they could FINALLY let the twins learn the truth--the problem was, the EU timeline was now over 30 years beyond the OT. So they had to concoct some silly reason for R2 to FINALLY reveal his hidden recordings of Anakin & Padme.

In the ST, I'm sure they'd have learned much of the truth shortly after ROTJ. If not from R2, then from Anakin's spirit. It's one of the benefits the ST has from not being forced to rely on the EU timeline, they don't have to play by the EU's restrictive-at-the-time rules about when knowledge could be learned. In the EU, Luke was always struggling to learn more about the Jedi of old, finding new records, finding reasons why this or that was the way it was... but, really, he SHOULD have been able to find out anything he wanted just by chatting with the ghosts in the first years following ROTJ, when the Sith were defeated and there was no reason to keep any more secrets.

Sarge likes this.
  17. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    she obviously does not recall her real mother only the woman that brought her up. I have actually seen now that its only to Luke that R2 reveals these images too (of his mother and father) I mis read

18. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Obviously? How is it "obvious"? Did you not read what I wrote? The whole point of the conversation was for Luke to fish for info about Padme before dropping the bomb on Leia that she's his sister & Vader's his--their--father. If Leia's just babbling on about the beautiful, kind, but sad Breha Organa, there's no point. Luke's hearing about someone who is NOT his mother.

And why would Breha be sad? Why would she suddenly be saddled with some injury or illness we NEVER heard about before or after? Why? Simply because only Bail is referenced in ANH after Alderaan's destruction? That's easy enough to explain: he was a Rebel leader. Breha wasn't. Leia was at a Rebel base.

Sarge likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hell to the no! No videos showing the past. That would open up a big can of worms. If anything, they should explain why he isn't in the same shape that he was in the PT; considering he can't do the same things anymore, that is. I would accept he's an old, run down and broken model now excuse of why he can't fly anymore, though. ;)

20. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    do not diss R2 :) Well if i was a broken down (very special R2 unit that had been battle scarred for 40 years I may not be able to fly either (hate the driod factory scene love the Invisible Hand scene and really dont mind R2 having tricks up his sleeve)

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  21. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    It was actually not long ago I looked up to see if the Falcon had bunks, there was some schematics in a book I found, really cool. We need to see that in the new films.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's quite a few books with schematics of the Falcon. Of these, the most recent is Millennium Falcon: Owner's Workshop Manual.

I thought it rather funny that it noted "a single shelf is reserved for Chewbacca's comb".

w4tkn, Sean Sinclair and Sarge like this.
  23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Was there a toilet, too?

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup- though you can't see inside. It's called a "refresher" in the book.

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    LOL. I had to look it up. Too funny. I can picture Han yelling at Chewie for clogging it from time to time, too.

Sean Sinclair likes this.