main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Maizel

Maizel Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2013

I think most of the planets that have featured in the Movies, games, and some comic books are described pretty well, mostly with some pictures as well.

If you want a compendium, maybe there are some books?

I know no better site for information than Wookieepedia.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I have no idea if this is legit or not, but I did a google search --> Set settings to "show large images only" and I found this:
    [​IMG]

3. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    This was always something stupid that I wanted to know and never found out, so I figured that I could get it easily answered here by you guys.

At the end of TPM, Boss Nass holds up this shining ball in some type of celebratory manner. I've always wondered what it was/stood for and if it held any future importance to the newly made Naboo/Gungan unity. I'm sure you all will answer this quickly, thanks!

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Wookieepedia is your friend for things like this (unless you want to disregard the EU, but in that case you usually won't find many answers anyway). Behold, the Globe of Peace.

Dredalus and Admiral Volshe like this.
  5. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Thank you very much for this.

Vthuil likes this.
  6. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Does anybody know if there is a list of the planets that where erased from the archives?. Apparently there was 37, three of which were Kamino, Dromund Kaas and Dagobah. Interested to find out which other ones were. Thanks.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's no list.

The first source to say how many planets had been erased, may have been Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force:

page 191:

Shortly after the Clone Wars began, Jedi Master Yoda discovered that the Dromund system was one of some three dozen star systems - including Kamino - that had been deleted from the Jedi Archives and was missing from commonly used star charts. Evidently the Jedi-turned-Sith Count Dooku was responsible for expunging this data from the Archives. So far, no records have revealed whether Yoda ever visited the Dromund system.

8. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Here's another meaning:

http://starwarsverses.tumblr.com/post/38371000998/the-ball

And here is an animated form:

[​IMG]

Notice that the official term is -- as above -- "Globe of Peace"; and that the strange mass of light concentrated inside the globe is in wild flux. Consider the applicability of that closing visual to the saga's meditation on the term "peace" generally.

Also note the colour of the swirls emanating from the globe: purple, blue, indigo, violet. A sub-section rainbow viscera hoisted high. Like lightning in a bottle. And the saga's "emperor" stands behind Nass, to his left, smiling pleasantly, with his right hand concealed.

See how some characters' gazes are distracted by the globe held aloft? It is like a prelude to the "opera" scene in ROTS. Note how similar forms are also seen in AOTC and ROTS as imprisoning devices (in AOTC, the device that keeps Obi-Wan suspended in mid-air, and rotates him, while Dooku interrogates; in ROTS, it's the handcuffs used to restrain Palpatine in that big chair on the observation room of the Invisible Hand).

The glowing sphere might almost be a tear in space-movie-time: a portal through which the past and future are folded into an endlessly-repeating present. We are capable of resolving pressing crises, whilst fermenting new ones. Intellectual and moral challenges can escalate. Can we always anticipate and address them in time and thus remain in a perpetual state of existential bliss? We have ascended several steps, evolutionarily speaking, but there are many more to climb.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain bullfrog holding a silly shiny toy.

9. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    Awesome post! Reminds me of a few theories about the Illuminati, and all that business with the US dollar bill, Bohemian Grove and Molech that I've heard about. :D Especially the part about the saga's emperor, standing behind Bass Nass, to his left, smiling pleasantly, with his right hand concealed. And then, of course you correlated that with Palpatine being held captive aboard the Invisible Hand brilliantly. Two lightsabers up!

10. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Apr 16, 2013
    Thanks. Quite interested to find out but I guess I never will. Apparently it was after Yoda found this out about the missing systems that he went to Dagobah and then decided that this was where he was going if things didn't work out.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Apparently, in Star Wars Insider 98, Leland Chee stated (possibly citing RoTS Incredible Cross Sections?) that Yoda had never personally been to Dagobah before RoTS:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dagobah

The Essential Atlas (page 54) makes it one of 38 systems that were deleted from the archives.

12. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Apr 16, 2013
    You're right, Just reread the Wikia page. Apparently he just passed over it but never landed on it.

13. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    Thanks! It landed me in hot water before, but I also recently said that the beginning of the movie, with Nute appearing on that TV monitor, is kind of tipping its hat to David Icke's brand of New Age conspiracism (lizard men). There is a lot of this kind of Illuminati-esque symbolism in the prequel trilogy. And for a trilogy so distrusting of authority and power, it's no wonder. Of course, one could argue that I'm just projecting that stuff there, which is doubtlessly true, but I feel there is a kind of symbolic simpatico at work which encourages this kind of projection and gives it resonance.

And correlation is what I do! When Palpatine is freed from his restraints, by Anakin, no less, you see him rubbing his wrists, as if to say, "So, that's what that feels like".

Anyway, thanks. :)

Chefelf's hostile, but amusing, evisceration of TPM -- "78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" -- also offers the following:

I may strongly disagree with his general assessment, but the "Boston Museum of Science" quip makes me chuckle. This is another component of meaning: the way Lucas pays homage to fancy boasting and naive futurism of the past. TPM is like an extended tribute to those classic World's Fairs and sleek "Tomorrow's World" imaginings from the turn of the last century. This, of course, is also Star Wars generally, from the 20th Century Fox logo down (or across), but it's a bit more pronounced in TPM's regal, pageant-driven discourse, where silvered ships, rippling display screens, incredible podracers, and vast Art Deco cityscapes are the order of the day.

Aegon Starcaster likes this.
  14. Sab Jo

Sab Jo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 2, 2013
    In ROTS, in the scene where Sidious is converting Anakin, why did his voice change? I know he was just burnt with force lightning, but his voice didn't really change until farther down the line. After he grunts & groans it takes on an echo tone with electronic reverberations. To be honest, it sounds like he's possesed, esspecially when he says "a powerful Sith you will become", it sounds like something else is speaking through him, uttering a prophecy. Are there any EU explanations for this, or has my imagination gotten the better of me?

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine's voice bounces around a lot- which may be him being theatrical. In RoTJ as well as the prequels.

16. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Wow, this is incredible. Thank you very much for this.

Cryogenic likes this.
  17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Welcome to the boards, Sab Jo!

With no film explanation available, I'm going to merge this with the RQT.

18. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    Wouldn't that have been a reason to leave the original thread intact?

What is the express purpose of this larger thread? Isn't it just meant for minor questions and topics that have already been, in essence, answered?

But to speculate, ruminate, and postulate... that's the primary function of independent threads, is it not?

19. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I think that's just his full Dark Side Evil Voice. It's like in a TV show/film where a girl suddenly is revealed to be a villain and inexplicably starts wearing leather and using too much eye shadow.

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    It could have been relocated just as easily, but I wanted to keep the new user's question in (roughly) the same place.:)

This thread was created for situations like this... to ask a question for other fans to answer, before starting a brand new topic. ICYDK, threads can be split into new discussion(s) if any of the random topics begin to pick up some steam.

Scrolling through the archives, I found more than a few threads that were under two pages, so I decided to create this... and while certainly not perfect, it has made managing the forum a bit easier.:)

21. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    If the Jedi have Younglings, do the Sith have Oldlings?

22. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    Well, the way I see it, it was a fairly decent thread, just starting out in life, with a runny nose, and a hopeful face, and you killed it. :p

Fair enough. Anything for an easier life, eh? :D

It may be best, in the future, however, to create some sort of index in the first post; who is gonna seriously incline themselves to reading page after page of miscellany for a brief query?

On the other hand, I suppose they don't have to. They can just pose their question regardless and get a response. It's a neat idea, but since that globe thread could have been expanding under its own steam, it seemed it got stopped in its tracks. I guess I added a bit to see if it would spark any additional ideas.

But ya, I can see your logic. I'm always a little sad when a thread goes kaput, is all. It kinda represents the end of a discussion, in my view. Yet, at the end of the day, it's simply a game of give and take, isn't it?

23. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    Meddlings. ;)

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Mercy killings are known to happen on my watch, from time to time.;)
    In between trips to the hospital? Absolutely.:p
    That is a great idea...
    Thanks for saving me a ton of work.:p
    I went to merge it last night a little after 10pm; when the OP thanked Vthuil, but my tablet timed out... then, I forgot about going back to do it this morning when I logged in to read my msg's. My work schedule is a mess right now, with my brother's stuff and the national holiday in two days, so I didn't even get online again till this afternoon. (Next time, I will make a note of any tech issues, so that no-one gets the impression that I'm slaying threads for no reason.:cool:)
    Yeah, its on me for not modding in a timely fashion... or, you can blame my wireless service.[:D]

Cryogenic likes this.
  25. Major Smith

Major Smith Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2013
    How did Anakin defeat Cin Drallig so easily, someone who taught 1000 of Jedi's and who was considered one of the best bladesmen in the order?