main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will there every be another X-Wing/TIE Fighter?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Slash78, May 28, 2013.

1. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I wonder if there will ever be another X-Wing or TIE Fighter type flight sim. Disney will want to put games out there. But I can't see them talking TOR type risks with many of them.

Personally I'd like to see a World of Tanks type setup were you start with low-tier PT fighters, work you're way up through the OT to whatever new fighters will be in the ST.

2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I would love a space simulator. But with today's market I do not see it happening.

3. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    Unlikely the best chance of getting anything like it is through battlefront 3 which will probably include space battles of some sort

Sent via my astromech droid

4. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    If we are getting Battlefront they better include the third faction If it's going to be the CW or the Civil War era. Mandalorians would be cool now that they appeared in the Clone Wars or some sort of mercenary outfit.

5. rincewind86

rincewind86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2013
    i dont know what you guys are talking about Battlefront here, cause Xwing, Tie Fighter, Xwing Alliance and the others are sooooooo much better then the starfighteraction in battlefron ever was.
    those games... i played them hours and hours......the feeling u got when recieved the medal for having found a special target during the mission, to fly the millenium falcon (or a smaller sistership) in alliance, to attack a star destroyer with your xwing.....
    those games....i just loved them.
    i dont care if noone wants a new one...but they sure should do a new one. or a remake..whatever...but i need more SW-flightsim games!
    GIVE THEM TO MEE; MEMEMEMEMEEMEMEMEMe

..sorry had a short breakdown here....but as you can see iam very hungry for a new part....anyone shares this view? or wanna know why exactly?

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    We weren't likely to ever see an actual continuation of the X-Wing series, as Totally Games had a falling out with Lucasarts, I believe.

With Lucasarts effectively gone, I could see the possibility of a sequel if there's a demand. The only real recent space sim that could spur Disney's interest is how well Star Citizen turns out. Maybe we could end up with an actual space sim...but I don't see them rushing one out now, so it'd be more likely to use the setting of the Sequel Trilogy.

7. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    oh man disney...it really galls me that they have their fingers on everything star wars now. not that G. Lucas was that great behind the weel but Lucasarts was great not thaaaaaat long ago! dammit. and what do you mean demand? do we have to find thousands like us who then write letters?

8. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I just mean the general industry trend has been away from simulators, since they're something of a niche market. How many PC specific games do we tend to get now that aren't RPGs or MMOs? If someone else makes a large scale space sim that sells well, they might revisit the genre. Until then, they're much more likely to play it safe and deliver games that they know will sell well on consoles--hence returning to the Battlefield franchise. They can also placate those who want to fly Star Wars fighters around by including them in Battlefront.

I'm not familiar with any other major PC space sims than Star Citizen. If it performs well, maybe we'll see a Star Wars space sim again (which may or may not be a sequel to the original X-Wing series.)

9. CrackaJones

CrackaJones Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2013
    I think they should at least re-release the games so we can play them on newer operating systems, i'm getting tired of booting up my old Windows ME just to play TIE Fighter and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter!

rincewind86 likes this.
  10. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    yep, me too.....and now i dont even have that option anymore.

11. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    Hust don't do it in an overused era. [face_good_luck]

12. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    You might want to look into VMWare (http://www.vmware.com/) or some other virtualisation software. It'll let you run any other OS on your computer without it interfering or requiring dual booting.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would love to see a new Starfighter game. Hope we can play the Eta-2 Interceptor from ROTS as an easter egg.

14. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    Elite pilots who were not jedi were able to fly them.

15. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
  16. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I've posted this thought in a number of threads: Oh God I seriously hope so! I used to love the HELL out of space combat sims, and the XW/Tie Fighter series was king (and not just because it's SW).

17. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Would love either an updated X-wing/Tie Fighter game, or even something not set in a specific era. Maybe a new Rogue Squadron game set Post ROTJ