main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 20 Characters I'd Like to See in Star Wars Rebels (With Poll)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheDarthTony, Jun 12, 2013.

?

Which of these characters would you like to see? (You can choose as many as you like

1. Ahsoka Tano

55.3%
  2. Shira Brie (Lumiya)

18.4%
  3. Asajj Ventress

63.1%
  4. Rahm Kota

31.1%
  5. Winter Celchu

20.4%
  6. Mara Jade

31.1%
  7. Admiral Thrawn

43.7%
  8. Han Solo

39.8%
  9. Starkiller

32.0%
  10. Kyle Katarn

39.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Gotta agree with you there. Assuming that their fates are left unresolved in the upcoming TCW bonus content, I would definitely like to see (in addition to Hondo) Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, and Embo reappear in the new series. With Filoni working on Rebels, don't you think there would be a good chance that Embo shows up? Preferably showing us his mad snowboarding skillz, or something of that nature:

[​IMG]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Embo being in Rebels would be just as good as Kit Fisto or Grievous being resurrected, which isn't impossible. Embo was my favourite original character in The Clone Wars, and I just hope that we get to see the arc from season six that he's in.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Grievous being resurrected would be stupid. Obi-Wan plugged about half a dozen rounds into him, one of which should be enough to kill a man under normal circumstances. It set him on fire. His entire organ sack, head and brain was burnt and blown to pieces.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, no matter how one might try to stretch the limits of believability, there's no coming back from having your head explode. Just, c'mon!

Of course, someone will say, "okay, then a clone of Grievous," to which I say, "then it's not really him, anyway." Besides, the guy filled his role, serving both Lucas' OOU story needs, and Sidious' role for jai Sheelal in the Sith Grand Plan.

All that said, I don't believe for a second that Jordan1 was all that serious to begin with.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Why isn't Cad and Hondo on the list?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol, I wasn't being serious...

7. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Technically speaking, we do have a Grievous clone of sorts in the form of N-K Necrosis, a droid built using the shell of Grievous' inanimate body years after the Battle of Utapau. Interestingly, though he began as nothing more than a stunt by Star Wars: Galaxies' creative team―figuring that players fresh out of Revenge of the Sith would want a chance to battle Grievous, despite his canonical death nearly twenty years before the game takes place―with Abel G Pena's "Hyperspace" article The Story of General Grievous: Lord of War, Necrosis was developed into a unique character in his own right, with a personality wholly independent from both the original Qymaen jai Sheelal and the rebuilt Grievous.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, Necrosis didn't come into being until after Rebels pre-ANH timeframe and his impact on the galactic stage was incredibly minor and contained. Even with that said, however, there's established precedence now that some manner of Grievous―even a droid that shares nothing more in common with the deceased general than a mechanical body―was able to reappear in the universe following Revenge of the Sith. As we've all seen with the appropriation of elements from Old Wounds to bring back Darth Maul, someone may decide to take a similar approach to Grievous for Rebels.

8. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I think there is a very good chance we will see Hondo, Ventress Ashoka and Maul in the Series. Ashoka, Ventress and Maul's stories from TWC need to be tied up. Hondo is just too great of a character to leave out.

I like the idea of a Starkiller who is portrayed more in line with the way the Jedi and sith are shown in the movies and TWC rather than the due to Game mechanics uber Starkiller of 2 games. Also Witwer seems to be up to do anything with the name star wars on it. He is definitely an actor who is a huge fan of the series as a whole(movies, games, books, EU) per the Season 4 commentary on the Maul episodes..

VanishingReality likes this.
  9. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I'm happy Ventress with the highest rating in the poll. She started out a little dull but quickly snuck up from behind to become one of the most interesting character is in Star Wars television.

Ultimately i want to see EVERY sensible TCW character to make a return for Rebels, alongside a new batch of characters.

whostheBossk and Circular Logic like this.
  10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Dark Woman in the Dark Times.

11. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Tweets about the series, tho, made it seem like it won't be some "AfterMASH" of TCW, wrapping up Hondo, Ahsoka, Ventress, Maul, or any other characters.

And that's fine... even preferable, for some of 'em IMO. The more stories we get with Ahsoka or Ventress, the more likely--it seems--that they'll eventually take it to a point where the characters will get killed off by Vader or some other enemy, just to make sure they're permanently out of the way for the OT. I also kinda love the notion of leaving their fates unknown... back before TCW happened, after the "Obsession" arc, I had an idea that I never fully explored of Asajj Ventress traveling thru the Unknown Regions with Alpha-17 as a sort of mismatched pair of justice-seekers, doing the whole kinda "Kung Fu/Man With No Name" thing, wandering from place to place, finding trouble, righting wrongs, Alpha being sort of a mentor as far as justice & 'right' and 'wrong' go with her as she seeks her new path. With the way TCW ended, that kind of story might work with Ahsoka & Asajj too, tho I'm not certain they'd stick together for very long--just eventually go their separate ways after setting some new course for their lives & perhaps, together, getting themselves new lightsabers, with Ahsoka trying to smooth out Asajj's rough edges in the process. Then Asajj might go back to being a bounty hunter, Ahsoka might give that a whirl or try something else, and then Order 66 with throw their futures into jeopardy as suddenly their abilities make 'em targets if they were to keep using 'em frequently & publicly. Could be some fun stories there, but I'd kinda rather it be left to our imaginations rather than rolling the dice with REBELS.

Maul... well, whether it was meant for TCW or meant for something else, I would like to see what Sidious had in mind for him. I really hope it's not something for the ST, tho. That'd just be disappointing. "Here, take a nap in this carbonate... you'll be awakened in 50 years or so, then you may continue with my plans."

Hondo--I would love to see him often. He's fun. Ally, enemy, always changing, but still a kind of chummy rapport with some of the heroes perhaps... he's always reminded me of Villie from the REPUBLIC comics, but a bit less annoying.

12. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Out of all the characters on that list the one I would be most interested in seeing in Rebels again is Ventress. In my view she became one of the most interesting characters in TCW and it would be cool to see her be a neutral character (where she sides with neither the rebellion nor the Empire and just does her own thing) in the show. My other choices are Ahsoka (mainly because I'm interested in finding out what she ended up doing after she left the Order.) and Admiral Thrawn.

Bliss000 likes this.
  13. Bliss000

Bliss000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    + 1

Seeing as Dave Filoni is heading up Rebels it's good bet that both Ventress and Tano will have roles in it.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes, more of this, please.

15. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Exactly. I really hope we get to see a decent amount of neutral/nonaligned characters in Rebels. [face_praying]

16. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    My current pet theory is that the McQuarrie Chewbacca (the early one, with the big eyes) will become a character in its own right in Rebels, maybe the Chewie/Jayne Cobb of the Ghost's crew, the muscle of the group. EU dubbed the species "Lasat", but hasn't really done much with 'em at all; whether the name remains or not, it seems like a great "McQuarrie" character to put into the mix, giving us a familiar yet 'new' alien in the group, and echoing Chewie without just being another Wookiee. I figure, if they do that, they'll probably have the character go around with his eyes half-closed, heavy-lidded, so he doesn't look all creepy-bug-eyed all the time.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I think it's highly likely we are going to see Cad Bane and Ahsoka at some point. Hopefully many more though like Hondo!

DatPadawan likes this.
  18. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    Yes please! Dave if you're reading I would eat that up and ask for seconds.

19. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Biggs Darklighter: Absolutely. He needs to be at the forefront of the rebellion! Great choice for a character.

Jax Pavan: It's very well possible.

Galen Marek: If the video games are canon, then absolutely. He's one of the top dogs of the rebellion.

Rahm Kota: Would love to see him, but obviously it isn't looking good. He would be a welcomed change of pace.

Han Solo: This would be great for backstory purposes on Han. Showing how he became such a great pilot, smuggler, etc. and the beginning of his relationship with Chewie.

Mara Jade: If she's gonna be married to Luke in Ep. 7, it'd be nice to get to know her!

Boba Fett: 100% sure Boba will be in the show.

Quinlan Vos: Lucas loved this character. Would love to see more of him.

Wedge Antillies: He will undoubtedly be there.

Maul: Only to see him finally have to go toe to toe with Vader, and have Vader kill him off, for good.

A'Sharad Hett: Don't know much of this character.

Asajj Ventress: Depends on if they have Ashoka in this, too.

Thrawn: Too early

Dengar: No thanks.

Soontir Fel: No thanks.

Ahsoka Tano: She'll be back.

Kyle Katarn: Would be a great character to have.

Shira Brie: No thank you.

Winter Celchu: No thank you.

Maris Brood: No thank you.

20. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Just give me Cad Bane and I'll be happy!

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  21. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Biggs only left Tatooine a year or three before Luke.

Wedge is pretty much right between Biggs & Luke in age.

Unless the 'teen heroes' thing is true, and Biggs left Tatooine a LOT earlier (and, if you count the deleted Anchorhead scene, was completely lying to Luke about being first mate on a frigate & planning to jump ship to join the Rebellion so the Empire wouldn't be able to draft him into service), then it's not likely.

And I'm not sure I'd wanna see either as crew members on the Ghost... although Wedge would seem the more likely candidate, as the current EU holds that he was a smuggler for a time before joining the Rebellion. Maybe the Ghost is his ship! I'd much rather see Wedge as a lead in his own Rogue Squadron show (loosely adapting the comics & books as well as telling all-new tales, all set in the first few years following ROTJ)

But a lot of this also depends on WHEN "Rebels" is set. Three years before ANH? Wedge is plausible. Even Biggs, maybe, tho it's kinda stretching things. Five years before ANH? No, Biggs should still be on Tatooine, and Wedge would be somewhere around 17, so he's still plausible. Ten years before ANH? No to both.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  23. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Unless he's killed in the TCW bonus stuff, Cad Bane is definitely a must.

24. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I think I would prefer to see Clone Wars characters and maybe a few film characters. Unless characters from the EU are needed, then no.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Jedi-Hero

Jedi-Hero Jedi Knight

Dec 30, 2011
    I'm gonna have to say Han Solo, this way we can see some interactions between him and Lando, Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt before the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.