main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Hello, just discovered this thread, SW and wrestling, cool as!!!

Before I start posting, can someone tell me how I do the "spoiler" thing please?

2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    StoneRiver

[ spoiler="spoiler(or whatever text you want" ] thing you want to hide [ /spoiler ] no spaces by the brackets

StoneRiver and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Agreed, great match, but I gotta admit, I didn't notice any actual head shots lol Nothing made either my brother or myself wince and say they're gonna get into trouble for that.

After watching RAW earlier this week I gotta ask,
    do you think Dolph is gonna get fined for the head shot to Ricardo with the guitar?
    Surely a head shot is head shot whatever the weapon?

and by the way, thanks Frank T. for teaching me about the spoiler function.

5. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Apologies for accidental double post

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I suspect the guitar was heavily gimmicked so as to not actually cause any damage to Ricardo Rodriguez. Otherwise it probably wouldn't have been done. Which is probably the difference between that and the chairshot Orton gave Bryan, which may not have been cleared by WWE.

At anyrate, the guitar shot was probably a way to write Rodriguez off for 30 days since he got popped under WWE's Wellness drug policy.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The guitars are usually designed to break apart pretty easily, same as the aluminium trash cans buckle so easily when used. I doubt they cause any kind of trouble compared to the more solid metal chairs (which aren't really steel but certainly aren't as brittle as guitars nor as flexible as trash cans)

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Found an semi - oldie on YouTube:

Keep in mind this MTV special was filmed in 1999 before Hunter and Stephanie were even brought together in storyline. It's amazing how much things have changed since then.

However Hunter and Chyna's comments especially in the beginning are telling. Tony Atlas' story is just sad.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    WWE has been named as a defendant in a lawsuit from the family of a woman who died after attending the 2008 WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view in Indianapolis. That pay-per-view ended with The Undertaker setting the ring on fire after his match with Edge.

The woman, 36 year old Susan Prim, told her family she was having trouble breathing so they left the arena. The woman collapsed, passed out and her son told the paper that her brain damage was so severe, she went from respiratory arrest to cardiac arrest and died. Her death is listed as a severe asthma attack and the lawsuit blames WWE's pyro after the main event. WWE along with the Conseco Fieldhouse, the Indiana Pacers, the pyro company and 16 other defendants have been named in the lawsuit

All seems a bit odd, surely WWE warn people beforehand of things like flashing lights and smoke that can be present in the arena during events. I can't see much coming from this tbh

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's possible that something in the smoke triggered the asthma attack (My mom has tarouble breathing whenever there is smoke from any wildfires are blown into the area by the wind), but this doesn't seem like something the WWE could have possibly anticipated. and I'm not sure what the Pacers have to do with something that happened during a wrestling event.

11. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

Ah, I see. Cheers. I assumed it was all head shots due to the PG thing 'cuz I wouldn't have thought a kid would know the difference between a head shot with a chair, a trash can or a guitar.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They probably won't, but it's done to protect the Wrestlers and not the public.

13. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    indeed. concussions. they've just tightened that part of the wellness up. Ruined my fantasy wrestling league picks (I got Fandango). :(

I would have still thought that within the confines of PG, and making it a kid-friendly product, all head shots would be off limits, but hey ho, it is what it is :)

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    .... There's fantasy leagues for pro wrestling?

Somehow I shouldn't be surprised, but yet, I am.

15. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Damien Sandow wins the WHC Money in the Bank match.

19. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Axle's still the IC champ.

AJ also retained the Divas title

22. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    Alberto retains the World Heavyweight Championship because AJ hit him in the head with the Divas title and got Dolph DQ'd.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Idiot. THAT was her big plan to make sure Ziggler got the title back?

24. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    It was a really crappy ending to what had been a good match.

Henry vs. Cena is about to start so the other MitB match will end the show. That makes me think there will be shenaigans at the end. Possibly Brock shows up to screw Punk?

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ouch, I hate when good matches end crappy.

Wow. Surprised Cena isn't ending the show. Yeah, I'd say possible shenanigans. We'll see. Any thoughts on who's winning the RAW MitB? Part of me wants to say RVD since it's his first WWE event back, but the other part of me things WWE swerves everybody and gives it to Punk or Orton.

26. Darth_Smeagol

Dec 7, 2000
    I'm rooting for Daniel Bryan but I can see this one going to anyone except Christian really.

Cena wins. Big surprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.