main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OFFICIAL Episode VII/Spin-Off Casting Rumors and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I am a fan of Sam Shepard.

[​IMG]

2. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Man in his forties, obviously physically fit, this one is a military type.

Thrawn!

I know, wishful thinking, but I wonder if they might try and use him in ep 7 as a nod to the EU, only to have him killed at the end and the real villain of the trilogy revealed. I'm not too happy about the idea of a major villain from a book/comic appearing in the movie as a one-shot character, but it's been donw before.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder if the two teen females are friends or something like that. If so I also wonder if one of them is an alien. Just a thought I had but whatever it is I think it's likely that the two are close. Sisters, cousins, friends. I think an female alien sidekick could be interesting.

4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I think the other female character is essentially a supporting character. Probably something in the vain of Lando. So she could be friends to one of the lead characters(not even necessarily the female character).

5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    That would be my guess, too, but who knows?

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Said it before, maybe here, but I would best on first listed female: Luke's daughter. 1st listed male: Han & Leia's kid. 2nd listed female: supporting romantic interest for Han & Leia's kid. May be chummy with Luke's daughter.

7. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I swear to god, if those two teen females are the Tano twins....

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I got odds on half-Human, half-Togruta twins with the last name "Tano-Skywalker."

...what? She left the order, dammit!

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Oh, so you have inside info on the Dramatis Personae then? Otherwise, you're just gettin all butthurt about your own straw man.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  10. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    It was a joke. I seriously doubt that Ashoka's teenage twin daughters will be in the ST. :p

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    No worries :cool: You've no idea how many times I come across rampant speculation presented as fact. *shudders*

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I would enjoy Scarlett Johansen as Han and Leia's daughter. She has the looks of young Leia and she has proved she can do action roles with a worldly cynicism that would do Han proud.

Gemma Arterton might be good too. I would cast her as a more idealistic young Jedi, maybe Luke's daughter.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Man, Samuel L. Jackson and Ray Park are STILL lobbying to be in the new films. :oops:

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    At least they're not badmouthing it. Everyone in their right mind wants to be in Star Wars :p

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Given Sam J & ScarJo are tied down to another big Disney property they likely won't have the time to appear in any ST movie or Disney won't want that (plus I don't rate ScarJo as much of an actress).

I do think an alien as one of the main characters should happen, Chewbacca worked well in the ST and Ahsoka was good in TCW. I'm not expecting the lead to be an alien, although that could work OK

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Just catching up to all the news and I finally got a chance to watch the last part of that video series.

My opinion is that Dom Monaghan is too big to be in the ST. He might work as a supporting character, but I'll always think of him as Charlie. As someone already mentioned I'll be thinking "You All Everybody" every time I see him.

Side note: Seth Rogen said he's more of a Trek fan which I find shocking since he was in Fanboys totally scathing Star Trek and its fans.

17. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    BTW, I´am curious who might be "scientifical type". It´s too general description obviously, but it suggests something that wasn´t represented in the saga so far. If he´s villain, he might be either corporate employee, anti-Force activist, or Plagueis-like experimentator...Hmmmm...

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I would enjoy Scarlett Johanssen. Oh, in the movie you say? Sorry, I'm still enjoying thinking about her. Saw Avengers in 3D because of her - and I'm unashamed.

19. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Oh, it looks like my post was useless, since I still falsely remember "scientist" instead of "intellectual"... Still, it isn´t typical description for SW character.

20. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    His name pales in comparison to names like Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman or Samuel Jackson, so I don't see how he would be too big to be in Star Wars. Sure, some people might connect him to certain roles, but that is even more true for far more well-known actors. Alec Guiness did just fine in SW and Harrison Ford had no problems being seen as Indy after playing Han Solo before.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. André Freire

André Freire Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
    Garret Hedlund.

Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
    Elizabeth Olsen.

Seventy-something male
    Ian McKellen.

22. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.

[​IMG]

Georgie Henley

23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Harrison Ford was by no means a HUGE star when he played Han Solo in ANH, which is the topic in question -- working in SW, NOT other movies. McGregor and Portman were also not HUGE names like today when they starred in TPM (when they filmed it in 1997 or whenever.) Samuel Jackson was finally breaking out after years of obscurity. Liam Neeson is the only actor you mentioned that was BIG at the time he filmed his SW movie. Guiness and Cushing, while legends, also were past their prime.

24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Samuel L. Jackson was a huge star by the time he filmed TPM in the summer of 97 as people had seen his work in Pulp Fiction, Die Hard with a Vengeance, A Time To Kill, and Jurassic Park. He was on fire by the time TPM rolled around.

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    What about EU movies? I don't read a lot of EU books, but I would be interested in seeing EU films, even if they don't fully comply to G-Canon.