main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wales Cardiff Comic-con: 31st August & 1st September

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stuey, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    Greetings lovely people!

Just thought I'd draw everyone's attention to this convention happening in the Motorpoint Arena (still known as the Cardiff International Arena or CIA to normal people) in the last weekend of August.

http://www.cardiffcomiccon.com/

It's the first really big convention in Cardiff that I've been aware of and it's run by Showmasters who do Collectormania. There are a few decent guests, including the usual Star Wars suspects and almost the whole crew of Red Dwarf (the Cat has pulled out apparently). Personally I want to meet ECW wrestler Sabu but then I somehow never quite grew out of watching sweaty men hit each other with chairs

If anyone is interested in going we could arrange a meet-up (I fully expect this thread to get no replies and leave me looking a loser :D )

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have tickets for the London version in July at Earl's Court.

3. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    The London one does look far superior to be honest, both in terms of guests and other entertainment but it will be quite nice to pop 10 minutes down the road and go to something half decent

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    It could be fun.

Loser

Stuey likes this.
  5. Stuey

May 30, 2002

Ha! You coming into a thread simply to abuse me, that takes me back. I'm getting a bit weepy with nostalgia

You should come down for this, I have a very comfortable sofa you can sleep on (I have an airbed too, but I don't like you enough to expend oxygen making you comfortable)

6. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Hmm, is the London version going to have the sweaty wrestlers too?

ps. my air-bed inflates by itself.

edit: Just found out the London one is this weekend so I can't go as I'm on holiday abroad.

7. Stuey

May 30, 2002

Such advanced technology is beyond my comprehension and therefore must be witchcraft

I bought an automatic pump once but it was slower than using my breath and seemed to use up a whole D battery every time I turned it on (it did cost me a bank-busting £4), so it's good ol' fashioned British breath in my airbed

8. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Just bumping this on the very unlikely chance some Welsh people (or visitors to our beautiful country) happen to see it and decide to come to the con.

I'm going on the Sunday if any of these hypothetical and likely non-existent people are interested

Yoshee likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I hope yours isn't as crowded as London was in the heatwave. We'd had enough after a couple of hours and headed back on the Tube to Richmond and a pub before catching the train home.

10. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    It was pretty crowded and quite a small venue but it was manageable with a good flow of people and space in the middle and at the sides. Quite a lot guests seemed to pull out which is a bit of a disappointment. I didn't attend any talks (having brought my 3 year old) so can't really speak to the quality or organisation of those but just milling around the floor (desperately trying to keep my wallet shut) was quite fun and I hope they put it on again next year

11. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Wow, I check back a week later in case anyone else attended etc and I'm still the most recent post on the whole board

In my (self-consciously futile) attempts to promote an event and bring Star Wars fans together I've somehow killed a message board instead. Oops, sorry