main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What planets or scenes would you like to see in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jason79, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ray243

ray243 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 26, 2006
    The most important thing is they take time to fully flesh out every new planet the characters have been to. The issue with too many movies is they often limit the depiction of an entire planet to a few scenes. Need a snow planet setting? Just give the audience a few cgi scenery and immediately cut to an interior shot. Obviously there is no need for the audience to see the characters walking about, exploring the markets, bars, villad and enjoying themselves.

Not giving exotic planets some breathing space is an issue I have with the New star trek films. You barely have time to yourself appreciate the exotic locations!

2. w4tkn

w4tkn Jedi Master star 1

Jan 25, 2013
    Where does he keep his Pomade?

3. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    this is why I dont understand the anti Tatooine stuff on here, its by far the most fleshed out world, has there ever been a Middle Earth style map drawn, nowhere really has so many different areas highlighted....Anchorhead/Boonta Eve/Toschestation/Homestead/Mos Eisley/Dune Sea/JundLand wastes/ Jabbas palace/Saarlac etc...

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If Han and Leia's child is the protagonist of the ST I think it would be a wonderful little nod to Han's backstory if this character's journey starts on Corellia. It would be a planet we've never seen before on screen and a fresh new starting point for the hero's journey instead of Tatooine.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The reason for the anti-Tatooine stuff is that people are finding it hard to believe that stuff just so happens to be there. I personally would rather the entire ST take place on Tatooine than have Neo-Sith in the ST.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    As darklordoftech said, it's because people find "it hard to believe that stuff just so happens to be there". Especially when, to someone who grew up there, it's the furthest place from the bright center of the universe. It's meant to be a backwater, but it's the Chosen One's home, it's where his step-family lives, it's where his son is raised by his step-family, it's where Jabba kept his home base, and people who absolutely HATE it there (Anakin, Luke) KEEP GOING BACK. "I hate Akron, Ohio... but I visit it every 2 years. I just keep finding reasons to go back there. Man, I hate that place."

Also, there's the fact that... we've seen it all. It's a big desert world. Dune Sea, rocky canyons & plains, Mos Eisley, Mos Espa, Anchorhead, moisture farms, huts, Tusken camps, sandcrawlers, Jabba's palace, pit of Carkoon... and it's all covered in sand & broiled by two suns. Been there, done that, FIVE TIMES (and even more, counting TCW and the EU). Middle-Earth has a lot more variety to it than Walt Sandy World. Tuskens & Jawas & the rather tame Mos Eisley spaceport aren't enough reasons to go back.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe Tatooine became more prominet after ROTJ.

8. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Are you kidding? Luke never picked up his Power Converters. Definitely major unfinished business there. Must have at least one scene on Tatooine. We must see Tosche Station (and I'd love to see more of the bustling Anchorhead scene); we need closure on the whole Power Converters plot line.

9. ray243

ray243 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 26, 2006

There is a difference between showing planets in depth and making stuff happen there. Just as much stuff happens on Naboo and Corusacant. I want to see the same thing in the PT, whereby you really get to explore the different planets.

But it is logical for Anakin to grew up on Tatoonine, given that EP IV clearly established his brother as farmers on that planet. Those are important narrative reason to explore Tatooine in greater depth in the PT.

10. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    What, people never move to other worlds in the Star Wars galaxy? Now, we THINK that Anakin hailed from Tatooine because of ANH, but so much of what Obi-Wan told Luke proved to be inaccurate... Anakin didn't follow Obi-Wan on some "damned-fool idealistic crusade", Owen never once told Anakin to stay there, to not get involved... why did any of 'em have to be 'from' Tatooine? Why couldn't they have all moved there, and the Tatooine parts are just as fabricated as "he betrayed and murdered your father"? Seemed like Anakin being FROM Tatooine was a surprise to a lot of fans, when Episode I was building up... people figured everything Obi-Wan had said was a lie. The only connection, back then, that Owen had to any of the PT characters was that he was OBI-WAN's brother, according to the ROTJ novelization. So Tatooine could've gone either way, but it would've had to put in at LEAST one appearance at the end when Obi-Wan brings Luke there...

...but in the ST, there's no built-in reason to go back there. For nostalgia, I'd rather see other worlds INSTEAD of Tatooine... Dagobah for the dark side cave, some event on Cloud City maybe, etc. But not Tatooine. If a twin-sunset's needed, let's see it on some NEW world with its own style.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You'll find that bashers tend to insist that Obi-Wan was telling the truth.

12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Interestingly, Anakin isn't actually from Tatooine. He and Shmi were brought there when Ani was three, sold by Gardulla the Hutt. It would be interesting to know the home world of the Skywalker descendants?

darthfettus2015 and Graphic like this.
  13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Ancestors, I think.

Though I suppose Shmi could have had siblings- whose children could count as "Skywalker descendants".

Sean Sinclair and darklordoftech like this.
  14. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    I feel as though Tatooine has to make some appearance in the ST just to tie everything together.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The long-overdue Battle of Tatooine. Preferably for the finale in Episode IX.

16. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, I meant ancestors. Thank you.

17. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    id love to see a sky battle on Tatooine to reference Lukes looking up at the sky in the original script. i do though want to see planets that have mentioned that we have never seen. I think there are 20 planets visited in the first 6 episodes, so how about 10 for the third, with preference to those heavily referenced before

Iago
    Sullust
    Kessel
    Malastere
    Dantooine
    Ord Mantel
    Mon Calamari
    Corelia
    Munn
    Mirial

18. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm with the no-Tatooine crowd - we've seen it plenty, thanks. If we really must see it again, let's wait until Ep. 8 or 9, just to give it a break.

Coruscant seems like the one inevitable location, being the Galactic capital and all. We may even see a rebuilt Jedi Temple, who knows?

Corellia could be cool since we've yet to see it on screen, and it's made to sound at least somewhat important in galactic affairs. And it's Han's home, so yeah.

Korriban would be awesome. The Valley of the Dark Lords would be a sight to see, and it could provide some really interesting drama.

I actually wonder if we'll ever see Naboo again. Obviously, it still exists when ROTJ is over and is included in the victory montage. Also, it's important enough in galactic affairs and the Skywalker family lineage that it would be conceivable to see it. On the other hand, it's so intimately associated with the prequel trilogy - after all, it's Jar-Jar's homeworld, too! I have a feeling the new powers-that-be want to steer clear of anything prequel-related. I can't imagine J.J. Abrams being excited about doing Gungans. What do you guys think?

Sean Sinclair and Toonimator like this.
  19. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    there will need to be some prequel related stuff to as there are a lot of PT fans out there, particularly the younger fans say 5 - 12

20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    You know, I actually wouldn't mind an evolution in various in the GFFA. For example, by the time of the ST, Tatooine could become a world that has more cities, less crime and no Hutt influence. Or perhaps the Sand People have retaken the whole planet. On Coruscant, the entire Jedi Temple could have been destroyed or various building constructed by the Empire could still be there. There could have been a massive battle on Naboo that left the once lush and vibrant world scarred on the surface.

There are simply a lot of possibilities that they could be taken with the ST, not the least of which could be showing how much the galaxy has changed since the OT. I prefer a dynamic galaxy than a static one.

21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'd like to see Tatooine brought back for a legit reason. My legit reason is that a desert planet is the perfect environ for training new Jedi. Plus, Tatooine is the Skywalker home world and it would also be a sort of nod or honor to Obi-Wan's time on the planet by being the setting for Luke's Jedi Order.

22. GrimStride

GrimStride Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2013
    I would like to see Korriban . A burial ground for ancient sith lords , containing immense dark side energies . Is that awesome or awesome ?

Showing the valley of dark lords would be so great . Maybe a force ghost of a Sith lord [face_devil]

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I want Tatooine back too.
    But i would like it when they show us Tatooine just at the End of IX.
    When Luke survive the Events of the new Trilogie and he gets very old and rusty, maybe he decides to die at his Home.
    Imagine a nice little Scene how the Droids burn Lukes mortal remains at the Tatooine Sunset... :(

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Come back Mcdiarmid!

25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think the problem with Tatooine is that we have just seen enough of it. It is the "Dune" of SW (bleak survival planet where Anakin had a rough time as a slave, and Luke grew up wishing he were elsewhere). Not a bad setting for those movies, but enough already. This is a saga with a whole galaxy of planets, there is so many creative and interesting planets and environments that could be explored, no need to go back to the same old song and dance. They may reference it or have a well-placed, brief appearance (which wouldn't hurt if well done, I'd nonetheless prefer not to see it again), but beyond that, it is wasting space.