main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Curry, Klay, H-Barnes, Iggy, David Lee is a pretty awesome lineup. Warriors should remain exciting, except I just jinxed everything sorry GS fans

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    best you would have done is bogut and one of the other two guys. warriors actually have decent people in their front office for once. i think the lakers would have much rather done that then let him walk to houston for nothing, but ultimately dwight's a free agent and it's his decision. also they might be reluctant to help an already good team in their own division land him.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i actually see bogut starting at the 5 as long as he's healthy, with lee at the 4 as long as he's recovered from surgery. which means either klay, barnes or iggy will come off the bench. not a bad problem to have.

4. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Any one of those guys could be sixth man of the year next year coming off the bench.

5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh I see that too, probably H-Barnes coming off the bench, but with both of them in that team is gonna RUN

Trimaj and tom like this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I saw some reports of Asik to the Lakers as part of a S&T for Howard, and Josh Smith ending up in Houston as well.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh, and how long until the first ESPN story on "Does Dwight Howard to the Rockets Means Lebron is a Laker in 2014"?

Note: They may have already run this story, I just have no idea because I refuse to watch/read 95% of ESPN/ESPN.com.

Darth McClain and LloydChristmas like this.
  8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm hoping for a sign and trade now. Asik would be a nice consolation prize for losing the Howard Sweepstakes. Or even him and Lin, as I've seen mentioned in other reports (but think is unlikely).

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lakers would be foolish to take on lin's contract imo. still lots of confusion about what's really happening. rocket's gm claiming that howard hasn't reached a decision yet.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Nah, they're still focused on "Will LeBron go back to Cleveland in 2014?" Have been ever since Game 7 of the Finals. If the Spurs had one, it would probably be the "Will LeBron go to the Lakers?" though.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ha! As seen on Twitter:

LA Angels of Anaheim to make an offer on Dwight Howard; they just can't resist an overpriced free agent.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    Part of me wants LeBron to leave for the Lakers in 2014, cause ditching Cleveland to stay with another franchise forever sucks. At the same time, leaving Miami by then might be the best way for him to rack up more titles, and...yeah I don't want that either.

BUT ANYWAY

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

I would like to say that I'm shocked and/or surprised, but I'm not (and frankly, no NBA fan ought to be either)... it will remain to be seen what FA's the Lakers can & will sign, and when Kobe will be able to play again, and what they could possibly obtain from Houston as a part of this deal. It will potentially be tough to watch the team this upcoming season, with a trip to the lottery as a possible outcome, but eventually, within the next 2-5 years I'd hope, the Lakers will rebound. So, despite today's annoyance (and the upcoming annoyances that will occur during the 2013-2014 season), it could always be worse... at least Howard didn't end up with the Clippers.

It won't be happening, Mitch.

15. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    It's kind of poetic though. After those epic runs, the Celtics get blown up and the Lakers follow suit.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I mainly want LeBron to the Lakers for the chance of seeing Tunick bitch about how awful it is to watch his brother celebrate a Lakers victory or title.

DarthTunick , Juliet316, tom and 2 others like this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    So Howard is 100% settled to Rocket?

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

All we need is Isaiah Thomas to come save the Pistons, now.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Like a bad politician, Dwight Howard is never 100% settled

20. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    AND THEN WIGGINS TO THE BULLS?!

heels1785 likes this.
  21. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Why would anybody want to make such a deep financial and temporal commitment to this clown? Seriously.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    You mean a smart one?

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Lakers should go after Bynum. :p