main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    What role would Hamill, Ford and Fisher play in this new trilogy? I hope they are not going to be portraying the main characters in the movies. And if not, why is it so important to have all three in the new trilogy? If this is about recapturing the past of the OT, I'm not interested.

2. Dr. Chaos

Dr. Chaos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 19, 2013
    It's important to have them because the main characters (most likely the next generation I would guess) will probably have strong ties to them and it is after all the sequel to Return of the Jedi. Han, Luke and Leia are strong well established characters, if the new players form powerful bonds with the three, possibly as parents and children, teacher and student, that sort of thing it's easy to relate to that kind of relationship, admiration or hero worship since a lot of viewers themselves will have fond views of the classic three themselves. It can help make the newer characters more endearing in the early going.

If all goes, It's going to be about recapturing the spirit of the OT.

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I don't think anyone thinks they are going to be the main characters, though they may have an important role.
    I also don't think it's about recapturing the past, but more passing on to future generations. I guess you wouldn't need them to do that, but to do it without them would be -in my opinion- sad. They and the characters they played are a big part of what made most people fall in love with Star Wars, and to have that feel ing of SW again with a feeling of nestalgia would be awesome.

4. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    FRAGWAGON likes this.
  5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I love Carrie [face_love]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  6. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
  7. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    So will the NDA allow them to say, yup I am in it ?
    Are they saving it for some big announcement at a special event coming up ?

8. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Hey, I thought Carrie looked pretty good in that interview! Why are people so hard on her? Was she supposed to somehow stay 23 forever?

9. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Just saw this on the Star Wars Comic Con Schedule
    http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/07/15/star-wars-at-san-diego-comic-con-2013/

GEEK Star Wars Roundtable Live! – 5:00 p.m. Room 7AB
    Sense a great disturbance in the Force? Don’t worry, it’s only the cover story of GEEK magazine coming to the stage of the San Diego Comic-Con as panelists convene their own Jedi Council roundtable to discuss their new hopes for the saga and the astounding developments in a galaxy far, far, away. Kyle Newman (director, Fanboys), Steve Melching (writer, The Clone Wars), Christian Gossett (artist, Tales of the Jedi), Jonathan Rinzler (author, The Making of Return of the Jedi), and GEEK founding publisher Mark A. Altman (writer/producer, Free Enterprise) discuss the return of Han, Luke, and Leia; the prequels; the end of The Clone Wars; and J. J. Abrams’ epic challenge as Star Wars strikes back.

Immortiss likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Troy Denning thinks so. :oops:

11. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    All that bolded part means is they're discussing the possibilities & potential of that--shouldn't be read as 'official' confirmation, since that hasn't really happened yet (even if it is pretty much inevitable)

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If anything I would say it's interesting that they didn't put the word possible in there. :p

Immortiss likes this.
  13. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    i am! - btw its a SEQUEL!!!!!

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I can't wait for them to be officially confirmed because once they can actually talk about it and are brought together we'll be seeing more of these hilarious little videos. I can't wait. :p Eight more days to CEII!

16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  17. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Loving his little conspiratorial wink at the end of that video.

Sarge, Immortiss, TheBBP and 2 others like this.
  18. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Oh my god, I'm such a child. This kind of stuff gets me sooo excited! I feel like I'm six years old again, when I first saw the ROTJ trailer on television. How can anyone *not* want the big 3 back?? That's what makes it a *true* sequel! The first time we get to see all three of them do a joint interview about this, I'm afraid my head is going to explode. :)

19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Ahhh, I love it! He is so coming back for Han Solo! :cool:

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    So, now where's the Hamill video? :D

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  21. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  22. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Yeah, they'll be back. In some capacity, they'll be back.

23. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    Hope we get confirmation at CE2 that would be cool. All the inevitable interviews (when the actors can actually talk about their roles) will tide us over for months! Can't wait

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  24. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Not only is it a sequel but it is a Saga about a family. How can anyone not want the Skywalkers in it! Incidentally, it was said that if the actors did not want to be in it then their characters would be written out. This hints at a much less active role than in the OT.

25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Right. We would like to have you, but if you're not interested your character is not integral to the story. On the other hand, if you WANT to make multiple millions of dollars, you're welcome to do so. Ummm...this is really a no brainer.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.