main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Iconic Images: Favorite visuals of the PT

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 4, 2013.

1. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Your images makes me think of this:
    [​IMG]
    It's Anakin lost within the vastness of Coruscant. I've always wondered if it's a coincidence that there are four lamps and that they turn on just before Padmé joins Anakin. Light symbolizes life and with both Anakin und Padmé as well as their unborn twins it would make sense.
    Then there is this fountain as a source of life in the middle of it...

I also love this:
    [​IMG]
    I remember Joss Whedon calling it the most powerful moment (or something similar) since he first saw the opening sequence of ANH.
    I don't think there is a better way to show that the Republic is gone and it's a dictatorsip now. Palpatine holds the senate in the palm of his hand.

2. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    Haven't watched any for a long time so I'm going on memory here, I would also post pictures but can't find any of good enough quality, so it's just a list. A list of not visual things but what I believe are iconic moments.

• Maul & Sidious side by side whilst talking to the Trade Federation - The enemy has been revealed
    • Anakin standing in front of the Jedi - The future of the Jedi Order unknowingly being decided.
    • The Senate Scene in AOTC - All those Jedi Masters in the same room as there enemy and not knowing his true identity.
    • Geonosis Battle Scene - The Jedi surrounded and helpless, being saved by the same clones that would later betray them.
    • The Opera Scene - Anakin being seduced as the Sith begin to tie up the loose ends.
    • Obi-Wan & Anakin's farewell - The last time you see them as friends.
    • Ki-Adi Mundi's death scene - The look on his face as he realizes that the Jedi have been betrayed.
    • Yoda vs Sidious (when there on the pod as it goes up into the senate) - The 2 true Grand Masters of their order going one on one in the grandest of places and battles.
    • Vader (As he looks out on the balcony after killing the separatists) - The look of conflict on his face between good and evil.
    • Yoda Meditating - Yoda begins to understand where the Jedi went wrong and what lessons they have to learn if they want to succeed.
    • Sidious & Vader looking at the death star - After all this time Sidious has finally achieved his goal.
    • Owen & Beru holding Luke looking at the moons - The future of the Jedi Order and peace in the galaxy.

Samnz and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    TPM
    • The first shot of the two jedi with there hoods up.
    • Qui Gon kneeling while waiting for the laser wall to come down, there is just something samurai about him doing that and it looks cool with Obi-wan bouncing on his toes and Maul pacing in anticipation.
    AOTC:
    • Anakin Meditating on Naboo. It foreshadows the OT shots of Vader doing the same thing on star destroyers
    • Mace holding his saber at Jango's throat in the arena
    • the close up of Anakin's Robotic hand
    ROTS(this will be my longest as this was movie had the best little visual moments:
    • Obi-wan and Anakin attacking the droids in the elevator and ending with the same move. Shows how one trained the other.
    • The scene between Anakin and Yoda in the room with the shutters. Yoda in this scene is the best CGI they did in the prequels. The darkness from the shadow and the light coming through look great.
    • the scene with Anakin and Padme staring at each others buildings before Anakin goes to save Palpatine. this was a combo of great visuals and perfect score and no dialouge
    • Vader leading the Clones into the Jedi temple.
    • Bail, Obi-wan and Yoda walking down a familiar hallway Tantive IV
    • Anakin contemplating what he has done on Mustafar, again great visual, Anakin tears show he has some remorse,great music and no dialouge.
    • Obi-wan igniting his saber to start the duel.
    • finally, Owen and Beru looking over a binary sunset or sunrise(can't tell which) after Obi-wan gives baby Luke to them.

4. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    My favourite part of the Battle of Geonosis was when the Republic Gun Ships swooped down to form a permieter so the surviving Jedi could escape. I thought "Whoa" (and still do!)

[​IMG]

5. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    [​IMG]
    This photo is breathtaking and one of my favorite visuals of the PT, and I love C3PO and R2D2 are looking on at the wedding knowing that are witnessing something that they needs to keep their mouth's shut about!

6. Samnz

Sep 4, 2012
    In that regard it's interesting to note that R2-D2 and C-3PO are in some way "blocking" the light of the sun on the right side of the image. There is the couple, the keepers of the secret and the public that is not allowed to know...
    There is another shot following that one which I adore too:
    [​IMG]
    It's just a beautiful image with the lovers holding hands and that feeling of melancholy which is conveyed by the sunset and Padmé's expression especially. I once even speculated or suggested that there is a heart to be seen - formed by Padmé, Anakin and the leaves...[face_thinking]

7. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    And the mystery witness I always find intriguing. Gorgeous scene....and the MUSIC!

8. Master Fisto

Master Fisto Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2013
    [​IMG]
    This,
    [​IMG]
    This,
    [​IMG]
    And this,
    [​IMG]

9. WatTamborWoo

Jan 22, 2011
    Although the PT aesthetic was "space nouveaux", here is some retro art from ROTS (Polis Massa):

[​IMG]

10. WatTamborWoo

Jan 22, 2011
    And a memorable opening scene involving the Radiant VII (it makes me think about what the opening scene of Episode VII will be like!):

[​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk and FRAGWAGON like this.
  11. Samnz

Sep 4, 2012
    This is not necessarily one of my favourite visuals but I can't find a better place so I put it here:
    [​IMG]
    I've just noticed that in this shot there is Palpatine on one side and basically all of his (political )opponents on the other side. There is Padmé who kind of represents democracy in the PT, when Palpatine gets stronger she gets weaker. There is Mace Windu whose death the beginning of Order 66. There is Ki-Adi Mundi who (at least to me) personified Order 66 (with his shocked expression when the Clones turn on him). There is Bail Organa who goes on to be one of the last supporters of the Jedi in and fighters for freedom Episode III . And then there is Yoda whose loss in the lighsaber fight was Palpatine's last step to tyranny.
    I like this.

12. Master Jedi Macen Arren

Master Jedi Macen Arren Jedi Master star 2

Apr 16, 2013
    This was one of the pictures that I wanted but couldn't find. I think it's really good at pointing out that all those Jedi Masters in the same room as Palpatine but yet none of them know his true identity and that he is the Sith Lord they are looking for. Great Picture.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    beautiful imagery

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Anakin's immolation is so incredibly powerful and tragic that I must mention it among the greatest visuals of not just the PT but the saga as a whole. I don't think the films could have shown better the price of evil that Anakin pays. It still gives me chills every time I watch it.
    [​IMG]

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The spin-around shot for "I sense great fear in you Skywalker. You have hate, you have anger, but you don't use them." basically you can only see Anakin's eyes as the camera spins around him and they're just lazer-focused on Dooku, making Anakin look very much like a coiled spring at the moment.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  16. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Can you see how these moments are paralleled?

Ellipses, rostrums, fountains, phallic objects, dark-winged angel's arms reaching to the heavens, etc.

"The Republic will be reorganized into the First Galactic Empire"

minnishe likes this.
  17. Keltoi89

Keltoi89 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2013
    Apologies for the piss poor image quality folks. But, nonetheless, here's a few of my favourite visuals from the PT. Some are a bit random, but I like them all for different reasons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    Image quality is good (just a little "hot").

And wow, Keltoi, you have an eye! Seriously.

That's a great selection. Really, really great.

Very balanced images that tell a story of their own -- I can sense the galaxy changing through them.

I notice there's a lot of visual stuff going on there concerning phallic objects -- ramps, levers, people, pillars, buildings, etc.

What a trilogy this is!

Samnz and Keltoi89 like this.
  19. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    When Obiwan is flying into Kamino and we get the first look at city in the rain.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I love the shots in ROTS when Anakin is small in the frame, there's a big, wide universe going on out there, and even though he's all Chosen One-ish he still feels helpless and small. That's very much the 2nd image. The first one is destiny blasting off ahead of him (when Windu and the Jedi posse take off) and he's hanging back in his old life, for just a little bit longer.

Darth Chiznuk and Samnz like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The three faces of Palpatine...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love how as the PT progresses we see less and less of Darth Sidious and Palpatine as separate characters because to me it feels like symbolically the two personalities are merging. In TPM we see a Palpatine who is obviously ambitious but also genuinely concerned about his planets plight and then we see the evil mastermind of Darth Sidious who cares little for the concerns of lesser beings. Their personalities couldn't be more different IMO. AOTC feels like the cocoon state for Palpatine as more of Darth Sidious' personality begins to emerge through the facade and I think his pale face drained of all color is symbolic of this transformation. And then in ROTS after the battle with Windu not only is his face completely transformed but Sidious breaks free of the shell that was Palpatine and is finally revealed fully formed.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

minnishe likes this.
  23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That was an homage to 2001.

[​IMG]

Despite the DNR, it's always worthy to appreciate the restoration they made to TPM.

24. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    And what a beautiful way to introduce the jedi.

25. Cryogenic

Jul 20, 2005
    Palpatine is very weathered-looking in AOTC. I guess running a Republic and trying to subvert it at the same time would task just about anyone. AOTC may actually represent the most complex and convoluted part of his takeover, so maybe it's no wonder we see him falling apart at the seams. But once the Clone Wars are underway and Palpatine has his beloved emergency powers, he sort of gains a second wind, returning to a healthier appearance in the first half of ROTS. Then the transformation clarifies who, or what, we're really dealing with. Maybe a small infusion of the Dark Side is good for you (poisonous substances are often useful, and sometimes essential, in small doses), but a mega OD like expelled lightning, reflected back onto the ol' kisser, will do a real number on you. Pretty cool!