main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub X-wing Series Fan Club: Home of the Dancing Gamorrean

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi-Knight-Corran, Jul 12, 2004.

1. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Two of my favorite things in one little package. [face_blush]

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    So many good points! I am spamming with the likes!

Female pilot-smuggler-intel people? Or is that too many hyphens?

(Please forgive any strange/silliness from me. I just woke up after going to bed at 5.00am. Oops.)

3. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    All these ideas are good. So many characters, so many opportunities to give us more in depth about them.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Nothing wrong with that Katana_Sundancer. There does need to be more non-force sensitive people though. As much as I love Jedi and Sith there needs to be more non force people. Jedi and Sith are important but shouldn't be too important. Am I the only one that hated that Rogue Squadron was the Jedi squadron in Bloodlines? One or two Jedi is fine but no more.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Gavin Darklighter had plenty of kids. Surprised none of them are flying now.

6. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Thanks @ForceSmuggler. And yeah, some more awesome people without the Force need the focus! Wedge and Tycho, look what they could do, without the Force!

I don't remember that from Bloodlines... But it's been a long time since I read it...

THIS. I want Darklighter spawn stories so much! I'm even writing some! (Five children - three boys, two girls. Y U NO USE?)

Runjedirun and Force Smuggler like this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    You're welcome! Indeed! We need to see more of Syal and Myri as well. Jaina, Jacen, Zekk, Lowie, Tesar were all in Rogue Squadron in LOTF. Not cool. Should have brought back Twin Suns.

8. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Oh, yes. Syal and Myri, two of my faves (the awesomesauce daughters of Wedge and Iella Antilles, yes please, more please, thank you Mr Allston).

Wow. Not cool indeed.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    I noticed they turned the Rogues into a Jedi squadron too. It felt wrong. I agree they should have been in Twin Suns.

Seems like in one book, don't remember which, one of the Antilles girls was thinking back to some lessons Wedge had given them. He was telling her that they have to train harder to be quicker and sharper, especially to be able to potentially outfly a force user, ally or enemy. Am I remembering this correctly or not?

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Jedi will get the benefit of everything. You need to train extra hard to be their equal but if you do you can look them straight in the eye and say that that they did not need a crutch. Betrayal.

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  11. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    Thanks. I remember that now. :D

His lesson is true. Wedge can look any Jedi in the eye as an equal. Superior to many.

12. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    And he isn't afraid to say "No....you're wrong" :p

13. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    Aaand I'm back. Yay changing work schedules. I agree that we need more characters. I'd like to see "Kirney" and Myn's kids explored. She got Piggy to promise that he would NEVER recruit her children. That doesn't mean they won't join up on their own...

Plus, I'd love to see what their life was like. Also, what happpened with Face and Dia having a kid, and Dia leaving the squadron.

Also, If anyone's written a oneshot in which Booster is babysitting Syal/Myri I would absolutely read that. (There should be a line in there about how Iella was CorSec. I was surprised he never remarked on it)

14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think we'll be seeing Myn and Lara's kids, found a fanfic with them, but I wasn't too impressed.

I think Booster was too concerned with his daughters husband's past to worry about who Wedge married.

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    While we're on the topic of new characters, what if karrde had a daughter?

Sent from a wireless cantaloupe.

16. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    The galaxy might as well surrender now.

17. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    This is one of my rabid plot bunnies. Of course, it got mixed in with my musings on the lack of details about Iella's family and background before CorSec, and in my crazy head-canon, Iella is now Talon Karrde's long lost daughter.

My mind is a strange strange place sometimes.

18. CrazyOldHermit

Aug 22, 2007
    You're in the right place then. :p

19. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Certainly am!

20. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Gah, double post, but I can't edit atm.

Just rereading Rebel Dream (not an X-wing book, but it almost might as well be) and I have to say I love the scene where Kell and Luke are working on Luke's X-wing together. Quite apart from it being good to see the boys getting back to their mechanics roots, we get the mental image (Luke's PoV no less) of the X-wing suddenly deciding to chow down on a Wraith. Can I just say that this screams out for a fan art depiction?

21. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Since 'Dream and 'Stand are both written by Allston, I vote they be admitted as honorary members of the X-Wing series!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Seconded! Very much so. They're the X-wing stand-ins in NJO.

23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    What about the Dark Tide Duology?

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think those might be more "I, Jedi sequels".

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I agree. We had much more focus on Corran in those books than we did on Rogue Squadron. In fact, Jaina and Gavin were pretty much the only RS pilots even named, let alone given character.