main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Welcome to the EUC!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Sinre Edit: The Welcome Thread is not the place for this. Please address your concerns by PM or in the Senate. Cheers.

2. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I need to get back into the EU - I love the books but haven't taken up any since 'Legacy' ended with Darth Cadeus's story.

Hopefully this place will kick-start my EU love again as I feel I'm quite behind with the books now picking up from 'Legacy'. :confused:

Robimus likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm still reading the Legacy Series Gelderd! Welcome to our humble home! ;) The Blue Moon is the social Hub of the forum, but check out the many clubs, they will all be happy to have you!!

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Eh, you are only about 10 books behind. Millenium Falcon and Fate of the Jedi is really all you need to catch up on. And Millenium Falcon is 100% optional. I never read the whole thing.

5. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I remember holding that and deciding whether to buy it or not, and I decided against it to give it some time to come down in price, and that was the point I drifted. I'll get back into it soon I think, being on here has helped re-ignite my spark for all things Star Wars again.

6. scotcat

scotcat Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2013
    Hello all. I'm new around here, but thought I'd make my presence known since I'll likely be posting quite a bit in various places in the EU community. :D

7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Welcome scotcat ! Look forward to seeing you around :)

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Geldard, Millennium Falcon is the only Star Wars book I gave away... You'll cope without it ;)

Welcome Scotcat!

Runjedirun likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

You found us!! Told you to follow me!? Welcome!

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Always worth the price of a paperback ;) There is a lot of cool info in Millennium Falcon despite it being not very important to the overall mythos.

It might be easier to go straight into FOTJ skipping it though, as MF did serve as a set up for FOTJ but the authors ended up going in a bit of a different direction creativly in the end.

Su'cuy

You have taken your first steps into a larger world.

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Greetings to all of you!
    My user name is General Immodet and I would like to make some advertisement for the Senate Games.

For some time now, I and several other users have been playing what is called 'the Senate Games'.
    The Senate Game gives each user the opportunity to represent a world in the so-called Senate.
    Together, we vote for bills, create motions, declare war on our enemies, debate about certain topics...
    The Senate is headed by a Chancellor, a Vice-Chancellor and a Speaker.
    Elections are held each month. By forming political alliances, you can become Chancellor as well.
    The current Senate Game is called 'Aflame'. Momentarily, I am Speaker.

If you want to join up, be sure to let me know!
    Playing the Senate Game is very much fun.
    Of course, new members are always allowed to join our ranks.
    So, do not hesitate to join up!

May the Force be with you!

General Immodet, Senator of Lorahns

Robimus likes this.
  12. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Wait, you gave that away but kept Shadows of Mindor???

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I love Shadows of Mindor :D

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Hey all - I'm new to the forums (sort of) and my 30+ years of Star Wars love has been kindled I'm glad to say.

Anyway I'm a massive fan of the EU - especially the Thrawn trilogy, NJO and Commando books etc so I'll be flitting in and out of here.

I'm a few books behind now no doubt but I'll pick them up soon enough. Can't be any worse than Revan thats for sure. ;)

Oh and I LOVE Swtor and all related books comics etc.

Robimus likes this.
  15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Hando! Glad to see you made it over here! I was going to your WNU thread to invite you but I noticed you had posted in the KOTOR thread here so I didn't.

Hando likes this.
  16. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    In my excitement to post in the KOTOR thread I didn't notice this one lol. My bad. ;)

17. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    You truly are evil.
    Well, you sure seem to have good taste! I don't read the comics myself, and I guarantee that you'll have the X-Wing books recommended if you haven't read them already, but welcome to the fold!

(Just keep in mind that there is no effective way free of the craziness.)

Hando likes this.
  18. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    :cool: Cheers Zarkin - great to be back here after many, MANY years absence when I used to flit in and out. (I'm talking very early days and can't remember my old username. :( )

I do have the X-wing series though haven't readthem all I must confess. [face_blush]

19. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    For shame! To both of those! Can't remember your old username and you haven't read all of the X-Wing books?!?!

No worries, I got reprimanded yesterday for not reading the Twin Suns books. :p

It's nice to have you back then my friend. :)

Hando likes this.
  20. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    I know, I know. . . . . ;)
    And thanks - great to be back, the force is definitely strong in this one. :D

BultarSwan and zarkinfrood like this.
  21. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Hi, I'm hoping to return to these forums; I was here about two and a half years ago. I wasn't that involved, so I'm probably not remembered. I did have a thread about the NJO where I posted my impressions of each book. Sadly I never finished. I had decided to take a quick break because I was becoming exhausted. If I remember correctly, I was pushing myself to finish each book quickly and that was almost all I was doing. Well right at that time something came up in my life. Nothing horrible, but it was time consuming. When everything was resolved, coming back here wasn't really on my mind. At one point I did look back at the thread and saw that it was locked. I doubt I would have went back to posting at that time anyway. That project was one of the few things that I started and never finished so it does kind of bother me. Despite the fact that my writing wasn't that great.

After reading a couple EU books over the past weeks, I go an urge to come back here. I had a lot of fun on these forums. Hopefully I will contribute more this time. If this is the wrong thread, I'm sorry. It's been a while.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome Back JediKnight75, I remember you. Jump in where you want, the Blue Moon Cantina is a good place to start. Or the New Users thread is good too. Welcome home.

23. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I really need to catch up on my EU, so much literature and media, shows to catch up on....

24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Well, at least it's stopped expanding...

General Immodet likes this.
  25. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Excuse me but can I put "Who's your favorite EU author" thread on the EU community? I put the thread in the other EU board and was told this would be a better place, so is it? Just want to make sure thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.