main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks ginchy, Jade_eyes, Hazel, Briannakin, and earlybird-obi-wan for reading and taking the time to review. I thought I would put out a small update for the holiday!

~JL~

Entry 50

The late King’s cousin accused the Queen of lying about the pregnancy and skipping off to Coruscant to get pregnant. The accusation could get him banished from the planet, but he was so sure he was correct that he publicly denounced the Queen and demanded proof of paternity.

The Queen agreed to provide proof of pregnancy and Ben and I accompanied her to a medical clinic where two blood samples were taken and sent to a local DNA laboratory of her choice and a second sample sent to a laboratory of the cousin’s choosing. Although the Queen is only a couple weeks along there is a blood test called a Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Microarray paternity test that can be done within a couple weeks of conception. I know about SNP paternity tests because that is what was used for my paternity trial. This particular test is used to identify small DNA fragments from the fetus in the mother’s blood stream to determine paternity.

After a couple days the tests came back and to Olaf Racine’s great surprise the Queen was pregnant and the King is the father. Opps! I guess he played that situation wrong. The public outcry against him was so intense that he didn’t bother to be officially banished. He left of his own accord.

I thought the Queen could go home now that he was out of the picture, but she said the Seers said she should not leave yet. That’s okay, I am enjoying this mission. Hanging around royalty is pretty nice.

After a few days I noticed that Ema would try to keep her schedule the same as mine. She would usually stay awake and hang around with me when I was pulling my shift. A few times she would dress up as the Queen and we would go out—usually with a contingent of private security guards—and walk through a park or go to a museum. But that was rare and most of the time we would hang out in the royal suite and talk. I think I was falling in love…and that was a problem. I don’t know how professional it would be to start a relationship with Ema. I wasn’t even sure if Ema wanted a relationship. I could be misreading her signals. After all, I was a teenager and she was a beautiful, sophisticated woman. Of course, I don’t look like a teen. I have my father’s build and height, so I look like I am in my mid-twenties.

I needed to talk to Ben about this situation. He is the Jedi Knight in charge of this mission and the last thing I want to do is screw this up for him.

One day I was able to get Ben alone to talk to him.

“Ben,” I said tentatively. “I know it would be improper to get emotionally involved with somebody we are guarding…but we are simply guarding the Queen, right?”

Ben grinned at me. “Are you getting a little infatuated with Ema?”

I blushed. “She is beautiful and I think she is interested in me.”

Ben laughed out loud. “You wish. She’s an older, sexy, attractive woman…why would she be interested in a teenage Jedi Apprentice?” His smile got broader. “Especially when she could have a full Jedi Knight—a man in his twenties, with striking red hair and highly erotic freckles.” Ben then started laughing letting me know he wasn’t serious.

I punched Ben in the arm. “Knock it off or I’ll tell Niki you were checking out Ema.”

Ben chuckled. “Don’t do that. You’d break Niki’s heart.” He shoved his hands in his trouser pockets and looked down at the floor in thought. “I don’t see anything wrong with you seeing Ema as long as it doesn’t interfere with guarding the Queen.” He then grinned. “But I think you’re dreaming.”

He's probably right, but you never know until you try.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    He's got to get that playboy reputation from somewhere. Might as well aim-high. [face_mischief]

Jade_eyes and Jedi_Lover like this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great update. I wonder where this will go, and how badly Talon gets burned, because we all know who he ends up with.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Great entry...Way to shoot down Talon's dreams, Ben.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    They are cousins who grew up together. I figure they are going to act like brothers. :p

6. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

They do have the feel of brothers. I'm sure Ben is a lot closer to Talon than his own. Then again the twins are the youngest aren't they?

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    EmeraldJediFire. Yeah, Talon is almost three years younger than Ben. The twins are younger than Talon and Hanna is the youngest. I figure they would be close because Mark is Ben's Master and Mara is Talon's Master. Plus I was always closer to my friends than my siblings. It's something about living with someone that makes you want to spend time apart. I am sure Ben and Talon hang out outside the temple more than Talon and Jaden do.

8. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

I don't think you appreciate your siblings until you're bother older (adults). While what irks you about them doesn't totally go away, I think you can communicate better. At least that's what I think...my brother and I are nine years apart, so its a bit different for me.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I'm glad the accusation by the usurper was cleared up so easily. Ema and Talon -- woot! I felt the little tug in the entry before this; ;) how serious she is is a question. It's only natural he'd be infatuated. :)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the detailed information he is giving about the tests and the teasing between him and Ben

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Talon had the hots for the Queen's aid... I wonder how that will go. [face_thinking]

12. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Oh dear. Gotta love the brain bleach trivia. :p

Edit: Didn't see the other posts. Whoops.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    It sounds like you Googled apophallation. :p I used that joke in a couple fics, but nobody gets it usually.

14. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Okay, now I'm caught up. I wonder what's going to happen with the Queen. Somehow I don't think it will all be smooth sailing from here out.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Kahara, Hazel, Briannakin, earlybird-obi-wan, Jade_eyes, EmeraldJediFire, and ginchy for reading and taking the time to review.

He is a nineteen year old boy who looks like a man trapped in an apartment with a beautiful women. Can you blame him for getting a little smitten.

I think most of you read Sacrifices...so there is some indication as to how Talon ends up in 40 ABY. Ginchy is right, he has to get his playboy reputation somehow. ;)

Ha! Dreams can come true. Within days Ema and I kissed and she initiated it! I was absolutely shocked. My heart is still beating rapidly. I’m falling hard for this woman. I’m so excited; I really need to record what happened.

Last night, the Queen had retired to her room and Ben was sleeping. It was just Ema and I on the couch in the sitting room. She was telling me all the things she would do if she had Jedi powers…which makes me glad she doesn’t have Jedi powers because if she did the King’s cousin Racine would be missing his royal jewels… and I don’t mean diamonds. Ha! I told her the Jedi are trained not to use our powers frivolously or out of anger or revenge.

She looked at me skeptically. “You mean you never used your powers for something other than Jedi business? I don’t believe you.”

Stang, she’s got me there. “Okay, I have used it to give the occasional wedgie.”

Her brow furrowed in confusion. “What’s a wedgie?”

“You know when you grab the back of a person’s underwear and pull it up forcefully.”

“Oh, we call that a shimmie.” She laughed. “I hope you didn’t do that to Ben. He is such a sweet man.”

I experienced a slight twinge of jealousy at that remark, but quickly brushed it off. Ben is a nice guy. “No, not to Ben. I usually do it to my brother.”

“Oh, you’re bad. I’m glad my sister doesn’t have the Force. She’s annoying enough as Queen of the Crown Worlds.” She laughed and then followed up by, “I’m kidding of course. I love my sister.” She crossed her arms across her chest and smirked. “You said earlier that all the rumors about you are false, but be honest with me…have you ever used the Force to influence a woman?”

I blushed and dropped my gaze. “I have, but not in the way you think.”

She chuckled. “How so?”

I sighed. “My friends and I were at a sports bar watching the smashball tournament and my brother’s date was rambling on and on about something and so I gave her a little suggestion for her to please be quiet and enjoy the game.”

Ema’s eyes went wide. “You can do that? Make a suggestion and people obey?”

I looked away embarrassed. “Only if they are weak minded or not expecting it. I shouldn’t have done it. It’s wrong and I immediately felt bad about using the Force in that manner.”

She smiled at me warmly. “You are a good man Talon Tantiss. Most people wouldn’t have given it a second thought.” She then laid her hand on my knee and leaned in a little closer. I looked down at her hand and my breath arrested in my lungs. My mouth went dry and my heart started beating wildly. I was sure she was going to kiss me! I am no virgin, but I am not overly experienced and I never had a mature woman this beautiful making advances on me. She looked deeply into my eyes and said, “Kiss me.”

Oh Gods! I was so shocked that I was sure Ben could pick up on my panic through the Force. I was worried he'd come busting out of his sleeping chamber with lightsaber ready…but thankfully he remained in his room. Either he didn’t sense my emotions or he knew what was going on. “Okay,” I said, my voice was cracking in shocked disbelief as I leaned in and kissed her. It was a soft kiss that lasted only a few seconds before I pulled away nervously. I gazed at her expectantly looking for some approval of my kissing skills.

She smiled widely. “It does work.”

I looked at her confused. “What?”

“I made a suggestion and you obeyed. I must be a Force-user.”

I chuckled. “Or an exceptionally beautiful woman. I am sure you could persuade any man to do your bidding.”

“That must be it, because from what I’ve seen you are definitely not weak-minded,” she said coyly as he lips twitched in amusement.

I gave her a sheepish grin. “My Master and brother would probably disagree with you on that point.”

“Well, lets investigate further. Kiss me again,” she said in a teasing voice and she might as well have been a Jedi Master because I obeyed eagerly.

After a few seconds I pulled away from the kiss and gave her a nervous smile. “I might not be weak-minded,” I said with a chuckle. “But I definitely have a soft spot in my head for you.” I gave an anxious cough and fidgeted nervously. “Unfortunately, I am on duty. I really shouldn’t allow myself to be distracted.”

“I understand,” she said softly. “Perhaps you can tell me more about your family.”

I smiled somewhat relieved. I didn’t need an assassin creeping into the apartment while I was kissing the queen’s sister. And if Ben caught me I would have hell to pay. He is my cousin and best friend, but he is a Jedi Knight with a strong sense of duty. He would never tolerate me letting down my guard.

“Sure,” I said and then started rambling on about my brother and cousins and our past adventures. All the time my mind was shouting out, ‘We kissed! We kissed!’ I’m surprised every Force-user on the planet didn’t hear my mental celebration.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Men are men, women are women. And Talon is going for them;)

Nice post

17. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Aww, ha ha. Maybe they did and he'll get a lot of snarky texts (or whatever they use to send people notes; there's got to be something.)

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum! How sweet! :)

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehe! Talon's smooth!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh Talon. You are your uncle's nephew! Great update.

I sighed. “My friends and I were at a sports bar watching the smashball tournament and my brother’s date was rambling on and on about something and so I gave her a little suggestion for her to please be quiet and enjoy the game.”

Oh the plot bunnies are attacking. I wonder if Corran ever did that to Callista :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Briannakin [face_rofl] [face_rofl] He had to. :p :rolleyes: And you know deuced well that if Luke took Callista to Hapes, they wouldn't have the rocking the world love time he is having with Mara. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] It's that whole Force thing [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Could Callista be affected by the Force? For some reason I saw her to be like the Vong.

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That's a good point. I kinda saw her as 'cut off' from using the force, so I'm not sure if a mind trick would work on her.

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Great chapter, I enjoyed his surprise. :)

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks newdawn12, Briannakin, Jade_eyes, Hazel, Kahara, and earlybird-obi-wan for reading and taking the time to comment. I don't know how he can't become smitten with a beautiful older woman who is interested in him, especially when he is in close contact with her for weeks. The poor boy doesn't have a chance. This is one step up from locking him and a girl in a room (maybe with voodoo heads) or perhaps they fall in freezing water and they are forced to strip and use their body heat to survive. Those are two of my favorite plot devices to getting the ball rolling for romance. :p

The next entry is short so I thought I would post it.

~JL~

Entry 52

Crap! Ben did hear my internal revelry. He came out of his room later that night after Ema went to bed. He was wearing a classic Han Solo lopsided grin and whispered to me in an overtly mocking tone. “We kissed! We kissed!” He then puckered up his lips and made kissy sounds.

I glowered at him. “Knock it off. It was just a kiss and we stopped because I was on duty.”

Ben smirked at me. “I know. If you disappeared off into a bedroom when on watch we’d be having an entirely different conversation right now.”

I nodded, somewhat embarrassed. I now felt like the young apprentice that I am, whereas Ben is every bit the Jedi Knight…just like his father.

I think he could sense my embarrassment. “it’s okay, Talon,” Ben said as he walked over to the kitchen to get some juice to drink. “Just keep it on your off-duty hours.”

“I will.” I said and then gave him a wicked grin. “I told you she was interested.”

Ben rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah, once again the Skywalker good looks have helped you get the girl.”

I frowned. “You mean my Tantiss good looks.” I gave him a wink. “Maybe you can use your Skywalker looks to get the Queen to fall for you.”

Ben shook his head. “That’s not going to happen and not just because of my duty toward her or because she’s a grieving widow,” Ben said before he smirked and then made a show of shuddering. “No, the thought that we might end up dating sisters is unnerving. The next thing you know they are planning a big royal double wedding and I am stuck living next door to you for the rest of my life.”

I scowled melodramatically. “Hey, what’s wrong with me?”

“Other than you are always in trouble? And you usually drag everybody else along with you.” He shook his head then smiled. “Never mind, just keep frosty while on duty. This is my first mission as a Knight with an apprentice working for me. It won’t look good if I let you get into more difficulties than usual.”

“I promise to remain professional while on duty!” I put my hand over my heart to show my sincerity.

Ben gave me a nod. “Good.” He then flopped down on the couch and started flipping through the holonet channels. “I’m awake, so go ahead and get some sleep.”

“Sure.” I got up and went to my room. I was so excited I wasn’t sure if I could sleep, but I could meditate. I definitely needed time to process what had happened today.