main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Should Leia be a Jedi or Politician in the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Allana_Rey, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Should Leia be a Jedi in the ST?

1. Yes

131 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Unsure

16 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Maybe

26 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia should have been able to hash things out with Vader/Anakin in ROTJ imo.

agentkrycek and Poli-Sci Jedi like this.
  2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I have little fear she'll be riding shotgun to Luke... they're all 'old', remember. "I'm getting too old for this sort of thing", said Obi-Wan Kenobi... Luke & Leia will be about Old Ben's age in the ST.

It'll probably be Luke's kid(s) and Leia's kid(s) that are heading off to save the galaxy.

3. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    I absolutely think she should be a Jedi in the ST. It's talked about a fair bit in episodes 5 and especially 6 that she very well could be one. By that standpoint alone I think it would be sick to see her as a full fledged Jedi in her own right.

kubricklynch and agentkrycek like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm on the fence about her using a lightsaber in a tight spot, depends on how it's handled, but she should definitely be Force-ish. If not even a Jedi but, y'know, mind-tricking some stubborn politician to get something passed in the New Republic senate. (For a good cause, really!)

Miles Lodson likes this.
  5. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Well now, that would be wrong, wouldn't it Al? Very dark side thing to do, using the Force to influence politics! Pretty sure Leia wouldn't do that...

Again, I'd like to see Leia not as a Knight, but more of a Consular...a representative of the Jedi Council in the Senate, like her role in the EU. A Jedi embassador, if you will. I don't see her having much of a combat role, unlike Luke, who we would all like to see kicking some butt before he has to pass the torch!

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Luke has always been more of the wise sage/consular type, while Leia has always been more of the kickass warrior with snarky one-liners.

Yanksfan, Storybound and agentkrycek like this.
  7. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    Can Hutts become jedi?

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    How very mature. :rolleyes:

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I could see Leia succumbing to power lust. But I doubt it is what the ST will be about, no matter how terribly dangerous a Darth Leia would be.

10. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    Right, because not cracking jokes on internet forums is extremely mature.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    We've had months and months of people cracking jokes about the actors ages, weight, etc. It just gets old to be honest.

Yanksfan and kubricklynch like this.
  12. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    Yeah I'm sure it gets old . . . Like Carrie Fisher!

(I'm sorry I couldn't help it)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I walked right into that one, I guess. =D=

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Debbie_Skywalker

Debbie_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2013
    Yes, please!!!! Even if she's only just newly been made a Jedi Knight, I honestly think that she needs to be a Jedi by the time of Ep. VII. And if it is established that she went through her training some time ago, and has been a Jedi Knight for a number of years, then maybe . . . just maybe . . . she could be one of the instructors at the Jedi Academy. That would be a role that I could definitely see her playing in the rebuilding of the Jedi Order, and I know that Luke, as Jedi Master, would be very supportive of his twin sister's desire to teach new padawans.

15. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Agreed on all points, but I feel the need to point out (without citing pictures of hamburgers and cigarette butts) that Mark is in completely the same boat as Carrie, in regard to their physical capability to perform fan-service Jedi action.

Poli-Sci Jedi likes this.
  16. Slash78

Slash78 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Mark Hamill wasn't all that impressive in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. Yet he's supposed to be the "Jedi Master" now...

17. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Who would care about a political career when you can have the ability to make people do what you want with a wave of your have, or brainwash them. Or weild a freaking lightsaber and deflect laster beams. Or run faster than the Flash! Or jump and flip really, really high. And most of all, kick anyone's butt (save for another Jedi/Sith ofcourse) :p

Only reason she might NOT be a Jedi is if she had problems with Dark Side temptation...

18. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    That's a bit ageist... She could still get away with it, just needs to tighten up...

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    FOR THE PREVIOUSLY UNENLIGHTENED: WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR JOKES & INSULTS REGARDING THE WEIGHT AND/OR MENTAL HEALTH OF THE ACTORS & ACTRESSES.

WE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PUT YOU ON A POSTING DIET.

Darth_Pevra and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I no my vote went to unsure when I first started this poll but now I definitely want Leia to be a Jedi!

21. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    eh, I just want Leia to be Leia,

a smart ass.

22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

A smart ass Jedi that is!

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    MODified: Gave the title a facelift so discussion can cover her potential status as not only a possible Jedi, but also a Politician or other options.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The TFN archives show that back in 1999 lots of TFN posters were mad at KJA for making Leia Chief of State instead of making her a Jedi.
    Thanks for the MODification.

25. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    i say "neither" because for the story to move on id like to see her dead. not that i want leia dead so much :( as for episode7 would be great to see an old pissed off han - with flashbacks showing how she died, explaining han's anger.