main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000

Yes, they come in the Silver can:

[​IMG]

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I had a wonderful dream about Episode VII last night (that's when you know you are thinking about it too much when it starts invading your dreams. :p) Apparently it's going to be a nice little art house film about one son's struggle to get his father off drugs. I guess Luke had a bit harder time getting over his father's fall to the dark side than he let on in ROTJ because he started drinking, became a dead beat dad, and Mara finally left him. That's when he started with the drugs. What I can remember of the dream was very poignant. =((

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Mara left him? Yeah, sounds like a good time for a party to me.

4. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    I can't wait to just be sitting there watching TV then when the adverts are on they show the Star Wars trailer for the first time ahhhh what a feeling that is:)

5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Welcome to the boards, ConnorLovesPadme. :)

Yeah, when the first commercials start popping up on TV I'm going to geek out. The first trailer for a new Star Wars movie is always an exciting time to be a fan. Oh, how I'll analyze every single frame of it just to get a sense of what to expect. It's going to be fun!

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My best memories of the TV ads were for the SEs, in which the ads told those of us who were in our mid-20s at the time that we could "see it again--on the big screen!"

I also enjoyed seeing little Jake Lloyd in front of the hut on Tatooine and realizing that, holy hell, that's Anakin Skywalker. I'm finally going to find out what happened to him to make him turn dark.

Darth Eddie likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    The thing I remember most about the build-up to Episode I was those banners that the official site would put up that had scenes from the film and a little snippet of dialogue. I remember when I first saw the one with Palpatine in his office and thinking that he looks nothing like the Emperor. :p

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I had dial-up and a computer with 8 MB of RAM. I doubt I could load the official site. :mad:

9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh no. Been there with my daughter more times than I'd like to admit.

The lice comb is your only hope.

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    anakinfansince1983: With all the medical marijuana stores near me (and in L.A. in general), I'm surprised that it doesn't happen more often. My favorite TPM pre-release memory: taking about 30 minutes+ to download the DOTF music video via dial up Internet.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I couldn't either on my computer at home. Whenever I went to the computer lab at my high school I would sneak onto the site whenever the teacher wasn't looking. Those were fun times. :D

Don't I know it. The bad thing is my wife checked them before they left and is certain they didn't have any then so it looks like they got them at camp but according to my girls they're the only ones being sent home. They're quite upset.

12. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    The only good prequel memories I have are from before May 19th 1999. I taped the trailers and saw them over and over again. Man, expectations were high! I was 14 or 15.

Other good memory I have is of eating a weed cookie while in line for Revenge of the Sith. Me and my friends were very high, we giggled for two hours quoting the silliest Star Wars things like the whole Greedo dialogue and the roaring sounds of TIE Fighters. (I'm not a junkie by the way but I do enjoy pot in special occasions).

Then I totally hated the movie. The first part is supposed to last like an hour and a half according to Lucas . . . it shows. I found it horribly paced and then we got introduced to this horrible Grevious character. Holy crap, then Obi Wan confronted him, got on top of that dinosaur and everything became a stage of Episode III the videogame.

When it was over, I was already over Star Wars at that point. I saw some fans crying and I thought "Come on, it was horrible but it's just a movie". Then I realized they were crying happy tears and for the first time I felt like an alien in the context of Star Wars. It didn't feel good.

Now I LOVE to hate these movies. So much fun stuff has come out of this massive hatred and disappointment.

The other thing is that is fascinating to have the fan base so radically divided. Of course some of you just read my comments about the prequels and are disagreeing with me. Isn't that fun? This are discussion boards and what we owe to Star Wars doesn't even compare to what Star Wars owes to us. In other words, it's OK for us fans to make fun of these things. We shouldn't get offended when someone sarcastically criticizes aspects of Star Wars.

I'm having a blast back on these boards. I love making fun of the prequels because I really really think they suck. If that bothers somebody, bring it on! Let's discuss! It's fun!

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Well, Ok man, except this is the wrong forum for that. There is a PT forum for discussing those movies. Trust me, you'll get all the discussion you can handle there. Meanwhile, we're all for discussing Ep. VII and general tomfoolery here. :)

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What about specific tomfoolery?

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I've been craving a Budweiser Chelada all day and now I have one. That and some homemade ravioli makes for a wonderful dinner.

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    My A/C has finally been fixed!!

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm watching my kids ride their last amusement park ride of the evening, after which I'm going to take them home, put them to bed and open the nice chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio that is currently in my refrigerator. :D

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sharing Our Bedroom With Bats: Week 7 - UPDATE EDITION: The legislatively un-evictable bat family has chosen to home school. Today began a handful of lessons in basic alphabet pronunciation. Mom/HomeschoolTeacher Bat patiently made a vowel sound in repetition until the children responded with the same vowel sound. Once they could manage to grasp the lesson, the next vowel sound would be repeated with endless patience until it was comprehended. Since it is homeschooling, this class only lasted 6 or so hours. I am happy to report the kids seem to be making what I can only assume is apparent progress in their education. They grow up so fast.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sorry you all have this problem and I'm hoping you've got good earplugs and a supply of melatonin.

But that description was hilarious. [face_laugh]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Pacific rim yay or nay?

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The internet wasn't a regular thing for me back then due to dial-up (I was 14 at the time and my parents had me on an internet limit because I used to always tie up the phone line), so I had to resort to other methods of obtaining news such as Star Wars Insider and the news outlets on TV. I remember waiting in agony through an episode of Entertainment Tonight just to see the first look at the teaser trailer for TPM. I also taped it and proceeded to watch it over and over again.

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    That is without question hilarious and inappropriate at the same time. Keep it up. We'll be reading a lot about you on the boards. Welcome Back.

23. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I remember crying at the end of the midnight premiere after ROTS. Not just because it was so sad, but that it was goodbye. It was the last Star Wars movie, we weren't going to see anymore for the first time and we'd waited all this time for the last hurrah.

I never, not in my wildest dreams, thought we'd be back here again. Waiting in anticipation for the new film. Mr Geldar and I will probably be taking our kids to see them...and we might even be part of the premiere being 501st members.

24. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    Same! I still remember driving home with my brother and my dad crying that Padme died! Hahaha the lack of news for the new movie is killing me talk about torture.

25. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    :mad: - JEALOUS!! :p

Had my photo taken with some of the UK 501st (I think) last October at a convention in London. I went with my daughter cuz she's a huge Homestuck cosplayer and my luck was in!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.