main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Lightsaber for me... :p

Lets just hope we get something from CEII!!!

*gives us a trailer at least*

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree with the trailer part

3. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    So, fans, Mary Franklin told me on Twitter that the "Secrets of Star Wars: The Clone Wars" which will be at Celebration Europe 2 on Friday, July 26th from 3PM to 4PM on the Behnd the Scenes stage will be super-cool. So, hopefully, that means we'll get an announcement on the upcomng "Clone Wars" bonus content arcs. So, what do you thnk?

P.S. Here is the link: https://twitter.com/MaryLFL/status/353940012653477889.

Oh, and please, please, please reply to my question. Will any of you users from America be attending CE2? If any of you do, please bring a video camera or camcorder to record the "Secrets of Star Wars: The Clone Wars" panel and post it on Youtube afterwards without cutting any footage. Please reply to my question because this is the main panel of Celebration Europe 2 we need recorded and put on Youtube. Please reply. Thank You.

vong333, hlc88 and Seerow like this.
  4. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I guarantee you, if they show a clone wars clip, it will be on youtube, no need to worry.

5. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    So, are you going to CE2, iPodwithnomusic?

6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Also, SDCC confirmed a state of Star Wars panel (amoung many others) for the Friday of SDCC. No Clone Wars or rebels specific panels, but I'm sure they will discuss TCW at least a little bit, if not directly. Rebels and maybe even Ep VII will be touched on in more detail. I will be in attendance for this, along with a star wars authors panel later on, and a Dark Horse one. Even Leland Chee will be moderating the panel.

My entire SDCC friday will be dedicated to nothing but Star Wars. Worry not, friends. If there's anything to be learned there this year, I'll try to find it and post my findings by the evening (if not sooner).

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    al patrickson

I kinda doubt any LACWACkers are heading out to CEII (I'm obviously not attending), but you can try addressing your question at those here in Europe who might be nearby. Regardless, like iPodwithnomusic said, there's a good chance that there will be a clip on Youtube shortly following the event if they do play one. Heck, there will probably be something on the OS or in news sites like IGN like a publicly released clip after the event. So I'm just here to preach patience. "We've waited so long already. We can wait just a little longer." The SW news sites will be all over this, and I personally can't wait to see what news is in store at CEII!

Sounds great! While I will be around the area throughout most of the summer, I'm going to be too busy to attend SDCC. Envious! Glad that you are going to keep an eye out for TCW bonus content and Rebels news. And Leland Chee moderating the panel sounds interesting. I imagine that people will be asking him questions on the state of the continuity with the upcoming Episode VII, as well as changes made by TCW to C-canon. I'm particularly curious about the fate of Barriss Offee, now that her story has taken such a curious detour. Perhaps you can ask some questions to Chee? :D

Anyways, keep us posted!

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hopefully we're almost there and we'll finally get an announcement on where we'll see the Bonus content.

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  9. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Any questions I ask will be either directly related to the bonus content, continuity minded, or character/cameo related, in that order of importance. I planned this trip for pretty much that exact purpose (amoung many other things, of course) and even if I won't get as much done as I would've liked, I'll do what I can to get the most out of it. I'm determined to discover the fate of the bonus content, the post ROTJ EU (which I'm not super attached too, but still mildly curious about. I may even bluntly ask them if the release of Ep VII will make reading the post ROTJ EU totally pointless), and well... darn it... I want to know whatever I can about Maul, Talzin, Eeth Koth, and the few remaining forgotten characters TCW didn't get to flesh out like Sly Moore, Oppo, Coleman Kcaj and whatever I can.

Don't worry, I won't waste the chance on trivial stuff. I'll ensure questions are handled in order of importance based on what the panels already discuss (This is the very first post Disney Star wars SDCC, so it's a big deal and I expect at least SOME relevant talk in a set of panels that claim to be about the state of the franchise). I'll also be sure to approach panel heads after the event directly where I'm able, like I've done in the past at the Dark Horse panel. I told them a few months back how strongly I support their efforts and hope for them to fight for the franchise til the very end. They reiterated that their involvement was not ending in the foreseeable future, despite rumors.

Seerow and Circular_Logic like this.
  10. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I think its likely that anyone attending will be posting about it on twitter as things are said, whether its recorded or not. We should know pretty quickly what is said within a few minutes-to an hour of what is said. And anyone here who is going may post a better analysis once they have access to a computer. Only 2 and a half weeks to go and hopefully we will have something good to talk about and get excited about.

11. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I can tell you this,there will be NO major announcements at SDCC this year.No Rebels or EP7 stuff.Rebels will be at CE2 and honestly I'm getting the vibe that NO EP7 stuff will come out of SDCC,CE2 or D23 in the next month.

12. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    So, does that mean you two are going to CEII, Redfive and HEDGESMFG?

13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You seem pretty sure on this, so I'm guessing you have a source of some kind, but I would guess that we'll at least get some more Clone Wars Bonus Content clips. At the very least they haven't shared the Yoda arc bonus content clip with anyone besides Disney weekend attendees. They'll probably at least play that one again and put it up on the site finally.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Really? Where is your source on this may i ask?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  15. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I've been keeping an eye on this too. It's hard to see where any info about Rebels or EP 7 would be revealed at SDCC, With the schedule posted I don't see any panel where those type of announcements might be made. The Leland Chee panel referenced above seems to be a Star Wars authors panel? With shooting starting early next year I would have thought they would want to make a big 3 in EP7 announcement at SDCC this year, especially with H. Ford being there, but with Carrie and Mark already confirmed for CE2 maybe an announcement will be made there?

16. al patrickson

May 17, 2013
    Hey, guys. So, I asked Mary Franklin if the Secrets of the Clone Wars panel will finally reveal an announcement on the upcoming "Clone Wars" bonus content episodes. And, she replied the panel will have Secrets. Here's the link for proof: https://twitter.com/MaryLFL/status/354409372392243201.

So, what do you think?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Sound like a Tailer or an episode or two might get screened.

18. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    I understand that we won't have much in the way of major Ep VII news, and probably little to nothing on Rebels, but the fact that there are dedicated "state of the franchise" and "Star Wars authors" panels means that very relevant questions can at least be addressed, and I'm sure at least a hint of the bonus content's current nature can be discovered somehow. Otherwise, why host these panels at all? There is very little else to talk about, actually. Heck, give me wifi access of some kind at the con and I'll report here directly ASAP.

And no, I can't make CEII. Getting to SDCC was my attempt to get the inside scoop on everything early since there was no American celebration this year, but a European trip is well beyond my retail working Midwesterner budget.

I remain optimistic that I can at least learn something interesting in the next 2 weeks.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I think we might get the release dates for the Bonus Content at CEII

20. HEDGESMFG

Nov 20, 2010
    Looks like D23 is confirming some Star Wars programming as well. At worst, I'd say we're a month away from finally getting something definitive on the bonus content 'and' some really cool Rebels news. Ep VII? Less likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if we learn at least something major by D23.

21. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    All the Star Wars panels at SDCC seem pretty specific, comics, books, toys - I can't find a general Star Wars Franchise panel on the schedule anywhere?

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Heard that one before.:p

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Were did Red5 get his info? See what I'm talking about, post a random nothing is coming out and when faced with producing evidence, the poster disappears. If their is no news well, we will wait for it. It will come out eventually. I just hope that Disney, Lucasfilm, Filoni and everyone don't stiff the fans with the bonus content. If you want the fan base to trust in your newly acquired product and beleive in the company as many did with GL, then they will give us as many episodes they can release. They have to know that many people were not happy with the cancellation of the clone wars and it wasn't because the show was unsuccesful, because it was. They left too many plot holes, failed to bridge the gap like they said they would between Episode 2 and 3, and outright crushed and at the same time didn't crush prior clone wars material. To make matters worse, now both LOE and the second volume of the micro clone wars series stand as the true lead in to Episode 3. Whether they out did themselves with too many stories, or budget concerns, or profits that Disney was not going to be getting is up for extensive debate. The issue here is that the series is incomplete and what was allegedly promised was not delivered and may never probably be delivered. If they want us to buy into what they are going to do in the future, they can't keep doing this or people will walk away from the franschise faster than a New York second. And a New York second is pretty damn fast.

klooney likes this.
  24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

You can bet that when Lucas sold Lucasfilm he didn't bet on the Clone Wars being cancelled. He probably assumed it would continue to the end they had planned. That disney would not be stupid enough to end it. You can't blame the company for something they didn't anticipate happening because the popularity of the show. I also bet it was partly to do with a rival network airing it too and Disney didn't want to take on another show that had aired elsewhere so they took the easy option and cancelled TCW over sorting out a deal that would benefit both Disney/Lucasfilm and CN/Turner.

The "promises" about the show where made long before Disney entered the equation. They just did not realise that Lucas selling the company would lead to cancellation before they could reach that mark. It's that simple. You can't rely on previous promises when the funding for TCW completely changes and the whole Star Wars franchise moves to a complete new owner. Promises made in the past by another owner simply do not stand up or have a footing with the new company.

klooney and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I hope we do and it should be so. It is the best time for an announcement.

OH YEAH, a trailer at CEII sounds awesome!

Legolas Skywalker likes this.