main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub KOTOR/SWTOR Fanclub

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Skywalker_T-65, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    Did they ever merge the servers down to a reasonable amount? I logged on briefly a few months ago and found a cute tauntaun pet in my mailbox; I was disappointed because they had canned my server and I had to change a bunch of my names I'd had since launch, but I DID cancel my account so it was to be expected. The pet was a nice touch, but the server still seemed really dead..are they still that way?

I know this is a dead horse and been said a million times before, but I wish they'd still make a Kotor III :3 I've read the Revan novel, and it was pretty good, but there are still all my companions that I'd like to know about, and playing out the scenes in the novel might be pretty fun.

2. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Not sure since I just started in January but I think so - my server's quite active even in the usual off-hours

3. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    My server's quite active, too.

4. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    Good to know. I might return someday :)

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Is it just me or is Alderaan kinda hard?

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Parts of it were, but it's one of my favourite planets.

7. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    It was quite easy for me. Maybe because I was levels ahead. I was always levels ahead fue to FPs and heroics, and now this double xp is just fantastic for my BH. He's level 20 and I'm just about to start Balmorra.

To me, Makeb's been the hardest planet.

8. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    I loved KOTOR and tbh was a little disappointed with KOTOR II, just didn't grab me like #1 did.

When it comes to ToR I played for 6 months from start up then stopped, went back for a few months . . . stopped, and repeat!
    On the whole I love it - though people say it has its failings - personally I've been blown away by it at times but I've never MMO'd before or since and have nothing to compare it against.
    I think that if I ever found a decent guild I'd stick with it but it does get tedious by yourself eventually.

Played again tonight for the first time in weeks and had a blast. Agents are just dope!!:cool:

9. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    I'll agree with you on Kotor II - it was rushed, so largely unfinished :( If you ever get the chance to play it on PC with the restored content mod, it does some to rectify that and makes it a little better.

I stopped playing TOR because I was also playing WoW at the time (Don't. Do. It.), so I didn't want to pay for two games, and I had seven years invested into Wow. I've since quit all mmos, and am much happier for it, although I do dabble in Guild Wars 2 from time to time, but I feel less guilty about that since the full game is completely free. I'd love to play the free version of TOR, but the free list just looks so empty compared to all the other features available. I wish developers would start making games following GW's model. Vanity stuff in the cash shop, and a full free game; makes it so much less stressful. I can log on GW whenever I want and not have to feel like I *have* to play.

I really did like most things about TOR, though. I liked the character development, and the storyesque style to quests. So much more immersive than other mmo's. It had some shortcomings, but was still fun.

Hando likes this.
  10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Star Trek Online and World of Tanks are both totally free aside from 'premium' stuff.

Off-topic I know :p

11. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    Ugh, STO is TERRIBLE though. I played it at launch and just couldn't get into it. I am not really much into pilot sims and space battle games though, and that's all it really was. I was disappointed that I made a character, and you basically never got to even be them unless you were on an away mission or on the space station, which wasn't often. And for some reason, it didn't seem to matter where I went, I would run into a fleet of Klingon Warbirds that would just destroy me at every second.

It's disappointing, because I love Star Trek as much as I love Star Wars :(

12. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    I can understand the sentiment completely - but I think I keep going back because its Star Wars if I'm being honest.The music, the settings and seeing other "real" people running about buzzing off the same shizzle as me, lol! Its the Fanboy in me I know.[face_blush]

Having only ever subscribed I don't know what the free model is but "personally" I think everyone should get the same content, i just don't mind supporting the venture because of what it offers me . . . and if others gained from that then so be it! For what it costs per-month I don't really mind that outlay tbh as long as the content keeps on coming. (and there is so much of it I never play that will always be there for me to try like FP's, Heroics etc)

I've Roleplayed in the ToR world and have to say it was EPIC and I REALLY miss it but I can live with toddling round on my own again for now.

13. Atris

Atris Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2013
    I think the only game I've ever roleplayed in without feeling guilty was TOR :p

I could be completely wrong, but when I had checked, the free model still offered some of the things in the full content, but in limited quantities, or purchase only - only two character slots available, limited access to rewards from flashpoints and operations, AND quests, if I recall..some limited access on the market; the slower leveling, obviously, which isn't a huge deal.

Honestly, the biggest annoyance for me is the character slots. I wanted to play EVERY class, and now I had to choose between two - so I picked my inquisitor and juggernaut, but I really wanted to check out the lightside stories too :(

I will probably eventually resub, but I just can't afford an extra expense right now :(

I really wish TOR was more successful than it ended up being. Star Wars deserved it. I miss Galaxies pre devastating content patch :p

Hando likes this.
  14. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Lol - well its certainly the only game I've RP'd in and I miss it a lot. (Did lots of pen and paper RP when I was younger though.)
    I only felt guilty once or twice. [face_laugh]

I know there is a pack you can purchase with Cartel Coins that unlocks all the characters to use and I presume that would give you slots as well. . . . or you can open more slots up, again with Coins. BUT I suppose the problem is not being able to afford a sub means no £$£$£'s for Cartel Coins.
    And then the Crazy thing is I sub and get 600 free coins a month but I suppose its a reward for continued support. Helps me buy my Chiss agent some pretty cool stuff.

15. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Yeah, TOR is so much better with the subscribed status. FTP is just empty. I only lasted until Dromund Kaas before subscribing, I couldn't resist.

16. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I can't afford continued subbing but I unlock what I want through cartel coins when I do have money, so I can still play the game when I'm out.

17. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    It's not that expensive. If you only saved $3 a day, you can pay the subscription every 60 days.

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm tight on money after my trip and I need to focus on university. But it's fine for me, I can handle it at f2p, I'm not too bothered. Maybe down the road.

On that note, I'm going to see if my Internet can handle TOR and go start a character on Covenant :)

19. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Wonderful did my first fp in the group finder and the group votes to kick me out.:mad: I have no idea why either.:mad:

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I hope that wasn't my group, we had to kick someone today when they disconnected. But I doubt it was, we were low levels running Esseles. Getting kicked sucks, I've never been kicked but I've had to do it when people were getting my group killed or playing super bad. Still a pretty awful thing to do, I feel bad every time.

By the way, I now have 2 characters on Covenant, Letida (commando level 12, yes the same name as my main on bergeren, since I wanted to go through her story again), and Tlen (Sith warrior level 8, and a pureblood, will be a jugg). You're welcome to add both, I'll be on as Tlen in a few minutes if you want to do something... not that I can do much at that level :p

21. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I did the FP with another group. We were successful. Kewl I will add you.:D

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    You two are going to have to remind me what your characters' names are so I can friend you, it was too long ago :p

23. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    My Jedi is LADYANGELIC and my Sith is ROGUEGIRL

24. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Thats a problem I've had being an MMO n00b - shame really as when I have learnt I don't mind taking instruction and helping out where possible. I never knew the difference between, DPS, Tank etc but I did go and find out on other sites etc.

I can understand though, people have limited time online and want to fly a mission, get it done and move on without giving instruction and teaching eediotz like me!

25. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013

My Sith Pureblood Jugg is Va'lerian, and my Jedi Guardian is Val-erian, I think. You can also add me with my Bounty Hunter, which is the one I'm using most right now. Currently on Balmorra. :p Name's Voxar. I'll add you two next time I play.