main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Mandalorians in the ST

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Revanfan1, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I think that would be really, really cool to have Shysa's Mandos as backup for the good guys in the ST.

Trebor Sabreon and Mia Mesharad like this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fully agree

3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    My problem with mandalorians is we've already seen Iron Man three times now. People flying around in armor has been done, has it not? In the previous trilogies as well.

I'm not against it as an element, but as a main antagonist, no.

StoneRiver likes this.
  4. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Correct me if I am wrong, but do we know the Jedi Jango killed was a Jedi Master? Either way I already acknowledged that scene earlier. He never once escaped Obi-Wan. He was on his whole tale the whole time an managed to lead Obi-Wan to the Separatist base of operation almost ruining everything for that faction of the war. It took millions of Jango clones to wipe out the Jedi, and even then the films make it pretty clear Vader did the majority of that dirty work.

Boba is one we are told to fear in the galaxy, but all he ever really manages to do is find Han, and still manages to have one of the worst deaths in cinematic history in my opinion. I still don't see the hype form the films. Maybe they just aren't my cup of tea.

5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yes. In fact, he was seen on the Jedi Council earlier in the movie. So basically Jango killed a Jedi Council member, not just any run-of-the-mill Jedi Master.

6. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Thanks for answering that. I didn't know one way or the other. Impressive except for his incredibly unprofessional blunder with Mace Windu.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    They don't all have to wear jetpacks. Boba and Jango are bounty hunters, a jetpack is useful for them. Not so much for others because jetpacks are short range and heavy.

8. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Not only did he kill Coleman Trebor, but he killed him with only 1 pistol (Jango lost the other during his fight with Obi on Kamino).

I gotta back up my peeps. ;)

9. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Mandalorians typically do wear jetpacks...however it isn't required. There are some who simply wear capes, or no attachments at all, on the back of their armor. However, I wouldn't compare Mandos with jetpacks to Iron Man. Iron Man has repulsors in his feet. Mandalorians had fuel-based jetpacks on their backs. So they both fly and wear armor. That's a similarity. Whoo-hoo. By that standard, then Thor is technically a Jedi because he swings a weapon and can pull it to him with his mind, and shoot lightning.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Why would the common footsoldiers need jetpacks? I'd only expect elite warriors to wear them.

11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That's why stormtroopers don't wear jetpacks. ;)

12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    If TCW is anything to go by (and since GL oversaw the project personally), then all Mandalorian grunts will wear jetpacks.

Not to mention it would provide for some awesome aerial battles and rapid deployment from ships, not even requiring a landing:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  13. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    That was one of the best battle scenes in the entire show.

rhinotaz and Circular_Logic like this.
  14. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I'd love to see something like the Basilisk droids from the Revan novel/KotOR games at play as well...

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't think your Thor/Jedi comparison holds as well as mine does. Thor's powers are, I believe, magical. The Jedi's are a natural phenomenon of that world. I can see your point though. I still think people wearing armor suits who also wear helmets, fly, and shoot rockets are pretty darn similar. And this shouldn't be surprising, because both "characters" are geneologically inspired by the same pulp concepts from film and comic serialization.

I'd like to see Iron Mandos in the ST. I just hope that's not the main enemy. I am one of the few, I believe, who dug that old school black laser sword from TCW.

16. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    i'd be ok with other Mandalorians in the movie just as long as they don't wear the basic mandalorian armor. i would want to see a new design. The current design is too closely associated with Boba Fett and if they had 5 or 10 Mandos in that armor it would look like its just fan service. They had way too much of that in the Prequels.

They need to make sure they separate this time period and come up with some new designs.

Dra--- likes this.
  17. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I don't mind laser swords persay but them being black is problematic.

As for Mace vs Jango I honestly dont understand why jedi dont just crush someone in their armor or just repeatedly slam them into the ground or wall for a kill or ko way more often.

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Because something like that would require intense concentration?

19. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    so is this where the inspiration for Iron Mandalorian's came from?

[​IMG]

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    They are the one class that has been teased more than ever across the saga, from Boba Fett to the Clones to Jango and onwards thanks to the films, books, TV and games.

I would love to see them appear more in the ST as I think they are a great faction and would lend themselves to some truly memorable action and drama if done right.

Circular_Logic and Sean Sinclair like this.
  21. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    the clone war cartoons have a lot to answer for (tho they are fun)

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Hmm, okay, maybe it would be more accurate to liken clone troopers/stormtroopers to SPARTANs from Halo (sans their physical enhancements). They both wear suits of full-body armor including face-hiding helmets, and defend their governments.

Oh, I don't want to see Mandos as the main villains. No, I'd rather see them as either a neutral faction or working for the good guys. I also liked the Darksaber. It was pretty cool.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I wish they had left that saber what was originally proposed, a lightsaber resistant vibroblade. It even sounds like a vibroblade... just imagine the black blade is solid metal and it seems cooler to me. Basically all they did when Lucas said 'It has to be lightsaber' was redid the shader on the 3d model so it was a black translucent blade instead of steel and turned it invisible for part of the animation.