main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has the JC community become animal farm

Discussion in 'Communications' started by beezel26, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Are some users more equal then others.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/what-user-would-you-most-like-to-see-get-banned.50013528/
    Really no mod has decided that it should be taken off and maybe the poster banned themselves. But hey its ok SLG is liked by the mods so she can do whatever the hell she wants. OZK is just a practicing catholic who routinely gets the crap kicked out of him for his religious faith. I swear this place has become a mockery of itself. Once there was a group of people who cared that everyone be given a chance to be themselves and not be mocked. People including the mods believed in equal rights for everyone. Now with no one left the friends of the mods get to push the limits and do what they want. Those who were the champion of equal rights have now become those most guilty of taking away the equal rights of all users. The mods in the community don't care about doing their job. Maybe we need new mods who actually give a damn about this place.
    And I am sure the user that made this got a thumbs up from the mod who locked it.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/sleeze-beez.50013532/

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm not sure I quite follow your argument here - essentially you're saying that because the Community mods did not lock the first thread you linked, they're clearly demonstrating favoritism for the original poster. However, you're simultaneously arguing that another thread which was locked for baiting another user is somehow... also an argument that they're demonstrating favoritism for the original poster? I don't see how the second example would remotely support such an assessment, even assuming the first one did - which is quite debatable.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    This stuff was hashed out years and years ago.

Go away, beezel.

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    OZK is just a practicing catholic who routinely gets the crap kicked out of him for his religious faith
    -------------------------------------------

I don't venture into JCC as it's not my cup of tea but this is disturbing if it's true. I thought there was a rule against this kind of thing (bashing against any kind of faith)

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He doesn't "get the crap kicked out of him" for his religious faith. He gets told that he can't expect Catholic doctrine to apply to non-Catholics.

JediMaster_Jen and Eeth-my-Koth like this.
  7. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    oh, that's fair enough then :)

and that is true.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So wait, who are the pigs in this analogy? And does this make you the ass, Beezel? Is Darth Sapient the human kicked off the farm?

I'm just trying to decipher the logic here.[face_dunno]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd agree if it were any forum but the JCC.

10. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I think I'm on record saying we should burn the JCC and start over. But not over this silliness.

And this is hardly Animal Farm. Come on!

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    come back again in another 6 years, Bane.

Kyle Katarn and Point Given like this.
  13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    lol.

Beez I think the reason why it's open is because there's very little reason or rational to most of my posts, especially the trolling ones. I can tell you honestly that when I made that thread all I was thinking was "ha ha ha! Isn't this so edgy for the JC! Keyboards have letters on them!" I can also say that I don't read any of OZK's threads nor do I care about his existence or know much about him at all. His name just happens to begin with the same letter as the word "other" so I used it. I only just discovered tonight that he's a rape supporting sexist. But hey, to each their own religion like you say. Doesn't affect me. If you really wanted to lock that thread, the reason should be because there's like 5 or 6 poll options that are the same. Come on. Also let's be real Beez, I think a good portion of MS has a general dislike towards me because I'm a rudepantsmobile. So don't be using favoritism as an excuse for this.

Anyways hopefully that clears your troubled mind some more. Not everyone is deeply scheming.

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

Beez, you know the JCC has always been a mockery of TF.N, I mean YDDSWITJCC (or whatever it is, sorry, it's early)

and btw Lord Bane, love the icon.

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Beez, what happened mate? Talk to me.

16. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    "You can't fight in here- this is the War Room!"

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Also, do we mean Animal Farm as in an actual farm or animals, or the allegorical novella?

18. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    YOU MADE MY SON'S HEAD HURT! ARE YOU HAPPY? ARE YOU? ARE YOU???
    [​IMG]

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    There is a Report button. [face_dunno] Or you can troll back and up your post count while watching the trolls throw a hissy fit because they can't take their own medicine(If you're bored this is more fun than I can possibly describe). Or you could take it all as a joke regardless if it's not. Or you could just ignore it. Or you could use the actual Ignore option.

But I guess Comms threads are better drama which we don't get as much anymore.

20. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    This isn't drama, it's attention seeking. Comparing this to Comms Drama is besmirching it's good name.

21. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    So what do you want us to do about it, beez, deport them?

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    lol

23. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    'Tis at times like this, I look to music to help sooth the soul. Just so happens, I've got just the song for this occasion.

*takes out guitar*

Ahem, do re mi fa so la ti do

Here goes...
    "Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends? Why can't we be friends?"
    *puts away guitar*

There's a message somewhere in there, but that's for each of us to figure out on our own.

24. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I wanted to see if there was any real discussion here but there's really not so...locking.

jcgoble3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.